Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

17 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

That’s a bit ignorant 

Meh. Is what it is. I’m not particularly looking forward to the game, for the reasons I’ve already given. Some Killie supporting fanny being wide about it, is bound to get a harsh reply. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Deila was probably the most important manager during the 9iar,he developed the squad while winning 3 trophies in two season plus gave Rodgers a platform to move forward.

So when were Celtic last 'shite'? You have literally won 16 titles in the 22 full seasons that have taken place since the new millennium.

Celtic 4 Hearts 0. Celtic with 70%+ possession.

The Scottish media are trying to make this out to be a tough game for Celtic but if any of them bothered to do any research they’d realise it’s not. Hearts haven’t won at Celtic Park since 2009. 

The media done the same when Celtic visited Dingwall recently. A tough place to visit. Not if you are Celtic it’s not who’ve lost 1 game in 28 there.

Celtic will win the league by miles this season.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Scottish media are trying to make this out to be a tough game for Celtic but if any of them bothered to do any research they’d realise it’s not. Hearts haven’t won at Celtic Park since 2009. 

The media done the same when Celtic visited Dingwall recently. A tough place to visit. Not if you are Celtic it’s not who’ve lost 1 game in 28 there.

Sadly, all true. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Celtic dropped 21 points last season most of them came at the start with Ange still building his squad,now that the squad is in place we should be looking at the bar Rodgers set of just 8 points,yet we all know that was a one off wee man. 

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic dropped 21 points last season most of them came at the start with Ange still building his squad,now that the squad is in place we should be looking at the bar Rodgers set of just 8 points,yet we all know that was a one off wee man. 

I don’t think what your are suggesting is that’ unrealistic tbh. In most European leagues, unbeaten seasons are fairly rare. In our league there has been 2 in the last 5 seasons so another one won’t be that much of a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think what your are suggesting is that’ unrealistic tbh. In most European leagues, unbeaten seasons are fairly rare. In our league there has been 2 in the last 5 seasons so another one won’t be that much of a surprise.

Points will be dropped wee man even in the best seasons,we all know it's about consistency and winning mentality I think it was the two thistles that took points off Celtic in 2016-17 not sure who else?
You can drop points in maybe 8-10 games and still win the league. 

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Points will be dropped wee man even in the best seasons,we all know it's about consistency and winning mentality I think it was the two thistles that took points off Celtic in 2016-17 not sure who else?
You can drop points in maybe 8-10 games and still win the league. 

I agree points will be dropped all I’m saying is an unbeaten season in the Scottish Premiership is neither as rare or as remarkable as it is in other European leagues.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree points will be dropped all I’m saying is an unbeaten season in the Scottish Premiership is neither as rare or as remarkable as it is in other European leagues.

I know Lennon came close one season and MO'N but I don't remember any one else wee man so would still say it's pretty rare M8.