Cove v Ayr

Looking forward to this one - heading up to Aberdeen for the weekend and doing hospitality for the game with a few mates. Should be a decent away crowd up with the Ship Inn bus full already. 

Feeling fairly confident about this one for some reason, plus hopefully we’ll have a new attacking signing in place by the time the game comes round too.

Heading up to this, looking forward to it. Another ground to tick off, even if it is a ground a wee bit out the way, in an industrial estate with no pubs close by.

I think we should really be looking to get a win here. We've shown enough to know we are capable of being the better side for long spells, even if we are still quite limited for options in some areas. Cove won on the first day but results have been poor since then, we should be taking advantage.

Saying that, it'll be Cove 3 - 0 Ayr.

Genuinely shocked as I’ve only ever seen the one Cove supporter post on this forum.

Cove haven’t started all that well and we should definitely be looking to win this one. Only change I’d make to the team would JML in for O’Connor. He really shouldn’t have been dropped at the weekend there and O’Connor didn’t have a particularly great game against Accies.

We've probably started almost as expected to be fair given the delayed / lack of recruitment and having McIntyre at the helm.

We really should have got something from the Morton game but didn't. We did enough to warrant a point. Yesterday was a disappointment as although we were in the game with 20 minutes to go and pressing for an equaliser we turned in a poor performance and Caley who were impressive in spells were worthy winners over the 90 minutes. 

At home we're generally much stronger. I expect a reaction along with at least a signing or two. A strong partner to Mitch and we'd look noticeable difference from an attacking threat. Defensively we can be resolute and physical. Unfortunately we didn't show it yesterday.

For us, we need to be picking up points at home and will be aiming for 3 points. 

Ayr have showed they can pose a strong threat in attack and have some pace to counter attack. 

Should be a decent game.

Neither side blessed with a strong managerial prescence

Edited by CoveRangers1922

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Genuinely shocked as I’ve only ever seen the one Cove supporter post on this forum.

Cove haven’t started all that well and we should definitely be looking to win this one. Only change I’d make to the team would JML in for O’Connor. He really shouldn’t have been dropped at the weekend there and O’Connor didn’t have a particularly great game against Accies.

O'Connor only hit the post for the first goal and won the penalty but that was all.

JML two half chance /efforts, both powder puff and looked as if he'd get blown over by a Force 2 gentle breeze but that's wingers and football for you.

Get a stricker signed please.

2 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

O'Connor only hit the post for the first goal and won the penalty but that was all.

JML two half chance /efforts, both powder puff and looked as if he'd get blown over by a Force 2 gentle breeze but that's wingers and football for you.

Get a stricker signed please.

Or even a striker 😉

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

How many home supporters do Cove usually have?

There was 1150 at the opening game against Raith. Suspect we had 700-750 home fans. Last few games of last season we had roughly double that for home fans. If Aberdeen are away from home we get a few extra.

Still building our fan base. Only been 3 years since we joined the SPFL.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

That's quite a bit more than i expected to be honest. It will be interesting to see how the clubs coming up through the leagues do with their attendances once they settle in to a pattern of not winning every week.