Accies vs Raith, 20/8/22

A battle of the stumbling sides, with the Accies on track for 36 points, and the Rovers finally scoring after 5 scoreless half’s. Not really sure what to expect here, Murray likely to keep the same side as last week, so the question will be which half will they emulate. The Accies drew a Morton side that Raith finally overcame, but also have gained points versus tougher looking Partick and Ayr, while Raith shite the bed versus Cove and Looked confused versus Dundee. Honestly, I’ll go for a 1-1 draw.

Do raith still have just 1 centre half in their squad? If so I’d fancy our chances for a 1-1 victory.

Nah, after Berra left, We signed Ryan Nolan permanent and Connor O’Riordan on loan.

Ryan Nolan is getting better every week.

O’Riordan, for being 18yr old, looks like he’s been playing professionally for about 15 years. Unreal. IMO anyway.

Rankinball has turned out to be chaos so far, with three pretty fun but very stressful league matches. Saturday was the best we've used the midfield, but that resulted in Ayr constantly bearing down on the two CBs which they handled really poorly. If Rankin can set the team up to protect them more then I'd just go with the same team. Smith's performances merit a place on the bench but he's capable of playing that role better than the alternatives so I'd stick with him and hope he improves.

Suspecting we'll get a harder game at Accies this time round in comparison to the two games last season which were the easiest 6 points we probably got throughout the whole campaign. 

Edited by Raithie

Another key game as I suspect ourselves and Accies are going to have similar seasons to each other. 

We finally scored last week, and we enjoyed it so much we then did it again. Conceded as well, naturally, but most importantly we saw it out and got the three points. One of the biggest issues last season was the throwing away of points from winning positions, so holding out was good to see. There are still clear issues up front, but we can take confidence from Saturday and hopefully the win lifts some of the pressure. 

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Only game 3 of the season but the stakes are high already. The winners will be catapulted into the race for the promotion play offs, while the loser faces the prospect of a long battle to avoid the bottom 2 places. 

Yea, the whole season hinges on this one match...

🙄

This will be viewed as very winnable by both sides and I think both will go for it. Our defence has had a couple of games together and is making good progress all things considered but there will still be mistakes in it and the goal conceded on Saturday to the free kick needs worked on. 

The issue for us is going to be scoring.  

2 hours ago, Tiger Driver said:

Are there parking spaces at New Douglas Park? Read somewhere that the car park is for club officials only. 

I believe that is the case however I had a wander round towards the home end to pick up my ticket (2-0 game) and the car park was basically empty. I ended up parking in some big car park up the road from Morrisons however when walking to the ground there was what looked like a multi storey car park basically at the entrance to the away end. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I believe that is the case however I had a wander round towards the home end to pick up my ticket (2-0 game) and the car park was basically empty. I ended up parking in some big car park up the road from Morrisons however when walking to the ground there was what looked like a multi storey car park basically at the entrance to the away end. 

I seem to recall someone saying that it took ages to get out of the multi at the end of the game and that you're better going to that car park past Morrisons.

Car park at ground you need permit. Underground car park at Morrisons is 1 minute from ground but can be a nightmare to get out of after the game. Best place is Caird Street opposite the bingo - still only 5 min walk to the ground.