Motherwell v Livingston 20/08/22 - The race for Europe

The game had 0-0 written all over it until Hammel brought out the voodoo.

Didn't look like a penalty on the international stream, maybe the linesman felt bad for us due to the number of assaults Walsh let go. Sol was manhandled in the box not long after that too.

Thought Goncalves volley was goalbound near the end, would have been a b*****d, but I think that was the only real glimpse of danger for us, maybe Bevis was the problem. We should have got a second at the wend there but KVV was too knackered to be his usual greedy self.

Wasn't much of a game.

On the positive side for us Sol and Lamie starting together for the first time this season looked solid. Nouble barely threatened. Our attack was disjointed. Spittal didn't have a clue what to do in the firt half, Shields wasn't getting the breaks and  Van Veen was isolated.

Didn't see the hand ball but the linesman had the best view so no excuses if he got it wrong. Red card was soft for me. A high foot but not really any force behind it and it didn't break up an attack.

I await Davie Martindale's comments with glee

At least the Well fans on here are virtually magnanamous on that embarrassing decision. Fair play.Livi did not deserve to win that game,but didn't deserve to lose in that fashion either.Well were the better team imo only just though in an otherwise forgettable game for both.

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
20 minutes ago, Yorky said:
Swings and roundabouts, you’ve also had these decisions in your favour the same as everyone else.

I genuinely can't think of a game changing refereeing mistake that's gone in our favour in the last year

I certainly know Livi fans complain quite a bit about not getting the rub of the green. I do though remember at least a couple of decisions that went in your favour last season that could have changed things, certain red card in one game not given springs to mind.

A draw would probably have been a fair result today. Was never a penalty though and will need to take another at the red card. 
The first yellow was soft, and the second was a bit dangerous the way he went in, but unless I missed some other fouls, it seemed harsh to give him the two bookings without a warning at least.

Terrible game to watch,Motherwell were poor but Livingston took poor to another level ,no desire,no thrust,slow,wrong tactics,passing abysmal,Holt,Pittman,Kelly and Shinnie were they playing ?? go with this midfield every week you won't create many chances...very static none of them willing to get in the box,this has been an ongoing problem for a while,Livi play 5 midfielders and none of them are attack minded,Pittman runs about does nothing, looses the ball constantly   

George    6/10  Nothing to do
Devlin    6/10  Plenty of desire
Fitzwater 6/10  Steady 
Obileye   3/10  Not at his best
Montaño   4/10  Ok in patches 
Omeonga   5/10  Plenty of effort,runs around in circles
Holt      0/10  Done nothing
Kelly     0/10  What does he do, creates nothing
Shinnie   0/10  Slow, struggles to even run
Pittman   0/10  Invisible as usual
Nouble    3/10  No support

Esmael Gonçalves 6/10  Done ok