Accies vs Raith, 20/8/22

Turn the dial slightly on the quality of the Rovers finishing and that ends up six or seven. 

On the one hand, that's a bit of a concern because you shouldn't have to create a dozen chances just to get a 2-0 win against a poor side, but on the other hand, it's a young side still coming together, and they're not a million miles away from looking pretty decent. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Turn the dial slightly on the quality of the Rovers finishing and that ends up six or seven. 

On the one hand, that's a bit of a concern because you shouldn't have to create a dozen chances just to get a 2-0 win against a poor side, but on the other hand, it's a young side still coming together, and they're not a million miles away from looking pretty decent. 

Nolan and O'Riordan looking better by the week (or the opposition strikers are getting worse)

56 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We've had two more good chances since half time. The stench of the equaliser is palpable. 

Surely they have to do something going forward for that stench to even exist. Hamilton were toothless for the whole game, other than their forward winning in the air to no benefit they didn't do a thing. 

We were guilty of wrong decisions, shooting when we should cross was the biggest one. Still, some good football and a lot of effort. 

Tbh that wasn't any worse than our other three league performances this season but we were still deservedly beaten. Shows how those games could've swung, or how one bit of quality/right decision at 0-1 could've made today look a bit better.

We were good for the first half and hour of the second half yet Raith had two or three good chances in that period while we struggled to get anything away despite doing quite well in possession. Just a lack of natural, quality forwards in the right positions (or inexperienced/out of form). There was a wee spell where it looked like we'd sussed Raith's direct attacks and were happy to leave Easton and O'Reilly to deal with them, however their form this season has hardly inspired faith.

When Ellis Brown is one of two subs then your goose is cooked.

Listened to the commentary on Raith TV and it sounded pretty much like the perfect away performance.

Took (a couple of) our chances, defended stoutly and managed the game pretty well.

I'd imagine next Saturday might be a stiffer test, but have to be delighted considering where we were a fortnight ago.

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Listened to the commentary on Raith TV and it sounded pretty much like the perfect away performance.

Took (a couple of) our chances, defended stoutly and managed the game pretty well.

I'd imagine next Saturday might be a stiffer test, but have to be delighted considering where we were a fortnight ago.

With Partick away next week,  and then ICT the week after, getting 6 points from the last couple of matches is massive. Takes some pressure off and gives us a bit of breathing space. 

22 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Could have written an almost carbon copy of this after every Ayr game this season. Today was classic Ayr. 21 shots, 8 on target, 2 goals. Lose a penalty goal in injury time, which fortunately was almost the last kick of the game. So 2-1 in a game which could easily have been 6 or 7 nil. Have to get a finisher, but thin on the ground.

Scratching my head here , Fans not happy because Hamilton aren’t very good and on par with Morton we creating chances but not scoring them , We won 3 points and a clean sheet who cares!

The Rovers team are still not the finished article and up until today Accies were unbeaten in 3 games, I watched the spfl stream and Rovers looked decent and created a lot of chances but as everyone knows along with the manager  we need another striker but sadly no point any signing any old shirt filler is it , The  fans need to be patience even at the Dundee game me and my mates said there’s a decent team in there just needs a couple of quality players added , also add Vaughan , spencer , Lang and Mathews in the mix we will be there or there about s 

Edited by basher brash

50 minutes ago, renton said:

Nolan and O'Riordan looking better by the week (or the opposition strikers are getting worse)

Hoping like hell that We can keep O’Riorden for the whole season, but with Lang due back, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him happily back h9me after Christmas with some excellent experience under his belt. The kid looks to be the genuine item, don’t suppose we could afford him, eh?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Hoping like hell that We can keep O’Riorden for the whole season, but with Lang due back, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him happily back h9me after Christmas with some excellent experience under his belt. The kid looks to be the genuine item, don’t suppose we could afford him, eh?

Aye, though at this point, some praise for Nolan who's looked better game on game.

Well, that was as an assured away performance you could hope for. Better side throughout, Hamilton got a wee bit of a lift from us messing up a series of simple cut backs but can’t really recall many, if any, saves thy MacDonald had to make. Gullan did really well, took his goal well and I hope that gives him a lift. Easton MoM for me - superb performance. Calm, assured, never panics, takes the ball in any position. Brown going off rocked us a wee bit but Hamilton being toilet eased any worries. Brown actually very important for us, didn’t expect it at all when he signed. 

Terrible referee again. Hamilton number 3 as bad a player as I’ve seen in the Championship. Thistle away next week a sterner test. 

Two weeks on the trot we’ve absolutely terrible referee’s. Bonus again was the fact he never sent off any of our players, as I feared either Stanton or Connelly would be given marching orders, due to their constant harrying of the opposition. 

Good performance away from home against quite a poor Hamilton team. Defence getting better ever game. Hopefully Brown not too bad, he walked off the park which was a good sign. But seemed to twist something when overreaching a pass in the centre circle.

Final product I thought was pretty disappointing, but couple of goals that were all that was required really. When we went 2-0 the game was won, as Hamilton offered very little attacking threat apart from a couple of corners near the end. Reduced them to crosses into the box and long shots. Think Macdonald made one key save from their striker in the first half and that was about it. 

Dylan Easton ran the show, when he’s on it, we tick and some of the passing on show was a joy to watch from the majority of the team. Stanton did well again, especially with Brown going off and having to sit deeper. That run he went on skinning half the Accies team was brilliant. 😂

Pleased for Gullan to get his first league goal of the season. Hopefully he can start banging them in now. Connell just young and a bit raw, but definitely has something about him. Should have buried the chance he had tho, knew what he was trying to do, but their Keeper made a good stop. He had quite a few decent saves actually. 

Great 3 points to set us up for next week at Firhill. 

2 hours ago, renton said:

Aye, though at this point, some praise for Nolan who's looked better game on game.

Nolan, who we own…just noting that O’Riorden is a loanee, and as good as he’s looked, if Lang stays on track, I can’t see him staying to potentially ride the pine.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Haven't got much more to add but fair play to Millen today. He looked a different player to the one we saw against Dundee.

Aye, that was weird. Almost a different player!

Nolan, who we own…just noting that O’Riorden is a loanee, and as good as he’s looked, if Lang stays on track, I can’t see him staying to potentially ride the pine.

If O’Riordan stays looking as good and as sharp as he does at the minute. Then he won’t “potentially be riding the pine” at all.

Lang would be warming the bench or even Nolan.