Accies vs Raith, 20/8/22

18 minutes ago, Madddd said:

Any streams for this...

I

Viprow.net showing links for it however if they work won't know til kick off. Have a good virus scanner as well 😜

Edit: stream I've found is working. Result.

Edited by Raithie

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Scott Brown going off could be huge. It really unbalanced that midfield and puts a huge onus back on Stanton. 

Very interesting that Murray's gone for Connell, though. Could've chosen to be much more (small C, Douglas) conservative. 

Looked like Ross was pretty much playing up front alongside Gullan, so I'm guessing Connell will just take up the role Ross was playing and everybody else drops back one with Stanton having to fill the Brown role.

Although I wouldn't know as my stream has decided to restart from the warmups.  

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Scott Brown going off could be huge. It really unbalanced that midfield and puts a huge onus back on Stanton. 

Very interesting that Murray's gone for Connell, though. Could've chosen to be much more (small C, Douglas) conservative. 

The anus is indeed on Stanton, something I suspect we will rue. On th either hand, there was no other palatable option on the bench…although I guess Arnott (who is as pure an AM as you see), out of position, might have been a shout.

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Looked like Ross was pretty much playing up front alongside Gullan, so I'm guessing Connell will just take up the role Ross was playing and everybody else drops back one with Stanton having to fill the Brown role.

Although I wouldn't know as my stream has decided to restart from the warmups.  

If anything it looks like Connell's gone into Gullan's role and everyone has dropped back one, but aye, you're spot on from there. 

We really should have scored at least one more by now, we've had the chances. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Losing Brown is an absolute b*****d, hopefully it's not too serious because we're still a few weeks away from spencer or Matthews and Stanton has shown he can't fill that role. 

Let’s see if Agnew gets a call next week if Brown is out…Spencer is at least two weeks out from spot duty and three or four from a start unless he’s a physical freak.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Updates suggest we’re under the cosh now, anyone viewing (directly or remotely) care to comment?

I wouldn't say under the cosh, but there's definitely more encouragement for Hamilton in the middle of the park than there was before Brown went off. They've not done more than win a couple of corners and freekicks, but they'll continue to get these wee half chances. 

Even during Accies' best spell, Dylan Easton still came closest, dancing through the defence and curling one just wide. 

Raith comfortably the better team and missed a sitter at the end of the half.

Accies huffing and puffing with zero creativity. Smith and Mimnaugh have been woeful. Heard the rumour about Smith to Dundee is nonsense.