Peterhead v Queens

Had hoped to head up to this - worked in Peterhead for a couple of years (81/82) on the original power station and not been back since.  Now domestic management has announced that it clashes with a must-attend event.  Apologies in advance Loons; one less in the gate.

Peterhead appear to be having the tough start that many predicted and have struggled building their squad for the season.  Think I'm right in saying that they've brought in a few loans recently so maybe their squad is getting nearer to what they want now - hoping they don't turn the corner on Saturday, but Queens are usually good at providing such an opportunity.

We are hardly setting the heather on fire either.  Hopeless in the first half on Saturday but much improved in the second half with a better shape.  Getting key players back to full fitness now should be helping and I'm hoping that wee Connelly will have cleared his suspension for this one.  Would like to see McKechnie keeping his place after an impressive showing on Saturday.

Great chance for QOS to notch up our first win here ... I really should have said that, should I ...?  🙄

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Enough about Forfar, can you make it to this game? emoji14.png

Ooops.  Aye, shit I forgot about Forfar being "The Loons".  When I worked up in Peterhead, lads and lassies were either Loons or Quines in the local Buchan parlance ...

Cheers.

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Ooops.  Aye, shit I forgot about Forfar being "The Loons".  When I worked up in Peterhead, lads and lassies were either Loons or Quines in the local Buchan parlance ...

Cheers.

Unless they were from the Broch they were Puddle Stinkers 🤣

7 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Unless they were from the Broch they were Puddle Stinkers 🤣

To be fair I never ventured as far north as the Broch - nearest I got was Crichie, Mintlaw and Strichen!

This game is far too close to being a must win for us than it should be at this early stage of the season. As I said a few weeks ago we need to show that Clyde at home was an aberration.

Glass Half Full
A flat back four, with more players back up to full fitness and 90 minutes like the second half last week will lead to a solid win this weekend. After decent draws with Mo and Airdrie that gets us heading in the right direction (if not necessarily fully on track)

Glass Half Empty
Fail to win and it piles more pressure on getting results from Falkirk (A), Dunfermline (H) the next two after this 😬  and leaves us heading to Kelty mid-September still winless and probably bottom of the league!

If Todd, Wilson, Connelly and Reilly start tomorrow I'll be quietly confident of a win. We got lucky in the first half against Airdrie that they never used their pressure to their advantage. The defence did well to keep them out IMO bit many more midfield performances like that and it'll be a long season.

For the love of god, WG has to see sense that we can't play a back 3 and needs to get us a settled back 4. East at LB for me and Gibson at RB would make us instantly a lot stronger at the back but I can't see both those things happening.

Connelly, for all his stupidity has to come right back in. We should be not far off our strongest 11 tomorrow so there can't be any more excuses. Hopefully our first 3 points of the season and we push on from here.