Cove v Ayr

32 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
36 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:
Ayr with a fully deserved win.  Completely dominated the attacking possession, should have had more, we barely managed to lay a glove on them. 
2-1 flattered us.
Unless we get signings in I really fear for us. Ross, Mitch and Reynolds all of injured. McIntyre's recruitment has been woeful 

Hope you guys stay up, good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers, it will take a big turn around in the recruitment. We better have good loans lined up or else we're scrapping for our survival early on I feel.

McIntyre looks inept tactically and when it's coupled with poor recruitment and poor handling of Rory. Worrying.

Thought Ayr were solid throughout and looked comfortable on and off the ball.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Rocky cove, nearly had to do a rangers fan and drink out the toilets, no drinks after 50 mins! Sort it out for the next game! Other than that some day! 

Anyone know about JML and Bryden?

Minor knock and unwell , likely ok for Friday 

Great wee set-up at Cove, nice social club and friendly support and staff. The drive up wasn't as bad as feared, although the weather definitely helped! 

We had some excellent performances today, Musonda was fantastic and Daire terrorised Dunne and then Logan. Dipo absolutely immense again and great to get the Ghost on, even if he didn't touch the ball. If i were a Cove fan i would be concerned as they look well off the pace. 

Enjoyed that trip. Drive up was class with the weather and then the social club was great, had a good chat with a few cove fans. The ground isn't the best for views of the action, unless you're in the main stand, but it's not awful. 

We definitely deserved to win it and probably should have had a few more - notable chances for McKenzie and Dipo. Thought we looked incredibly comfortable, Cove never really threatened. I like watching Dipo bully defenders, he had a good game.

Musonda is an absolute unit and a terrific centre half. What a great signing he has been so far. Kirk was fine, hard to judge though because Cove offered very little. Would be interested to see him in a proper battle against a big striker. 

Some good running through the middle from Dempsey and Murdoch, while Daire always looked a threat (although he does have a habit of making the wrong decision or holding onto the ball too long). Ashford can be very frustrating at times but he did offer a lot of running and a bit of a chaos factor. Great to get Bangala on even if he didn't really touch the ball. 

Top of the pile, not what I expected after 4 games.

Edited by AuAl

Great result, great performance and great weekend up in Aberdeen, all the Cove fans that we spoke to were also great and all in all a very good experience.

I thought Dipo stood out a mile once again and he does seem to play really well off Mckenzie (despite what people think about McKenzie himself), Daire was excellent, Frankie and big Kirk strolled through the game and Dempsey and Murdoch were both excellent in the middle of the park.

We had a great shwalley session in Aberdeen on the Saturday night, stoated back to the hotel at 4.30am and then had a journey from Hell on the Megabus back to Glasgow on the Sunday Morning. pins and needles, heart palpitations, and general hangover from hell didn't even spoil the weekend (well, maybe just a little bit) but as someone else mentioned I do hope Cove stay up as cracking trip and friendly bunch of folk.