Grass & Goalkeepers - Fort William 2022/23

stulch

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What's the odds of The Fort's brave new start getting postponed because of a waterlogged pitch?

Less than evens on average. Are you going today? I wonder if charging for NCL games will catch on? Seems fair enough to me.

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Less than evens on average. Are you going today? I wonder if charging for NCL games will catch on? Seems fair enough to me.

Aye. Gonna get pished in the Highlands anyway but hoping to catch a game. Was sunny all the way up but pushing it down now we're in Glencoe

Aye. Gonna get pished in the Highlands anyway but hoping to catch a game. Was sunny all the way up but pushing it down now we're in Glencoe
Just parked up. Looks like game may indeed be ON but if you see any DIY shops in town would you mind bringing along a wee flymo? The grass is like the rough on the 8th at Royal Troon.

bad29ffeee03b89c2109549200a795ea.jpg7f3d43c63c5c9aeee51c1111b031628a.jpg

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and if the Midlands League hadn't emerged how likely was it to go further than that any time soon?

I certainly think the emergence of the Midland League helped kick the North Juniors into action, though I think some clubs were already up for change. The NCL seemed to be up for it already.

Edited by welshbairn

What I was pointing out was more that FW and Golspie would be the only licensed clubs at tier 6 right now with neither a sure thing to take out Strathspey Thistle or whoever even if they did win the NCL title. In other words there may be an element of truth to that suggestion even if it isn't the full story.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What I was pointing out was more that FW and Golspie would be the only licensed clubs at tier 6 right now with neither a sure thing to take out Strathspey Thistle or whoever even if they did win the NCL title. In other words there may be an element of truth to that suggestion even if it isn't the full story.

If they wanted rid of Fort they could have just kicked them out when they didn't bother telling the league their pitch was a pile of rubble days before the start of last season. Instead they bent over backwards to keep them in.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...which given the playoff had already been brought in and BoD could be relied on to win the North superleague was a way to guide them gently towards the exit with no scope for legal action.

Hang on, you really think the Northern pyramid was set up just to get rid of Fort? :lol:

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mind you stop at Aldi for a gander, hearing they've got some new tins in..

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Hang on, you really think the Northern pyramid was set up just to get rid of Fort? :lol:

Same old same old of certain posters on here only being able to deal with a binary argument.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...In other words there may be an element of truth to that suggestion even if it isn't the full story.

Fort William 0 Golspie Sutherland 1 HT.

Enjoyable game here at a sun drenched Claggan Park. Fort had much the better of the first half, with some eye catching players, in particular the No.11 who looks like a tricky winger who is very comfortable on the ball.

Golspie made only a couple of ventures up through the verdant grasslands of the Fort William half but managed to nick a goal just before half time.

a7d5bda248fb8e293896a29d3efe8f1a.jpged58afbbd9021015074831efa3b640e4.jpgcdc5796573d4393a7f8d5f71ecbc3dff.jpg760a651e090cee41d08d74c23accd8e2.jpg

Spar/Social club in the end.
[mention=28011]Le Tout P'ti FC[/mention] it's weird. Half the pitch is fine but there's these mad clumps of jungle around the place
It's really boggy behind each goals. Like walking on a sponge. Not sure whether the actual pitch is like that. The Flymo would have blown up.