Accies vs Raith, 20/8/22

That could have been whatever Raith wanted today streets ahead of us. However, to not even challenge Macdonald is embarrassing.

Dylan Easton was the best player on the park he’ll have Raith challenging for the play offs.

Dreadful from us, Fulton the only one to get pass marks for keeping it respectable. Ngandu looked lively again in his fleeting minutes willing to take the ball down and drive with it or try and find a pass can’t be far away from him displacing Mimnaugh.

I still struggle to believe Ellis Brown is a professional footballer so so bad.

Jamie Hamilton’s fitness regime needs expedited and him fired into this team the defence is abysmal. 

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Defended well, looked assured in possession and took one if our many chances.

The 2 Centre backs played very, very well today.  Absolutely strolled it. 

Davie Hancock and Jim Clark made a good point in commentary today - the combined age of the two new centre halves is only one year more than Christophe Berra.

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Davie Hancock and Jim Clark made a good point in commentary today - the combined age of the two new centre halves is only one year more than Christophe Berra.

They're not though. Nolan (23) and O'Riordan (18) are 4 years older combined than Christophe Berra (37). Still a great stat though. If we can keep O'Riordan all season it'll be a major coup for IM. The kid is just so composed for his age. Add Lang to these two and our CB worries from a few weeks back will be long gone.

Looked good today ….technically gifted players, great to see easy on the eye but my favourite moment…when our centre half just blootered it oot the park…..clear yer lines son, clear yer lines ! It’s what we needed..

12 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

They're not though. Nolan (23) and O'Riordan (18) are 4 years older combined than Christophe Berra (37). Still a great stat though. If we can keep O'Riordan all season it'll be a major coup for IM. The kid is just so composed for his age. Add Lang to these two and our CB worries from a few weeks back will be long gone.

For some reason I thought Nolan was younger than 23.

3 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

If we can keep O'Riordan all season it'll be a major coup for IM. The kid is just so composed for his age. Add Lang to these two and our CB worries from a few weeks back will be long gone.

That’s the problem, I don’t see O’Riorden staying with Lang returning, if Lang is fully recovered. O’Riorden clearly is ready to start at almost any level his home club can play him at (on loan, or at home), and unless they are absolutely overrun with CB’s and have nowhere else that would play him, I expect he will leave in January. And, let’s face it, Crewe isn’t exactly showing a rock solid defence right now, so come January, I’ll bet he starts down there!

Looking up Crewe's squad they have nine defenders listed (exact positions not specified), including O'Reardon. There's a good chance O'Reardon's at the bottom of the pecking order, given that he's been loaned to us, so I would think there's a reasonable chance we might get him for the season. Even with Lang coming back we still need cover at CB.

21 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Looking up Crewe's squad they have nine defenders listed (exact positions not specified), including O'Reardon. There's a good chance O'Reardon's at the bottom of the pecking order, given that he's been loaned to us, so I would think there's a reasonable chance we might get him for the season. Even with Lang coming back we still need cover at CB.

Doubt he is at the bottom of the pecking order given the 11 games he played for them last season in League One. I would imagine he is with us to get regular game time and experience. Hopefully that continues and they let him stay the full season but there is every chance if he continues to impress here and Crewe keep struggling, then there is every chance that Crewe will recall him.

Good performance yesterday from Rovers, the team starting to show the energy and hunger that Murray promised he would deliver. 

Great work effort from Ross, Gullan, Easton and Connolly but a special mention has to go to Sam Stanton who is a Rolls Royce of a player in this vein of form. Defensively we looked sound again with Dick, O'Riordan, Nolan and Millen (who easily had his best game in a Rovers jersey) looking as though they can gel into something more than decent. I feared when Brown limped off that we would lose our bite in midfield but although his presence was missed it wasn't too noticeable.

On a cautionary note like the week before where we played the worst Morton side I've ever seen this good result was not against a great Accies side.  looking at the league so far I don't see the quality in it of recent seasons and that goes for all 10 teams, I suspect that will change once the loanees start appearing at certain clubs (eg Arbroath).

We looked confident and capable, the passing at times was a joy to watch (unless you were an Accies defender, then you didn't even know where the ball had gone to!) and the willingness to get a shot on goal great to see. 

Hopefully we can take this confidence into the game at Firhill, though I suspect the Jags will prove a sterner test than anything we've faced so far. 

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Take it that it was the scumbag heartless fascist leader puppet of the Zieg Heil antiScottish Tory Party?

:P

I think you may confusing him with the Neanderthal Steward supervisor at the away stand entrance, although to be fair I don't think he was a Tory party member.....I suppose he could be though!

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Take it that it was the scumbag heartless fascist leader puppet of the Zieg Heil antiScottish Tory Party?

:P

Cult daft.Not be long till the Pretendy Ref.😂😂😂😂

A few of our young team started singing "fcuk the Tories" while another lot started singing " fcuk the SNP".

Political nonsense has no place in a stadium as folk go to football to get away from that pish.

Fwiw,they are all turds of varying degrees whatever the Party.

Cult daft.Not be long till the Pretendy Ref.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A few of our young team started singing "fcuk the Tories" while another lot started singing " fcuk the SNP".
Political nonsense has no place in a stadium as folk go to football to get away from that pish.

Wasn't the pretendy ref running the line yesterday?

13 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Is it too much trouble to look up a player's name and spell it correctly?

Connor O'Riordan - Wikipedia

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He was, but he chickened out of inspecting the net in front of our stand at the start and ran away to the far end. He also didn't run the line closest to the away support.

17 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:
Cult daft.Not be long till the Pretendy Ref.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

He is a linesman and not a ref anyway, you're not allowed to be both at that level as far as I recall. He was as far from the Raith fans. Still didn't stop a few of them calling all of the officials a Tory anyway. 

He is a linesman and not a ref anyway, you're not allowed to be both at that level as far as I recall. He was as far from the Raith fans. Still didn't stop a few of them calling all of the officials a Tory anyway. 
Are they not all technically referee's but some can only be an actual referee at certain levels depending on experience etc? I know the rovers fan who's a ref can referee at lower levels but only run the line at higher levels, or at least that was the case last time I spoke to him.