Arbroath v Queens Park

Absolutely shocking today. It’s so obvious we’re missing a defensive midfielder. Not a fan of constantly persisting with no out and out striker up top and leaving Shanks on the bench. If we loan Patterson out and play Hancock on the wing we’re really missing a trick also imo.

Got faith we can turn it around only 4 games in but next week is looking like a must win already.

Edited by ellichtie

42 minutes ago, keptie said:

He was clearly pissed off but he doesn't do himself any favours when denying the obvious although he did admit QP were the better team

That was strange. Admitted QP deserved to win but claimed Arbroath had more chances, particularly first half. 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

That was strange. Admitted QP deserved to win but claimed Arbroath had more chances, particularly first half. 🤷‍♂️ 

Mental - We never had a single proper chance in the first half - QP could have been 4 up by the break.

Edited by Tattie36

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

2 shots on target that I remember, 

In the first half?

We only had four on target all game - the goal, Linn’s free kick and Shanks’ two other efforts late on. Shanks had 75% of our on-target efforts, in 20 minutes.

I said earlier on in this thread that no matter what happens today I hope we don’t overreact as I could kind of see this happening. Today’s performance was much worse than I expected it to be but going forward I am still confident we will be ok.

When Allan becomes a regular and we sign an extra 2 strikers in the next week or so.

I think the central midfield thing is as simple as dropping Mikey in there and changing his role this season, think the ball keeps coming back at us because there’s nobody taking the pressure off going forward and because we have struggled to maintain possession for any real period of time. It’s also something that Is more than likely looking a whole lot worse a problem than it actually is because we are playing the least mobile lightweight player who cannot make a tackle to save his life in there just now. Luke Donnelly playing in there is just utterly bizarre. It’s a man down off the ball for sure

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I said earlier on in this thread that no matter what happens today I hope we don’t overreact as I could kind of see this happening. Today’s performance was much worse than I expected it to be but going forward I am still confident we will be ok.

When Allan becomes a regular and we sign an extra 2 strikers in the next week or so.

I think the central midfield thing is as simple as dropping Mikey in there and changing his role this season, think the ball keeps coming back at us because there’s nobody taking the pressure off going forward and because we have struggled to maintain possession for any real period of time. It’s also something that Is more than likely looking a whole lot worse a problem than it actually is because we are playing the least mobile lightweight player who cannot make a tackle to save his life in there just now. Luke Donnelly playing in there is just utterly bizarre. It’s a man down off the ball for sure

I’m not sure putting McKenna in there is the answer. Aside from his (IMO) big drop in form, he’s just not that kind of player. His natural game is to attack, I can’t see him being happy/able to play that role. Allen and a big physical holding midfielder should do the trick. 

Just now, Tattie36 said:

I’m not sure putting McKenna in there is the answer. Aside from his (IMO) big drop in form, he’s just not that kind of player. His natural game is to attack, I can’t see him being happy/able to play that role. Allen and a big physical holding midfielder should do the trick. 

Mikey can 100 percent play that role, got the energy, power and athleticism to be great in there. It’s not working out for him at the moment in the 10. Play him in there or give Jacobs a chance

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

You, for talking shite

To be fair what he said did happen and that’s not sour grapes, also Ferrie clearly told to break game up by going down for treatment in second half.

We do it all the time ourselves usually when playing into wind machine but not today for some reason, I wish Gaston did do that more often in that first half 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair what he said did happen and that’s not sour grapes, also Ferrie clearly told to break game up by going down for treatment in second half.

We do it all the time ourselves usually when playing into wind machine but not today for some reason, I wish Gaston did do that more often in that first half 

Not sour grapes at all, Murray is exceptionally good at playacting. I'm just arguing for the sake of it, the other guy was totally correct.

Painful watching it again. Queens really should have hammered us. The difference in styles is stark. QP play neat, slick passing with loads of pace and movement - the amount of times, and the ease with which they sliced through our defence was scary and worrying. By comparison, we were predictable, laboured, slow and very basic. Long ball or crosses - meat and drink to QPs big defence.

Edited by Tattie36