Other Women's Leagues Discussion.

Craig fae the Vale

Thought I'd start a thread for discussion of women's leagues outside Scotland. 

Currently watching the American NWSL game between OL Reign (Seattle) and Gotham (New York/New Jersey). NWSL games are all available live and for free on Twitch in the UK, which is pretty good. Reign 4-1 up here with 10 minutes to go in what has been a pretty good game. I follow Reign as my wife is originally from the area, so I have a soft spot for the Seattle teams. 

In Australia the top league is the W-League or since last season the A-League Women aka Liberty A-League. Eleven teams will participate in the 2022/23 season commencing in November. All games are shown live between FTA and streaming through one of Channel 10’s stations or subscription through Paramount+ 

Like the A-League Men there is no promotion or relegation to the level below (NPL).

At NPL level all top division games are streamed live on NPL TV for ACT, NSW, SA, TAS, VIC and WA plus at least one game a week from NNSW. Some lower league games from NSW and VIC are also streamed.  For some reason NPL QLD is not part of NPL Tv but there games are streamed live on YouTube as are all/some games from NPL NT. So every week at NPL level you can watch 30-40 live games free of charge.

https://npl.tv/

In New Zealand the NZ Women’s National League is run similar to the men’s competition with qualifying through regional leagues.  Some regional games are streamed on YouTube and if things are same as last season will be live on the Sky Sport Next YouTube channel.

In The Netherlands, the Women's Eredivisie is a stand-alone league with only (semi-)professional sides. Clubs can apply to join if they match the requirements. This season they've expanded from 9 to 11, FC Twente, Ajax and PSV are full-time. Feyenoord and ADO Den Haag are part-time but are moving closer to full-time. Other teams taking part are Excelsior, PEC Zwolle, SC Heerenveen, vv Alkmaar, Fortuna Sittard and Telstar. The latter 2 are new from this season. The odd ones out are vv Alkmaar, who don't have men's football, AZ women disbanded in 2011 after financial problems and they re-formed separately from AZ. All others are professional sides in the top 2 tiers of men's football.