Arbroath v Queens Park

43 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

They walked through the defence with every attack. Zero support from midfield and zero challenges.

Defense look absolutely spooked, there is no defensive cover from midfield and they know it, feel for Paterson, also for Fosu think they're is a player in there, but he isn't a striker, Donnelly and Hilson, not good enough 

I hate slating Sir D-ick or any AFC player but jeezo that performance today was shocking and i blame the Manager 100% his starting XI was absolute bizarre and EVERY Red Lichtie supporter who i spoke to before and after the game said the same.

HOW ON EARTH can you play Luke Donnelly in CENTRAL MIDFIELD with Nicky Low = ABSOLUTE LUNACY!!

We had THREE sitting holding midfielders sitting on the bench in Craigen/Gold/Jacobs so what are they thinking when they see a forward player taken their place?

I wanted Sir D-ick as our Manager (many AFC fans didn't) and what he has done for us as nothing short of magnificent and i will support 100% going forward but he has to take flack when he f#ucks up and he certainly done that today.

I have came up the road direct from the ground fuming as i cannot face going to the boozer so this is not a drunken rant.

He should have started Craigen in central midfield and Shanks up front, yes Shanks is raw but get an experienced big striker (Simon Murray) up front with him to learn but at least he is direct and WILL get goals.

Simon Murray BOSSED that game and was superb as was Dom Thomas in a very good Queens Park team.

Putting FOUR subs on at the same time is a joke imo and causes confusion, we ended up with Low and Allan in central midfield with no height, 2 great classy players but they were getting bulldozed by their giants.

I thought Allan looked good and classy when he came on and Stewart and Linn (why did they get subbed?) done well, Gaston was superb and saved us from a thrashing.

Excellent crowd of over 1,900 with over 1,800 Red Lichties fans who all left disappointed.

C'Mon Sir D-ick get in an experienced BIG striker and keep the formation where the players play in that position.    

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Defense look absolutely spooked, there is no defensive cover from midfield and they know it, feel for Paterson, also for Fosu think they're is a player in there, but he isn't a striker, Donnelly and Hilson, not good enough 

Maybe in regards to Fosu but he shouldn’t be starting. I don’t think Paterson is good enough right now and he should go on loan. Donnelly I don’t get what we’re trying to do, he’s a striker but we’re trying to sign 2 strikers and he’s playing centre midfield? Hilson infuriating and will never take a chance but I feel he atleast helps the team, but Hilson should never be coming on and playing right wing. Corfe I think will be similar to Donnelly probably got a whole lot of talent but will struggle to show it in an 11 aside game in the Scottish Championship 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe in regards to Fosu but he shouldn’t be starting. I don’t think Paterson is good enough right now and he should go on loan. Donnelly I don’t get what we’re trying to do, he’s a striker but we’re trying to sign 2 strikers and he’s playing centre midfield? Hilson infuriating and will never take a chance but I feel he atleast helps the team, but Hilson should never be coming on and playing right wing. Corfe I think will be similar to Donnelly probably got a whole lot of talent but will struggle to show it in an 11 aside game in the Scottish Championship 

Half the problem we have is we are being out muscled, out thought and out ran, this didn't happen last season

10 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I hate slating Sir D-ick or any AFC player but jeezo that performance today was shocking and i blame the Manager 100% his starting XI was absolute bizarre and EVERY Red Lichtie supporter who i spoke to before and after the game said the same.

HOW ON EARTH can you play Luke Donnelly in CENTRAL MIDFIELD with Nicky Low = ABSOLUTE LUNACY!!

We had THREE sitting holding midfielders sitting on the bench in Craigen/Gold/Jacobs so what are they thinking when they see a forward player taken their place?

I wanted Sir D-ick as out Manager (many AFC fans didn't) and what he has done for us as nothing short of magnificent and i will support 100% going forward but he has to take flack when he f#ucks up and he certainly done that today.

I have came up the road direct from the ground fuming as i cannot face going to the boozer so this is not a drunken rant.

He should have started Craigen in central midfield and Shanks up front, yes Shanks is raw but get an experienced big striker (Simon Murray) up front with him to learn but at least he is direct and WILL get goals.

Simon Murray BOSSED that game and was superb as was Dom Thomas in a very good Queens Park team.

Putting FOUR subs on at the same time is a joke imo and causes confusing, we ended up with Low and Allan in central midfield with no height, 2 great classy players but they were getting bulldozed by their giants.

I thought Allan looked good and classy when he came on and Stewart and Linn (why did they get subbed?) done well.

Excellent crowd of over 1,900 with over 1,800 Red Lichties fans who all left disappointed.

C'Mon Sir D-ick get in an experienced BIG striker and keep the formation where the players play in that position.    

Completely agree. Shanks for Donnelly and Allan for Fosu would’ve done the job. McKenna, Stewart and Linn all coming off too… they’re our better players. Maybe weren’t having their best games but I think all 3 would’ve been much better when playing alongside Allan and having Shanks in and around the box too. Actually thinking about it the difference between Shanks upfront and Donnelly / Fosu was fkn incredible. The one thing that let him down was the time he got a shot away, Allan completely on his own inside box and he would’ve scored if laid off to him. 

That was just utterly hopeless the day. I nearly left before it went 2-1, the soul drained from my body watching it. Wonder what the dressing room was like after that. Can see a whole lot of kicking off going on. Just nowhere near it 

Gaston is a tremendous keeper. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 in that first half. So, so proud of the team. Not keeping a clean sheet is frustrating but that just looks like the way it’s gonnae be this season and as long as we keep scoring I am all for it. 

The worry after f*cking it against Ayr was that the heads would drop within the squad. Genuinely don’t think there’s a chance of that under Coyle. 

Onwards and upwards QP! 

3 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Gaston is a tremendous keeper. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 in that first half. So, so proud of the team. Not keeping a clean sheet is frustrating but that just looks like the way it’s gonnae be this season and as long as we keep scoring I am all for it. 

The worry after f*cking it against Ayr was that the heads would drop within the squad. Genuinely don’t think there’s a chance of that under Coyle. 

Onwards and upwards QP! 

You guys thoroughly deserved the win. Definitely be pushing them playoff spots if you keep it up.

I love Simon Murray. His work rate is absolutely phenomenal, I said it after the game last week but he's exactly what you want from your captain.

Brilliant to see Eze play well too. He didn't look great against Ayr, but it would've been harsh to judge him on that and he was solid today.

Really well deserved win, think we could've been 3 or 4 up at half time, and Savory should've buried his chance in the second half, but given Arbroath's very good home record I'm buzzing with that win.

That was magnificent, think today was the biggest indicator that we’ll be fine in the championship. Obviously the wind was a factor, but I thought we were genuinely superb first half. The quality and pace of our attacking play was simply terrific and if weren’t for Gaston, I don’t think anyone would be questioning the result had we been 3-0 up by half time 

2nd half more of a battle but on the whole, still felt fairly comfortable. Fair play to ferrie who pulled off a superb save at the very end, which would of been a sickener had we left with a point. Expected a lot more from Arbroath. Obviously the attacking prowess from last season isn’t there but in general they looked a bit meh everywhere and ropey at the back. Delighted to beat the long standing home record in fairness. 

You could pick anyone for MOTM. Eze was a brick at the back, Boateng looks a class above, whilst jack thomson had his best ever game. A powerhouse in midfield today and almost scored goal of the season with his roulette and strike first half. I’m gonna give best player to Grant Savoury. The guy is genuinely an outstanding footballer with the qualities to play at an even higher level. He’s quick, can dribble, brilliant defensively and he’s terrific under pressure. If he can touch up on his finishing, then we’re on to a winner

Edited by qpfc

What is Dick Campbell and Co trying to prove? It seems to be blindingly obvious to everyone except Dick and Co that Donnelly is out of his league in the Championship. Yet he keeps getting played. Might as well play with 10 men. 

We were outplayed all over the park by a fit, well coached side. They knew how to play with the wind in their back and with the wind in their face. We didn't. They didn't overhit the ball in the first half and kept in on the ground most of the second and passed the ball to players who found space to take a pass. We didn't. We just kept lumping high, hopeful balls up the park.

Making 4 subs at the same time hasn't worked too well, in fact it hardly works at all, but why not stick with it. Maybe some day it will, or not.

Overall the much better team deservedly won, no question about it. Dick has to take full blame for that result and performance, he picked the team and decides how they should play.  It is still early doors but he needs to either play Shanks up front or get a match fit, recognised striker in asap. And maybe not play players out of position.

QP must have drama lessons during their training sessions. They did some Oscar worthy pay-acting of injuries, especially in the second half.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

We were poor today and QP were worthy winners could've been more than one goal between the teams. We were second to most things today and couldn't handle Simon Murray who was impressive. Gonna have to step it up now.

Not sure what game DC was watching when in his interview he didn't think QP had many chances, Gaston saved us from a much worse scoreline.

Not sure what game DC was watching when in his interview he didn't think QP had many chances, Gaston saved us from a much worse scoreline.

Blethering a load of pish, “we had 5 chances, they only had 3” “shanks had 3 chances in the 6 yard box” clearly watches different game to me.

7 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Blethering a load of pish, “we had 5 chances, they only had 3” “shanks had 3 chances in the 6 yard box” clearly watches different game to me.

He was clearly pissed off but he doesn't do himself any favours when denying the obvious although he did admit QP were the better team