Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

2 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

The notion that a team committing a similar amount of fouls as their opponents should get a similar amount of cards is hilarious. 

It's almost as if the severity of fouls differs greatly.

Zero bookings is a bit suspicious, considering..

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Zero bookings is a bit suspicious, considering..

Considering 8 offside calls to 2, and 70/30 possession and 15 shots to 4, it's probably fairly safe to say that Celtic had the ball a lot, and had the ball in Hearts' half a lot, so had a *lot* less opportunity to commit booking-worthy fouls than Hearts.

15 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

The notion that a team committing a similar amount of fouls as their opponents should get a similar amount of cards is hilarious. 

It's almost as if the severity of fouls differs greatly.

Maybe one or two cards though eh?

Just now, WeeMentalDavie said:

Name a foul worthy of a yellow by a Celtic player?

Coincidentally, at Mcdiarmid Park yesterday - fouls 18-12, cards 5-0. Craig Napier must be a big Dons fan 

McGregor on Haring, if we're booking players for what Clancy was.  O'Reilly committed about 5 and didn't even merit a word.  Boyce got a farcical booking for time wasting.

Some of the Hearts bookings were justified, 100%.  But there was zero good refereeing from Clancy 

I haven’t read the rest of the thread but it was a sticky/ stuffy match. Hearts were poor in first hour of the game. I sit behind the goal and was amazed how Hearts defence went missing when Kyogo scored. Well taken goal though.

Hearts definitely improved with their subs and their team looked stronger but without much real direct threat up front.

It was a good enough match, I prefer competitive games rather than 4,5-0 drubbings and I’m surprised Hearts were so meek in first half as they should be more confident when playing Celtic and Rangers.

I’ll take the 3 points and move on. Good weekend  for results.

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

McGregor on Haring, if we're booking players for what Clancy was.  O'Reilly committed about 5 and didn't even merit a word.  Boyce got a farcical booking for time wasting.

Some of the Hearts bookings were justified, 100%.  But there was zero good refereeing from Clancy 

Cap doffed to the ref for finally doing so. 

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

After 20 minutes...

Yeah, am talking in general.  He done it about 3 times in the derby then went down with fake cramp when he wasnt falling over. 

Massive cheat is Boyce.  Hoof, go down foul set piece repeat. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yeah, am talking in general.  He done it about 3 times in the derby then went down with fake cramp when he wasnt falling over. 

Massive cheat is Boyce.  Hoof, go down foul set piece repeat. 

I mean your best player is the biggest cheat in Scotland

14 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

After 20 minutes...

Your keeper was taking an age over goal kicks in the first half as well.

From my angle in the stadium, it looked like a stupid act and I'd be disappointed if one of our experienced players did the same.

18 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Your keeper was taking an age over goal kicks in the first half as well.

From my angle in the stadium, it looked like a stupid act and I'd be disappointed if one of our experienced players did the same.

Sure your view would change 1 down away to PSG or City.  Similar levels of gulf of ££.