Stenny vs Sons

1 hour ago, Crazy Days said:

Bryson is an enigma at this time  so much expected and so little delivered. I think Swift is living in the hope that he will turn it on. Forbes looks to be overweight and is lumbering about the park and should be no where near the team at the moment.  The midfield selection is not a settled unit.

Playing it out from the back is not working at this time, Swift must be able to see that but does he have a plan B?

In O'Reilly we have one of the most exciting players in the league but Swift will not start him. Why?

We had a horrendous first quarter last year, if we have the same this year then it is time to show him the door.  We all had high hopes for the season, the squad looked impressive on paper but so far we have been served up a load of garbage. We played relatively well in the cup games and I think we all thought we are on the right track. Is it the case that there were no expectations or pressures on the team to do well in these games but it is different when it comes to the league. Is Swift sending the right message to the players?

We really need a massive performance on Saturday and not a one of either, it must kick us on.

Shock horror... I'm shocked he is still playing if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

Shock horror... I'm shocked he is still playing if I'm honest.

Agreed, assists from a dead ball kept him in our team.  Delivered absolutely nothing from open play.  Was very glad we moved him on.

Edited by Thommo90

Agreed, assists from a dead ball kept him in our team.  Delivered absolutely nothing from open play.  Was very glad we moved him on.
We haven't even had this from him. He has been an awful signing on what must be good money & the fact swift is having him any where near game time in his current condition is a major red flag against the manager. In amongst a few red flags unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Cue a Ross Forbes hat-trick this weekend.

Can't wait! Last time (I think) we played Stenny at Ochilview he bagged a brace of free kicks to save us a 2-2 draw? I think Stenny scored late and we scored even later!

ETA - Was that the game we played in Stenny's away kit? 😂

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

Can't wait! Last time (I think) we played Stenny at Ochilview he bagged a brace of free kicks to save us a 2-2 draw? I think Stenny scored late and we scored even later!

ETA - Was that the game we played in Stenny's away kit? 😂

It was!

If I remember correctly, your kit man at the time pitched up without a second lot of shirts and asked if we could wear our away kits to accommodate Dumbarton. We refused, and the Sons had to play in our horrid "Argentina"-style tops. When Forbes stood over that second free-kick, my heart sank.

Ross Forbes is a lot better in theory than he is in practice and we have yet to see his best at Stenhousemuir. He doesn't offer much and I'm still gobsmacked we gave him a two-year deal when he joined the club last summer.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It was!

If I remember correctly, your kit man at the time pitched up without a second lot of shirts and asked if we could wear our away kits to accommodate Dumbarton. We refused, and the Sons had to play in our horrid "Argentina"-style tops. When Forbes stood over that second free-kick, my heart sank.

Ross Forbes is a lot better in theory than he is in practice and we have yet to see his best at Stenhousemuir. He doesn't offer much and I'm still gobsmacked we gave him a two-year deal when he joined the club last summer.

The kitman had already handed in his notice and that was his last day. A proper f**k it attitude from him that day.

I had to get my mate to stop looking at other scores when Forbes lined up the free kick. Told him to get off his phone because we're about to equalise. I seem to say stuff like that every time we have a free kick in a scorable position and that was one of the rare occasions it worked.

If things continue to go south and Swift ends up losing his job then he can only have himself to blame playing the likes of Forbes, who has given him one blinding 45 minutes of football up at Forfar in 40 odd appearances or whatever it is. I just can't offer any explanation as to how he is not only featuring from the bench for a side supposedly chasing a league title but actually now starting.  

17 hours ago, Neilly said:

If things continue to go south and Swift ends up losing his job then he can only have himself to blame playing the likes of Forbes, who has given him one blinding 45 minutes of football up at Forfar in 40 odd appearances or whatever it is. I just can't offer any explanation as to how he is not only featuring from the bench for a side supposedly chasing a league title but actually now starting.  

The same manager who could not see that Marshall was never going to be a goalkeeper last season.  How many chances did he give him?

4 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

The same manager who could not see that Marshall was never going to be a goalkeeper last season.  How many chances did he give him?

To be fair to Stephen Swift, Ryan Marshall was immediately dropped after that Kelty Hearts game. Yes, he'd been poor in his previous appearances but that was the match that broke the camel's back!

24 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

To be fair to Stephen Swift, Ryan Marshall was immediately dropped after that Kelty Hearts game. Yes, he'd been poor in his previous appearances but that was the match that broke the camel's back!

What happened to your podcast??

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

What happened to your podcast??

I'm assuming that doing the Terrace podcast, a view from the terrace and working takes up too much time for it. There was a superb four hours on lower league football with Shaughan McGuigan on the terrace podcast a few weeks ago. I'd highly recommend that one.

He also brought him back in mind mid season. Goes under radar.

30 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He also brought him back in mind mid season. Goes under radar.

Again, to be fair to the manager, he had no choice but to bring Marshall back into the team - Davie Wilson's form had declined so badly that a change had to be made. Big Peter Urminsky came in shortly afterwards and Marshall was never seen again.

Swift really does seem to have a blind spot for his goalkeepers. Marshall was probably the worst I've ever seen at the club, Wilson was never going to be anything more than an emergency back-up and although Conor Brennan's capable of making good saves, he's doesn't seem great at anything else!

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Again, to be fair to the manager, he had no choice but to bring Marshall back into the team - Davie Wilson's form had declined so badly that a change had to be made. Big Peter Urminsky came in shortly afterwards and Marshall was never seen again.

Swift really does seem to have a blind spot for his goalkeepers. Marshall was probably the worst I've ever seen at the club, Wilson was never going to be anything more than an emergency back-up and although Conor Brennan's capable of making good saves, he's doesn't seem great at anything else!

Another one I am shocked is playing at this level still... how many former Sons are in the Stenny ranks at the moment. Forbes, Wedderburn, Michael Miller and Brennan. There are a fair few in this league to be fair.

Do Stenny offer a stream for those of us who may or may not be overseas?

This was in Stennys match preview

MATCHDAY INFORMATION

Kick-off: 3pm

Match Entry: Both home and away fans can enter via pay at the gate [cash] or you can purchase your ticket in advance by using Fanbase. Adult admission costing £12, concessions £6 and under 16’s just £5.

Live Stream: Our live streaming service has ceased under League rules.