Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

For the 2nd time in as many posts i haven’t suggested Celtic doing well in the CL will improve the TV deal. Do i need to do you a paint by numbers version?

Fair enough. Misread that one. You're still havering though.

And I understand why. If you invest time, energy, and money in supporting a football team, you'd probably need to be in a state of denial about how much of a waste of time most of their games are.

It must be rubbish not really being able to join in with everyone else. I mean, nobody really cares about playing you any more.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

For the 2nd time in as many posts i haven’t suggested Celtic doing well in the CL will improve the TV deal. Do i need to do you a paint by numbers version?

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

So just being a bit cunty then. 🤣

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair enough. Misread that one. You're still havering though.

And I understand why. If you invest time, energy, and money in supporting a football team, you'd probably need to be in a state of denial about how much of a waste of time most of their games are.

It must be rubbish not really being able to join in with everyone else. I mean, nobody really cares about playing you any more.

No mate you don’t understand why because you haven’t nor likely ever will experience what i have as a football fan.

I could say the same and say it must be shite to win next to f**k all year in and year out but that isn’t my reality and it would be churlish to suggest it because that means something to you and that is absolutely fine, but what i do see is a completely disproportionate amount of time being spent by people trying to convince Celtic fans about how meaningless it is, it’s almost as if it does mean something after all l.

And if i wasn’t happy spending the money because it was rubbish then i wouldn’t and i’d just go spend more money at being shit at golf but i don’t so read into that what you will but you will probably just ask me again how this improves the TV deal

Edited by Jinky67

43 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A better TV deal for our league distributed equally would see clubs get more money that wouldn’t limit what Celtic or Rangers can do in Europe or make clubs dependant on Celtic or Rangers doing well in Europe. It may even help some other clubs get into the group stages

This theory doesn’t work though. Let’s use some simple numbers. The tv deal is about £25m a year, yes? Let’s say hypothetically that is split equally 12 ways. That’s just over £2m in revenue to each club. 

Celtic are receiving around £30m just for entering the CL, so for the tv deal to match this then it would need to be £375m a year to give each club a £30m split. Now I know we’re being shortchanged by sky sports but I think that’s maybe far fetched. 

Then there’s the increased sponsorship that comes with the champions league, the increased gate receipts, the increased sponsorship in domestic football from the fact you’re on tv every other week. The massively increased fan base, the increased merchandise sales that come with that. 

No club in Scotland can ever organically get themselves to this level. It will not happen. So for the league to be competitive you either a) get rid of the two clubs distorting it (I actually don’t support this, I’d fucking love to be able beat you both) or b) find a way to re-distribute wealth being funnelled to two clubs. There is no other way. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This theory doesn’t work though. Let’s use some simple numbers. The tv deal is about £25m a year, yes? Let’s say hypothetically that is split equally 12 ways. That’s just over £2m in revenue to each club. 

Celtic are receiving around £30m just for entering the CL, so for the tv deal to match this then it would need to be £375m a year to give each club a £30m split. Now I know we’re being shortchanged by sky sports but I think that’s maybe far fetched. 

Then there’s the increased sponsorship that comes with the champions league, the increased gate receipts, the increased sponsorship in domestic football from the fact you’re on tv every other week. The massively increased fan base, the increased merchandise sales that come with that. 

No club in Scotland can ever organically get themselves to this level. It will not happen. So for the league to be competitive you either a) get rid of the two clubs distorting it (I actually don’t support this, I’d fucking love to be able beat you both) or b) find a way to re-distribute wealth being funnelled to two clubs. There is no other way. 

Want it more...

Football knowledge...

Ambition...

Investment...

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Vinny Guerin has the Celtic bhoys on toast here.

Oooft...best watch out. You may be answered by a triumphalist meme from one of them...I'm given to understand this means something but unsure what.

52 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Need to pick someone else from your random poster generator, he’s havin a mare

The best bit was when the bold Vinny admitted to not understanding a question 3 times.

A real toast making master class.