Peterhead v Queens

11 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

A fine 4-1 win away from home and Queens still can’t please certain people….. 

Aye its a fine 4-1 win away from home and I'm chuffed to bits with that.  I just wanted to get some more feedback from someone who was actually at the game and not just sat watching BBC match statistics like the rest of us.  Don't know how you figured I'm not pleased with the result ...

36 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm sure its painful at the moment but was it a case of Peterhead being woeful or Queens being "decent", or a bit of both?

I’d say a bit of both. Whilst Peterhead did you plenty of favours by not being able to keep a hold of the ball, when Queens did have possession they knocked it about quite nicely and created a fair few chances. They strolled that second half and you could see the gap in quality and fitness between the full and part-time teams. Was impressed by your No. 8 in particular.

2 minutes ago, bluetoonscotty said:

I’d say a bit of both. Whilst Peterhead did you plenty of favours by not being able to keep a hold of the ball, when Queens did have possession they knocked it about quite nicely and created a fair few chances. They strolled that second half and you could see the gap in quality and fitness between the full and part-time teams. Was impressed by your No. 8 in particular.

Cheers for the feedback.  That would be Josh Todd at No.8 I think - decent midfielder on his day.

A fine 4-1 win for us kicks off the start of three weeks off for me. The cherry on top of the cake. 

It is good to get back to wining ways. Hopefully, we can now kick on and string a run of victories together. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye its a fine 4-1 win away from home and I'm chuffed to bits with that.  I just wanted to get some more feedback from someone who was actually at the game and not just sat watching BBC match statistics like the rest of us.  Don't know how you figured I'm not pleased with the result ...

We were slow out of the blocks, perhaps reflecting a new formation, lost a cheap goal after 2 mins and took about 15 - 20 mins to settle into the game. Thereafter we dominated it. 

The tireless Reilly was unlucky to see a powerful header tipped onto the bar. 

Todd scored a worldy side-footing into top corner off the post from about 25 yards after Murray caught everyone off guard cutting a free kick directly back to him.

Murray got a 2nd from perhaps even further out just before half time.

2nd half we were in control but suffered a blow when Iain Wilson turned his ankle badly and had to be carried off. He left on crutches. Calvin McGrory made his own comeback in replacing him. 

Paton finished the contest hammering home into the roof of the net from close range after great set up work by Reilly. 

Morrison also had to be helped off after landing heavily on his back before Murray curled a direct free kick over the wall with the last kick. Thought keeper reacted slowly to that but 4 was the least we deserved and on 2nd half we may have had one or two more.

We were slow out of the blocks, perhaps reflecting a new formation, lost a cheap goal after 2 mins and took about 15 - 20 mins to settle into the game. Thereafter we dominated it. 
Todd scored a worldy side-footing into top corner off the post from about 25 yards after Murray caught everyone off guard cutting a free kick directly back to him.
2nd half we were in control but suffered a blow when Iain Wilson turned his ankle badly and had to be carried off. He left on crutches. Calvin McGrory made his own comeback in replacing him. 
Paton finished the contest hammering home into the roof of the net from close range after great set up work by Reilly. 
Morrison also had to be helped off after landing heavily on his back before Murray curled a direct free kick over the wall with the last kick. Thought keeper reacted slowly to that but 4 was the least we deserved and on 2nd half we may have had one or two more.
What was the formation?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What was the formation?

4-4-2. But I accept we played it 2nd half last week if thats what you were going to say. Maybe we just werent very good till we gave ourselves a shake. 

A number of attacking players played well including Murray with 2 goals and an assist but I thought Josh Todd was excellent exactly when we needed someone to be. He particularly with assistance from Wilson picked the levels up after that bad start. Man of the match for me. 

4-4-2. But I accept we played it 2nd half last week if thats what you were going to say. Maybe we just werent very good till we gave ourselves a shake. 
A number of attacking players played well including Murray with 2 goals and an assist but I thought Josh Todd was excellent exactly when we needed someone to be. He particularly with assistance from Wilson picked the levels up after that bad start. Man of the match for me. 

Nah I wasn't going to say anything, it's just that with the little information available today I wasn't sure what we went with. Glad to hear it was 442 though and hopefully WG sticks with it for the foreseeable.

Todd coming off the bench last week showed what a big player he is for us. Hopefully he stays fit all season as well.

Just came home and watching Bournemouth v Arsenal it was like deja vu one team knocking the ball at will & the other rarely getting into the opposition half. Scored a good goal today then given a lesson on how to play the game. If we cannot play ourselves we need to find a way to stop other teams.

Edited by peternapper

Well done to QoS.  The gap in quality was so visible today.

We have no shape and our defending is woeful.  As much as our keeper has been brilliant so far this year, he surely has to be disappointed with the goal direct from the free kick.   It wasn't that powerfully hit but poor positioning seen him fail to get across to keep it out.

Some of the QoS passing today was really good and once Todd scored, he ran the game for the next 30/40 mins before the subs changed the shape of the game.

Looked like a few injuries for both teams today but hopefully nothing major.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really good win that is more like it  

Thanks for the summary of the game .

News on Wilson injury is not good 

Edited by Greenacres

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Well done to QoS.  The gap in quality was so visible today.

We have no shape and our defending is woeful.  As much as our keeper has been brilliant so far this year, he surely has to be disappointed with the goal direct from the free kick.   It wasn't that powerfully hit but poor positioning seen him fail to get across to keep it out.

Some of the QoS passing today was really good and once Todd scored, he ran the game for the next 30/40 mins before the subs changed the shape of the game.

Looked like a few injuries for both teams today but hopefully nothing major.

Which goal was from the direct free kick?