Grass & Goalkeepers - Fort William 2022/23

stulch

Me and ma pal had planned to get the train up for the game, enjoy the views with a few tins, check the game, and train back to Glesga on the same day but the b*****ds are on strike and now we're getting the bus. The good news this leaves us with a bit more time for a few pints there. 

Apart from all those wanky places on the high street catering to Cynthia and Torquil up for a stay in an AirBnB where's good for a few pints in the Fort? Claggan Park got a club house? If it does will they have remembered to order in some beer?

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Me and ma pal had planned to get the train up for the game, enjoy the views with a few tins, check the game, and train back to Glesga on the same day but the b*****ds are on strike and now we're getting the bus. The good news this leaves us with a bit more time for a few pints there. 

Apart from all those wanky places on the high street catering to Cynthia and Torquil up for a stay in an AirBnB where's good for a few pints in the Fort? Claggan Park got a club house? If it does will they have remembered to order in some beer?

Wanky places in FW? I cant imagine what you are looking for if you think the big Spoons, Volunteers and Grog and Gruel are wanky.

Personally for food and beer I wouldn't look past the Black Isle.

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Wanky places in FW? I cant imagine what you are looking for if you think the big Spoons, Volunteers and Grog and Gruel are wanky.

Personally for food and beer I wouldn't look past the Black Isle.

I've only nipped in for scran in FW and it was all a bit wanky. I presumed the pubs would be the same.

20 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The Crofters is usually my first port of call, decent ordinary pub with sky sports etc, think the food's ok.  The new chairman was talking about renovating the social club so who knows, last time I was there they didn't have any staff to run it, that was pre Covid though. 

I like Sunny's bar in Fort William. It's a fairly basic boozer with cheap pints, horse racing on the telly and a pool table. Loads of shinty memorabilia up on the walls if you're into that kind of thing.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Regardless of pub choices I'm looking forward to the game. I always sorta presumed the North Caley was a real drop in quality compared to (most) of the Highland League but you can say the same for Fort William compared to the Highland League. Even then I doubt teams like Invergordon or Golspie would have been such a joke if they were a tier up. It's the only two teams who can get promoted (and there's no guarantee a licensed club will win the Midlands/North Region as well) so both will be looking to win the league and set a marker down early doors. It's a short season so a win either way could be huge. No idea of the quality of either side compared to last season. 

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Regardless of pub choices I'm looking forward to the game. I always sorta presumed the North Caley was a real drop in quality compared to (most) of the Highland League but you can say the same for Fort William compared to the Highland League. Even then I doubt teams like Invergordon or Golspie would have been such a joke if they were a tier up. It's the only two teams who can get promoted (and there's no guarantee a licensed club will win the Midlands/North Region as well) so both will be looking to win the league and set a marker down early doors. It's a short season so a win either way could be huge. No idea of the quality of either side compared to last season. 

Golspie and Fort William are licenced

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

One of their loyal supporters didn't know what a bounce game was 🤣

I see your faither will be on the program, I hope he suitably buries Fort for the chancers they are?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I see your faither will be on the program, I hope he suitably buries Fort for the chancers they are?

More than I knew! He'll be tactful and professional. The antithesis for fort William.