Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Way too early to say that, to be fair. We've got a huge amount of fixture congestion ahead that the likes of Hibs, United, and Aberdeen do not need to worry about.

We'll have to be considerably better than the pack to finish third. Could quite conceivably be pipped by an inferior team with a lighter schedule.

I reckon Hearts are still a shoe in for third, even with European football. 

4th 5th 6th is where the battle is at.

I’d also say it looks like most of the league has went out and strengthened well, but then Aberdeen looked like they had too…

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Way too early to say that, to be fair. We've got a huge amount of fixture congestion ahead that the likes of Hibs, United, and Aberdeen do not need to worry about.

We'll have to be considerably better than the pack to finish third. Could quite conceivably be pipped by an inferior team with a lighter schedule.

Yeah as soon as I posted it I thought it was a bit early. Although I'd not be in the least surprised if the team in 3rd has zero points against the artists formerly known as the OF. 

Also I'd add Livi to your list. 

In place of Hibs. 

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yeah as soon as I posted it I thought it was a bit early. Although I'd not be in the least surprised if the team in 3rd has zero points against the artists formerly known as the OF. 

Also I'd add Livi to your list. 

In place of Hibs. 

Yeah. There'll be others and the season never pans out quite as expected.

I'd expect with what they've spent Aberdeen will pull themselves together eventually, and this is a great chance for them to just go weekend to weekend and finish third.

5 minutes ago, stressball said:

I reckon Hearts are still a shoe in for third, even with European football. 

4th 5th 6th is where the battle is at.

I’d also say it looks like most of the league has went out and strengthened well, but then Aberdeen looked like they had too…

I wouldn't say anything like that.

I think with no European football I'd be very confident. But the demands of playing 1o midweeks from now till the World Cup are huge on a squad.

In October, for example, we play the Old Firm both at home, we play Killie, Aberdeen, and County away, and we play three European games. That's very tough for any non-OF squad. We'll pick up injuries and general fatigue without doubt.

Considering there are at least two clubs with wage budgets similar to or maybe (in Aberdeen's case) better than ours, and that nobody else will have our schedule, I think it'll take a big effort for Hearts to be third again. Not out of the question, but far from a done deal.

4 hours ago, ArtemisClydeFrog said:

A routine Celtic victory. 

Hearts are fucking rotten and I expect - and hope - their next three results to reflect this. 

Less patronising, at least.

Take a 3-0 defeat and move on with all our lives.

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

It truly warms my heart to hear fans of the mighty jam tarts have resigned themselves to a routine scudding each time they visit the champions.

Playing celtics 12 men is a huge task for any team tbf.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

See mcgregor fancies a crack at Real Madrid 😂😂😂.  

Here’s what he actually said 

“We’ve played quite a few big teams but probably the one most of the Celtic fans would like is Real Madrid. I’ve not played against them yet but we know anybody we get drawn against will be a top team and a big challenge for us.”

11 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

It truly warms my heart to hear fans of the mighty jam tarts have resigned themselves to a routine scudding each time they visit the champions.

Just a sad reflection of a league where two teams have many multiples the budget of their competition, really. Two teams who have used sectarian hatred to swell their coffers via the bank accounts of bigots up and down the country. 

Great that you enjoy it though. 😄

13 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Another meaningless scudding from the meaningless champions in a meaningless league. That's what people have woken up to. That's the reality. Embrace it !

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Another meaningless scudding from the meaningless champions in a meaningless league. That's what people have woken up to. That's the reality. Embrace it !

If you have to keep constantly repeating stuff like this, I think it’s really only yourself you are really trying to convince tbh.

Also yes our league may be massively flawed but it’s certainly not meaningless, PnB shows that every day alone.

Anyway back to game I was a tad  nervous about this one but given Hearts are playing today and we haven’t had a midweek game is a massive plus for me.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If you have to keep constantly repeating stuff like this, I think it’s really only yourself you are really trying to convince tbh.

Also yes our league may be massively flawed but it’s certainly not meaningless, PnB shows that every day alone.

Anyway back to game I was a tad  nervous about this one but given Hearts are playing today and we haven’t had a midweek game is a massive plus for me.

No, what P&B shows every day is that Scottish football is very meaningful to an awful lot of people and that the club they love is very important to them.  But what is now increasingly recognised by the vast majority of football fans who don't support either of the Glasgow sectarian clubs, is that our top flight league is meaningless.  It is tedious, predictable and has to change. Sadly I doubt it ever will. 

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That’s the spirit guys, it’s all about budgets. 

Well i mean over 38 games it clearly is.

The strong likelihood is we'll lose this.  While I'm sure all the Celtic fans who hate Hearts will want to think that'll be some sort of devastating blow, the sad fact is we've reached the point in the cycle again where both halfs of the OF are competent, so opposition fans are resigned to it being a one sided affair which there's very little point investing much hope in.  Great if we win,but even if we do we'll finish miles behind you.  Take what pleasure you can from it but don't expect anyone else to care.

I'd take a 5 nil loss at Celtic Park for a 1 nil win in both legs over Zurich without blinking

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I must say I did notice that in the cup final when sevconia had a midweek game in the lead to it. 😂😂😂

nervous aye so ye are👍

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Well i mean over 38 games it clearly is.

The strong likelihood is we'll lose this.  While I'm sure all the Celtic fans who hate Hearts will want to think that'll be some sort of devastating blow, the sad fact is we've reached the point in the cycle again where both halfs of the OF are competent, so opposition fans are resigned to it being a one sided affair which there's very little point investing much hope in.  Great if we win,but even if we do we'll finish miles behind you.  Take what pleasure you can from it but don't expect anyone else to care.

I'd take a 5 nil loss at Celtic Park for a 1 nil win in both legs over Zurich without blinking

I remember in the past you'd go to Parkhead as underdogs but feeling that you had a swing at it, and getting beat would hurt. And a heavy defeat would really sting.

Now I just don't fucking care. It's basically irrelevant to our season.