Arbroath v Queens Park

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Where’s best for Arbroath supporters to go if you get back to Hampden? Not overly a fan of the social club and we’ve been to Minnesota Fats snooker club in the past couple 

If the club isn’t open, Vicky Road/Pollokshaws Road is good for a pub crawl. Walk to Lesser in 15/20mins or or time it and jump on the Neilston or Newton train at QP which takes less than five minutes to Mount Florida and probably gives you time for another pint. 

Allison Arms, Heraghty’s, Victoria Bar, Koelschip Yard, McNeill’s, Queen’s Park Cafe and The Bell Jar all within short walks of each other and all a couple of minutes from QP station. A mixture of old guy and hipster boozers, with some as hybrids of both! 

Feeling much more optimistic about the season overall and going forward from here after Scott Allan and the strikers we are interested in but still really unsure over tomorrow. QP looking like an extremely tricky opponent.

The team selection is going to be very interesting from our point of view 

2 hours ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

"Can't get into Tutties" 😂😂😂

Brilliant.

Hope you Queens Park boys are bringing a significant amount of support up. 

We'll be bringing our usual amount. No crowd wankers allowed

1 hour ago, an86 said:

If the club isn’t open, Vicky Road/Pollokshaws Road is good for a pub crawl. Walk to Lesser in 15/20mins or or time it and jump on the Neilston or Newton train at QP which takes less than five minutes to Mount Florida and probably gives you time for another pint. 

Allison Arms, Heraghty’s, Victoria Bar, Koelschip Yard, McNeill’s, Queen’s Park Cafe and The Bell Jar all within short walks of each other and all a couple of minutes from QP station. A mixture of old guy and hipster boozers, with some as hybrids of both! 

Chewin the FAT Blank Template - Imgflip

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I would see Low, McKenna and Allan in midfield once Allan is match fit. Either Gold or Craigen to start ahead of him initially.
Dick should try Fosu and Shanks up top.

I’ve been watching Scott Allan clips all day, we just need to put him in the 10 and let him do as he pleases. 

McKenna Low

Stewart Allan Linn

Striker

is lovely but Allan will still be a wee bitty off it for a few weeks yet I reckon

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’ve been watching Scott Allan clips all day, we just need to put him in the 10 and let him do as he pleases. 

McKenna Low

Stewart Allan Linn

Striker

is lovely but Allan will still be a wee bitty off it for a few weeks yet I reckon

yeah - I don't think you should risk him on Saturday

image.png.7d26e33b8653fb84fc724566f0930c3a.png

19 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I would start him and see how long he lasts. Can be hooked at half time without using a sub stoppage if required.

I would be well up for that

He will definitely play think Paul Reid let that out the bag in his interview 

Just going off the article in the Courier today DC said ‘He’ll need maybe two or three games, maybe getting on in the second half”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3606517/scott-allan-arbroath-no-mugs-dick-campbell/

So can kind of see him coming on for some kind of cameo 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would be well up for that

He will definitely play think Paul Reid let that out the bag in his interview 

Just going off the article in the Courier today DC said ‘He’ll need maybe two or three games, maybe getting on in the second half”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3606517/scott-allan-arbroath-no-mugs-dick-campbell/

So can kind of see him coming on for some kind of cameo 

100% he comes on as sub in the 2nd half.

I guess a lot depends on how fit he’s kept himself.

Do we know if he’s been training with us or anyone else prior to signing? If so, then he may not be far off full match fitness.

I agree that he’ll more than likely start on the bench and come on at some point, depending on how the game is going.

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I guess a lot depends on how fit he’s kept himself.

Do we know if he’s been training with us or anyone else prior to signing? If so, then he may not be far off full match fitness.

I agree that he’ll more than likely start on the bench and come on at some point, depending on how the game is going.

Fit and match fit totally different things. Guy obviously keeps himself in good shape but you saw the difference between friendlies and our first league games 

Think the second part would be the sensible option 

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fit and match fit totally different things. Guy obviously keeps himself in good shape but you saw the difference between friendlies and our first league games 

Think the second part would be the sensible option 

That’s what I said.

He’ll be fit and not far off match fitness but that 5% and extra sharpness etc from playing competitive games is something you can’t get from training alone.