Tough on crime or tough on the causes of crime?

jagfox

Just checking back on close message and a lassie just let them in without checking. She's wheelchair bound with ME but still at least check/ ask who it is.

Other neighbour then saw a homeless looking guy with a badly bruised face leaving with a suitcase and a backpack and my stuff. Said he was very polite.

What chance have you got!

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Just checking back on close message and a lassie just let them in without checking. She's wheelchair bound with ME but still at least check/ ask who it is.

Other neighbour then saw a homeless looking guy with a badly bruised face leaving with a suitcase and a backpack and my stuff. Said he was very polite.

What chance have you got!

Well at least he'll have some things to start off noo if he lands a cooncil hoose 😛

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

You'd be surprised at how quickly this can be done, by someone who know what they're doing, they'll have the lock out and in the property in a minute or two.

Absolutely, it was something I had to do as part of my old job. I wasn't the best at it though; Thankfully don't have to anymore.

Spoiler

Think that's sufficient evidence to turn the polis off the scent?

17 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

interesting... was about 2006ish our households got nicked so might be outdated.

Have heard focus st's are a popular target for theft too, wonder if they're one of the ones thats relatively easy to bust around/under the steering column to jumpstart.

Yup, my neighbour had one and they tried to nick it but got disturbed. 2/3 others in area got taken, police said they were too easy to nick.