Arbroath v Queens Park

2 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Fingers crossed. Have to win sometime. If its Fosu up top again I'll have my doubts.

Need to play 2 up from the start imo. Shanks and Fosu for me. If we can’t approach this game with the confidence to score a few then when can we? 

22 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Need to play 2 up from the start imo. Shanks and Fosu for me. If we can’t approach this game with the confidence to score a few then when can we? 

Don’t underestimate Queens Park. They could’ve been out of sight against Inverness and beat Partick Thistle last week. If they didn’t have a horror second half showing against Ayr they’d be top of the league

There are weaker teams in this division and we don’t currently have a striker who can score goals so I would suggest there’ll be plenty of other days in the future when we can approach games with more confidence than today 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t underestimate Queens Park. They could’ve been out of sight against Inverness and beat Partick Thistle last week. If they didn’t have a horror second half showing against Ayr they’d be top of the league

There are weaker teams in this division and we don’t currently have a striker who can score goals so I would suggest there’ll be plenty of other days in the future when we can approach games with more confidence than today 

Totally understand that they’re a good side but we’re at home, where we’ve not lost a league game in over a year and we’ve beaten better teams than them - home and away - last season.

The psychological damage a poor result and/or performance could really set us back. We need a win and today should be approached as a must win game.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Totally understand that they’re a good side but we’re at home, where we’ve not lost a league game in over a year and we’ve beaten better teams than them - home and away - last season.

The psychological damage a poor result and/or performance could really set us back. We need a win and today should be approached as a must win game.

Last year means nothing now though and in 3 games we have registered 2 goals, 1 a penalty and 1 a scrambled in corner. We still have not signed a striker

If we didn’t sign Scott Allan and didn’t imminently have 2 strikers coming in the door then I maybe would’ve said the same but no matter what happens today with the above happening we should be ok this season so really should not be any overreacting to whatever happens this afternoon