Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

Controversial maybe, but while I care more about the Zurich games, they aren't actually a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. Finishing 3rd again is far more important than winning that tie.

That said, we've no chance of getting anything here so I'm on board with the reserves plan.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just admit the pat on the head you’re giving hearts is for you, not for them. 

No i’m giving Hearts a pat on the head as they have started well, their result yesterday is testament to that. If we were playing someone else like Aberdeen then that would definitely make your point a valid one since they have been utter shite 

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You have to think that. So, fair play to you.

Enjoy.

No i don’t have to, it really is just as easy to suggest we roll over the top of you however i don’t think we will and will be tighter than that so i guess we will see who is right. But if it helps you to believe otherwise then crack on, we both leave the convo happy, it’s a win win 😉

Edited by Jinky67

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No i’m giving Hearts a pat on the head as they have started well, their result yesterday is testament to that. If we were playing someone else like Aberdeen then that would definitely make your point a valid one since they have been utter shite 

Look man, there’s lines you don’t cross and ‘I’d be confident of beating Aberdeen at parkhead’ isn’t one of them. Shame on you. 

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You've got a squad of players that's worth tens of millions. You've got a wage-bill that absolutely dwarfs ours (and at least two of our better players are 100% out). You're at home. We are playing in Switzerland on the Thursday before.

Celtic will absolutely skoosh this. Old Firm fans' desperation to make their easy wins seem in any way meaningful is very entertaining, but you must know deep down that it's garbage.

Paying to watch pish like this is a mug's game.

Mind that time tranny brenda complained when PSG pumped them 7-1.

😀 only to be told you enjoy the same levels domestically!

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You've got a squad of players that's worth tens of millions. You've got a wage-bill that absolutely dwarfs ours (and at least two of our better players are 100% out). You're at home. We are playing in Switzerland on the Thursday before.

Celtic will absolutely skoosh this. Old Firm fans' desperation to make their easy wins seem in any way meaningful is very entertaining, but you must know deep down that it's garbage.

Paying to watch pish like this is a mug's game.

Saved me the bother. As ever, these mugs are fooling no-one.

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Controversial maybe, but while I care more about the Zurich games, they aren't actually a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. Finishing 3rd again is far more important than winning that tie.

That said, we've no chance of getting anything here so I'm on board with the reserves plan.

Is there any point in finishing third if you are going to give up on European games?

52 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

If we win I’m looking forward to @IrishBhoy and others tell us how we are actually wrong to celebrate, how we really should be bored and most importantly how he wants to bottle children 

I dont think he was being serious when saying that. 

A bit like when you boys sing songs about joining the IRA not sure if you actually want to sniper or bomb the TAs. 

16 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I dont think he was being serious when saying that. 

A bit like when you boys sing songs about joining the IRA not sure if you actually want to sniper or bomb the TAs. 

Oh he was very serious about it

It wasn’t just some off the cuff remark, he took a great deal of pleasure telling us how he would celebrating assaulting children at a football game 

19 hours ago, DC92 said:

This might be even more controversial, but given the way the league has started I'd not expect Hearts to need any points off either cheek to finish 3rd this year. 

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

This might be even more controversial, but given the way the league has started I'd not expect Hearts to need any points off either cheek to finish 3rd this year. 

Way too early to say that, to be fair. We've got a huge amount of fixture congestion ahead that the likes of Hibs, United, and Aberdeen do not need to worry about.

We'll have to be considerably better than the pack to finish third. Could quite conceivably be pipped by an inferior team with a lighter schedule.