Motherwell v Livingston 20/08/22 - The race for Europe

1 hour ago, mcfadden22 said:

Anybody looked at the BBC ratings for the game.  Andrew Shinnie of Livingston was man of the match. Highest rated Motherwell player was Liam Kelly who didn’t have a save to make

Who contributes to these ratings, people at the match, people at home, people with a bet on?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Who contributes to these ratings?

Very, very stupid people, judging by all available evidence.

dumb-and-dumber.gif

I've actually written to the BBC several times asking why they persist with this folly when they aren't commercially "click driven" by advertisers. I imagine their marketing wonks would wax lyrical about brand engagement, but as the c**nts have never had the decency to respond I'm just guessing there.

We’re long overdue a few dodgy penalty decisions after suffering that season where we seemed to give one away every other game.
We must be due about five against St. Mirren. That doesn't do Livingston any good though, that was a howler yesterday.

Maybe they'll get a dodgy decision against St. Mirren in a sort of three-way balancing out?

We must be due about five against St. Mirren. That doesn't do Livingston any good though, that was a howler yesterday.

Maybe they'll get a dodgy decision against St. Mirren in a sort of three-way balancing out?
I'm hoping for the dodgy game changer that helps us beat one of the gruesome twosome in their own stadium....that would almost make up for it

17 hours ago, crispy said:

We weren’t quite up to the levels of previous games (narrow wins) so unsurprising this didn’t go as well but I did think it was enough for a draw and I think that would’ve been fair.

Obviously can’t legislate for the linesman making decisions on the basis of democracy (were the Motherwell players claiming it was blatant imaginative or cheating? ;)) and presenting the best goal scoring chance of the game to a team. There were some refereeing howlers across the country, mind you!

Funny how the narrative changes on a moment so small. We could be tied third on 7 points with ‘Well and Hearts and with a solid goal difference.

Could be on 8 pts if Obileye's goal stood against Sevco too, another wrong refereeing decision giving a foul against Nouble before Obileye scored.

12 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
13 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm hoping for the dodgy game changer that helps us beat one of the gruesome twosome in their own stadium....that would almost make up for it

Well we're due some against Sevco, they've had a few offside goals against us too.

The second half particularly was just terrible refereeing decisions from start to finish. Shortly before the penalty the referee and assistant completely missed an obvious corner so when I saw the two of them staring at each other looking gormless again I assumed it was a who blinks first again about corner/goal kick. So when he pointed to the spot I laughed out loud. 

As far as the game went perhaps a draw would have been fair but given that we attempted to force the issue and find a goal I'll take it. No chance would we have sent on attacking options in that game last season. 

I don't remember Kelly having to do anything that wasn't routine and though Sol & Lamie dealt with Nouble really well. Hopefully a sign of things to come. 

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

No chance would we have sent on attacking options in that game last season. 

Hammell not treating subs like they are sacred and must only be attempted when Halley's Comet is visible in the night sky is a pretty refreshing change. It turns out that by chucking on some fresh attackers when the game is poised doesn't trigger the end of the world.

21 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I don't remember Kelly having to do anything that wasn't routine and though Sol & Lamie dealt with Nouble really well. Hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Apart from the amusement of the win this was my main takeaway from the game.

Given the clownshoes nature of some of the goals we've lost I had the fear that big Nouble was going to run riot but broadly between them Sol and Lamie handled him really well.

In their last away game at Tannadice Livi had 11 shots on goal. On Saturday they only managed 5 (1 on target) with the same front 3. I'm not saying we've turned a corner defensively but it felt like a step in the right direction.

As an aside, I've generally been a Paul McGinn sceptic but I thought he had a really tidy game on Saturday and totally get why Hibs fans were pretty much saying he's the sort of player who'll give you a 7/10 every week.

Edited by capt_oats

Though Livi were a bit one dimensional tbh, get on top of Nouble and they didn't seem to have much else of a plan. Lamie and SoL managed him way better than I feared they would.

Awful refereeing, throughout the game, unbelievably bad but looking at the other games...

Though SOD had an excellent games, left to get up and down the wing as much as possible and he definitely drove us forward on numerous occasions and most of the good stuff, what of it there was of it, come through him getting us moving forwards. 

Oh and how fecking good does that pitch look, first home game I've been to this season and was a sight to behold. Mental to see the amount of work done and the height that has been taken away to try and level the pitch off.

Anyway team/tactics still a work in progress but much happier to have Alexander out the door.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:
Bartley absolutely ripping the match officials emoji38.png some boi.

What's he said?

The assistant referee after the penalty decision should pack his bags and get demoted to the lowland league and if Bartley gets a fine then the lino should be too for being so shit. 

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:
Bartley absolutely ripping the match officials emoji38.png some boi.

What's he said?

Fair play like. If any management team is going to, Livi seems a decent bet, are your dugouts not basically in the stand for a touch line ban? :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The assistant referee after the penalty decision should pack his bags and get demoted to the lowland league and if Bartley gets a fine then the lino should be too for being so shit. 

He's not wrong tbf :D