Arbroath v Queens Park

Hard to believe it’s been five seasons since these two met; how time runs away! David Gold, unfancied by some when he played for QP, scored the winner at our last match and still doing well at Gayfield by all accounts. As a measure of our progress, we had Conor McVey at right-back, Lewis Magee in central defence and Billy Mortimer playing striker! Official attendance, 751.

I expect a tight result for this fixture too and despite our result last week, Arbroath are still favourites. We’ve still got much to learn and improve upon. Our attack line has improved greatly (coincidentally when we get a proven striker for a manager) but the defence is still adapting to the new threats this league brings. We’ll get there completely but probably not this weekend.

2-2 and a much bigger attendance. Simon Murray to score.

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hard to believe it’s been five seasons since these two met; how time runs away! David Gold, unfancied by some when he played for QP, scored the winner at our last match and still doing well at Gayfield by all accounts. As a measure of our progress, we had Conor McVey at right-back, Lewis Magee in central defence and Billy Mortimer playing striker! Official attendance, 751.

I expect a tight result for this fixture too and despite our result last week, Arbroath are still favourites. We’ve still got much to learn and improve upon. Our attack line has improved greatly (coincidentally when we get a proven striker for a manager) but the defence is still adapting to the new threats this league brings. We’ll get there completely but probably not this weekend.

2-2 and a much bigger attendance. Simon Murray to score.

Just watched that games highlights back and it is utterly surreal. David Gold and Omar on the wings, Scotty Martin centre mid what a player he was for us that season. A very dreich January fixture. 

But yeah changed days now. Hopefully all the regular QP away fans get up to the game, we no longer have pink seats it’s magic 

Don’t actually know if this one will be segregated or not but I imagine it will be unfortunately 

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just watched that games highlights back and it is utterly surreal. David Gold and Omar on the wings, Scotty Martin centre mid what a player he was for us that season. A very dreich January fixture. 

But yeah changed days now. Hopefully all the regular QP away fans get up to the game, we no longer have pink seats it’s magic 

Don’t actually know if this one will be segregated or not but I imagine it will be unfortunately 

The ticket page says QP fans are at the Pleasureland end. Hope that’s a sign😉 Does that mean we have to be behind the goals or is there some space in the main terrace?

Just now, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The ticket page says QP fans are at the Pleasureland end. Hope that’s a sign😉 Does that mean we have to be behind the goals or is there some space in the main terrace?

You will have a 1/4 of the ground so behind the goals up to the pie hut, the wee small terrace at the main road side and a small section of the seating too

321FECE1-81C1-4D07-B5D5-08744CAA7905.png

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Behind the goal. I’d imagine it will be the same as the Caley game. 

88DA47E2-F85D-4496-9C3C-4D51F737FE60.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully all the regular QP away fans get up to the game,

Supporters' bus is full and there will be the usual lot taking their cars but the trains being off tomorrow (totally forgot about that) is bound to put a wee dent in our numbers.

Looking forward to it. Been too long

Edited by Mick1867

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Behind the goal. I’d imagine it will be the same as the Caley game. 

88DA47E2-F85D-4496-9C3C-4D51F737FE60.jpeg

There’s one thing that bugs me about this picture. Pedantic I know but what they call the “east terrace” is actually south, the harbour end should be the east terrace. Due to the way the coastline curves round, Gayfield actually runs west to east not north to south.

The old main stand used to have an “east” and “west” which I thought was odd until I looked at a satellite map.

Pedantry over 😆

31 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Where will it be though?  In the last year, we've had the benefit of being able to move it to wherever needed, depending on numbers.  Seems a backwards step to have permanent segregation in.

Thing about it is the option of putting the temporary segregation up will always be there. 3/4 of Gayfield will be perfectly adequate but that permanent segregation will always be able to just have the gates opened and Heras fencing brought back if required

47 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Been the plan all along when the redevelopment was put in place. 

Never knew that. It will look much tidier anyway

There’s one thing that bugs me about this picture. Pedantic I know but what they call the “east terrace” is actually south, the harbour end should be the east terrace. Due to the way the coastline curves round, Gayfield actually runs west to east not north to south.
The old main stand used to have an “east” and “west” which I thought was odd until I looked at a satellite map.
Pedantry over [emoji38]
Pedantic but factual. Nothing East about the East terrace.

9 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I swear the weather knows when we’re at home, 2nd home game its been nice all week then wind picks up for the weekend.
Usual back 5 for me,
Stewart mckenna low linn
Fosu
Shanks

Weather supposed to get better by kick off I drove past this morning and there was a strong breeze but was nothing wild. It’s at its worst when it gusts mental but today will be fine I reckon