Arbroath v Queens Park

Thought Hammy was great on Friday there is no way whatsoever I would have Hancock over him personally especially if it’s Bobby playing left wing 

I do think Hancock will get another run out at left wing though and he’s going to have to have a good game if so cause think after Friday everyone’s sort of over that already 

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thought Hammy was great on Friday there is no way whatsoever I would have Hancock over him personally especially if it’s Bobby playing left wing 

I do think Hancock will get another run out at left wing though and he’s going to have to have a good game if so cause think after Friday everyone’s sort of over that already 

Thought most of Dundees chances came from issues between him and Tam. Hancock should never be used as a left winger again.

5 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Thought most of Dundees chances came from issues between him and Tam. Hancock should never be used as a left winger again.

Agree second part.

First part I watched the game back today and it was mainly just brain farts from Tam, the two that I thought were Hammy at the game weren’t, one was between ToB and Low and the other was actually ToB and Gold. Hammy nowhere near it.

Hancock offered nothing going forward and nothing defensively, he was there and never had an effect on the game at all. McMullan and Cammy Kerr, who had the freedom of Dens Park, were bombing on to Hammy time after time and he coped with it very well.

Fancy us after that performance on Saturday. Surely we keep the same system and line up and gather momentum. I prefer two strikers on the park and it worked nicely at the weekend. 

Arbroath results and goals scored indicates you aren't where you were last year? Many pundits say Joel Nouble was the main man but without him the performances dropped?

QP 2-1 win. We score goals but there will be a set piece to defend at some point....

3 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Fancy us after that performance on Saturday. Surely we keep the same system and line up and gather momentum. I prefer two strikers on the park and it worked nicely at the weekend. 

Arbroath results and goals scored indicates you aren't where you were last year? Many pundits say Joel Nouble was the main man but without him the performances dropped?

QP 2-1 win. We score goals but there will be a set piece to defend at some point....

2 points better off last season than we were now. Early doors to be making assumptions. 

30 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We were consistent the whole season. Right to the very last day. We still need to make our main loan signings, we will be waiting until the Prem teams finish their business. 

Arbroath are very streetwise and know exactly what’s required to get results in this league. Actually think this could be the toughest away day in the league for us because of the types of team that both are. 

Football wise, we’ll compete with anyone. There’s still a visible level of naivety there, though. There will be days where that’s ruthlessly exploited and days where we catch fire. I think there are very few outcomes in this league that could surprise me. Batterings will be dished out and received by just about everyone. Same XI, depending on Eze’s fitness. He’s obviously not come here to keep the bench warm, so would expect it to be him and Fox before long. 

23 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Arbroath are always a stuffy team at home. This will be difficult but we have the ability to take this one. Agree with others on team selection. May be just too soon for Eze but am sure he will become a fixture before long. 

Dunno if stuffy is the right word

For years we have always scored a lot of goals, top scorers in division last year, we have been very direct, in teams faces, hard in challenge winning second balls and only playing in attacking third, back to front and asking teams questions, that’s what we are best at. Coming at teams a million miles an hour 

Would love to see a performance like that on Saturday but I’d take a stuffy win right now, we started last season similarly but after getting a win it took the pressure right off 

Got a bad feeling about Saturday however

Edited by 1320Lichtie

If Queens Park get allowed to play football they will win easy ,unfortunately Arbroath don't allow teams to play football and will kick anything that gets past them. It's not good to watch but it's effective for them.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

… Got a bad feeling about Saturday however

Yep, me too. I was confident before every home game, and most away, last season (apart from v ICT) that we would win or at least play well enough to.

We just don’t look right so far this season, we’re not scoring goals or creating much and some of our usually outstanding or dependable players are generally underperforming. That combined with playing a QP with goals and pace in them doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Need to approach this like a must win game.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yep, me too. I was confident before every home game, and most away, last season (apart from v ICT) that we would win or at least play well enough to.

We just don’t look right so far this season, we’re not scoring goals or creating much and some of our usually outstanding or dependable players are generally underperforming. That combined with playing a QP with goals and pace in them doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Aye. We seem hopeful rather than purposeful, I’m not really sure we believe we are going to go and win games just now I think there is a doubt there. Players will see the same problems we do with where we are as a team just now 

Only 3 games gone though. Football can change quickly 

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

The usually dependable players have not been complimented well by the signings this season. If you look at who we lost and who we have brought in it tells you all you need to know ! That aside I still feel confident in this team and more often than not back up a defeat with a run of wins 

Another thing that hasn’t helped us is the run of fixtures we’ve had.

Three games - two of which were against our bogey teams and the other away against the league favourites.

I’m sure if we’d had two home games and one away, and fixtures against the likes of Raith, Hamilton and Morton then we might have picked up at least one victory.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Another thing that hasn’t helped us is the run of fixtures we’ve had.

Three games - two of which were against our bogey teams and the other away against the league favourites.

I’m sure if we’d had two home games and one away, and fixtures against the likes of Raith, Hamilton and Morton then we might have picked up at least one victory.

Aye. Think we should’ve probably got beat by Ayr and probably beat Inverness. Dundee away will be a fixture where a lot of teams come away with 0 or 1 point. 

17 hours ago, Monkfish85 said:

The usually dependable players have not been complimented well by the signings this season. If you look at who we lost and who we have brought in it tells you all you need to know ! That aside I still feel confident in this team and more often than not back up a defeat with a run of wins 

It's hard to overestimate how much Joel Nouble brought to the team last season and when Anton Dowds played up front with him we were always likely to score. They took so much pressure off the midfield and defence and that brought a confidence throughout the side that continued after they moved on. Michael McKenna was allowed to play a role that really suited his play and Jack Hamilton came in and also brought strength and goals and we had an outstanding season.

But that was then and this is now. It's still early doors but we are struggling to score and need to address that sooner than later. Donnelly and Hilson are not the answer, yet there seems to be a feeling that maybe, just maybe, one day they will make an impact and be a game changer. Well good luck with that if that is the case. I'm sure that both do their best and give 100% . Donnelly has a few nice touches but is hardly involved and although Hilson does buzz about he tends to keep the ball too long when an early pass would be a better option.

We need a win and Saturday would be a good time to get it, a scrappy 1-0 win would be welcome. 

Hope nobody gets upset about the above.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Iain Campbell (and a mate) were sitting up the back of the stand among the QP troops last Saturday taking plenty of notes.  He even joined in a few of the chants.

Came across as good lads, even though they can't get us into Tuttie's