Arbroath v Queens Park

6 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Iain Campbell (and a mate) were sitting up the back of the stand among the QP troops last Saturday taking plenty of notes.  He even joined in a few of the chants.

Came across as good lads, even though they can't get us into Tuttie's   

How can they not get you into Tutties? 

I’ve got a concerning high amount of optimism for this game. Yes we’re leaky at the back, but I just think we’re such a threat going forward and more importantly in stark contrast to last season, there now seems a genuine belief amongst the players in the way they move the ball in attacking areas that they can threaten any defence they come up against in the division. Last season there was no idea or confidence to get in behind and stretch teams

Would be completely satisfied if we kept the same XI, especially up top as I really think Murray and Williamson could be an excellent front line at this level going forward. Both are rapid, intelligent with their runs and know where the goal is. Plus with the addition of Boateng, you hope that allows the 2 up front to continue much longer with the extra defensive stability behind them 

Arbroath are highly experienced and know how to win regularly at this level and despite our nice attacking play, we have already shown how naive we can be at the back. Show the same amount naivety as we did against Ayr and we’re done. Will be one of toughest away days of the season but I really do think we can get a positive result here 

Edited by qpfc

On 15/08/2022 at 13:51, SteveTheLichtie said:

Gaston

Thomson, Little, O'Brien, Hancock

Stewart, McKenna, Low, Linn

Fosu, Shanks

Tuck Stewart in from the right to release McKenna and give Thomson space to get forward.

Think Hancock can offer us much more when in possession than Hammy.

Nah, Hammy stays, but apart from that aberration don't mind that team

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

The guy that runs our supporters' bus has been told it's home fans only now  

I just phoned Tuttie's...spoke with a very pleasant lady who confirmed that it is open to all fans and that Ian Campbell is a rascal, All visiting fans are indeed allowed into Tuttie's. 

47 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Nah, don’t believe that for one minute. How can you tell anyway? unless you’re wearing colours, which many fans don’t, then it would be impossible to enforce. Maybe they just don’t want a coach load descending at once as it’s always very busy pre match.

Plenty other decent pubs anyway.

9 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Nah, don’t believe that for one minute. How can you tell anyway? unless you’re wearing colours, which many fans don’t, then it would be impossible to enforce. Maybe they just don’t want a coach load descending at once as it’s always very busy pre match.

Plenty other decent pubs anyway.

I think the boy running the bus just wants to go to a different pub. Maybe wants to see the early kick off 😂

I’ve changed my mind now, Arbroath 2-0 Scott Allan hat trick 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye that’s complete nonsense. Tutties is always very accommodating to all supporters. Only ones that have caused trouble that I remember were the Sevco bunch. Arbroath supporters club runs out of there as well 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think the boy running the bus just wants to go to a different pub. Maybe wants to see the early kick off 😂

I’ve changed my mind now, Arbroath 2-0 Scott Allan hat trick 

Quite jealous of the potential Allan signing. Was really hoping throughout the summer that QP would of put an offer for him, particularly as he’s got a great relationship with Dempster. 

Hopefully no debut appearance on Saturday though 🤣

Edited by qpfc

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Quite jealous of the potential Allan signing. Was really hoping throughout the summer that QP would of put an offer for him, particularly as he’s got a great relationship with Dempster. 

Hopefully no debut appearance on Saturday though 🤣

I’m excited too but my negativity and pessimism that always shines through as a football fan is telling me it’ll all go Pete Tong already and it’s not even been announced 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye that’s complete nonsense. Tutties is always very accommodating to all supporters. Only ones that have caused trouble that I remember were the Sevco bunch. Arbroath supporters club runs out of there as well 

Aye, I know how good Tutties is. That's why I was surprised. We've went there every time we've visited Arbroath. The bus drops us off outside and we've all piled in, no problem. I've got no idea who told him this but I'll pass on the message to everyone on the bus that we're welcome 

3 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye, I know how good Tutties is. That's why I was surprised. We've went there every time we've visited Arbroath. The bus drops us off outside and we've all piled in, no problem. I've got no idea who told him this but I'll pass on the message to everyone on the bus that we're welcome 

Where’s best for Arbroath supporters to go if you get back to Hampden? Not overly a fan of the social club and we’ve been to Minnesota Fats snooker club in the past couple 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Where’s best for Arbroath supporters to go if you get back to Hampden? Not overly a fan of the social club and we’ve been to Minnesota Fats snooker club in the past couple 

Social club is currently getting renovated so we're currently all drinking in the Florida Park on Battlefield Rd before and after the bus to Stennie. Cheaper than the Clockwork round the corner from it

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Whit? Might be wrong but I would highly doubt that.

He was indeed told that but it's apparently not the case. Must have been a local giving us duff gen to keep more space for Arbroath fans.  You do need to be in there sharpish though as space is quite limited and Gayfield is much busier now. One of the downsides of being a successful team.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

He was indeed told that but it's apparently not the case. Must have been a local giving us duff gen to keep more space for Arbroath fans.  You do need to be in there sharpish though as space is quite limited and Gayfield is much busier now. One of the downsides of being a successful team.

You’ll definitely be ok especially if it’s early. There’s quite a few different places fans go now, The Foundry quite busy now too match days they do cheap pints for home games I’m sure. Then there’s the regulars that will always go to their usual local. Tutties mainly supporters club and away fans I would say. It’s a great wee pub though 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’ll definitely be ok especially if it’s early. There’s quite a few different places fans go now, The Foundry quite busy now too match days they do cheap pints for home games I’m sure. Then there’s the regulars that will always go to their usual local. Tutties mainly supporters club and away fans I would say. It’s a great wee pub though 

Yeah. I don’t go to Tutties pre-match anymore. I used to love it before and after a game a few years ago when we were getting c500 at games. It was always a good mix of home and away fans and a great atmosphere. Too busy before games now, which is great for them of course and long may it continue. Last time I was in pre-match was before the Covid restricted ICT game last new year when it was, obviously quiet and restricted.

I tend to go to the Foundry now but will go to a few if I’m making a day of it.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah. I don’t go to Tutties pre-match anymore. I used to love it before and after a game a few years ago when we were getting c500 at games. It was always a good mix of home and away fans and a great atmosphere. Too busy before games now, which is great for them of course and long may it continue. Last time I was in pre-match was before the Covid restricted ICT game last new year when it was, obviously quiet and restricted.

I tend to go to the Foundry now but will go to a few if I’m making a day of it.

I am always Newgate or Station, never see any away fans in Newgate it’s a bit out the way but Station is usually a mix too. Saw all the Inverness fans booked out the Anchor Bar (Ziggies now) and have gone there a few times now which I found quite amusing

Edited by 1320Lichtie