🔴🍀🟡 Patrick Thistle v The Thistle 🔴 ⚫

Tonight was what I’ve been expecting to see from the start of the season.. Highlight of the night? McCall showing they’ve actually been working on not losing goals to set pieces and being absolutely fucking raging because we did ! 

Season starts now for us !

More convinced than ever we'll give someone a 6 or 7 goal paddling this season if everything clicks, that was a very good performance though. 

Hopefully the knocks for Doc and Hodson aren't too bad, seemed like a dead leg or clash of knees for Doc but not sure about Hodson. Brownlie wasn't tested too much tonight but is definitely a bit chonky compared to where he should be. 

Milne was excellent and Tiff was more like 2021 Tiff, Graham took his goals well and Dowds is already better than anything else we've had since Rudden left as next in line. Mullen will get his chance as well. 

Taking the positives from the first 4 league games we've scored ten goals and beaten the relegated Premiership team and the losing play off finalist. On the other hand we've taken 1 point from the other 2 games and lost 5 goals from set plays in 4 games. That last stat is surely unsustainable if we keep working on it. 

Could very easily have been 6 or 7 for the Jags.Pitch played a big part in allowing our naturally fast passing game to make ICT look like  big, lumbering  ,Heilan  haddies.

No duds in our team tonight .MoTM …big Holt ,never put head or a foot wrong all night and smashed home a stonking penalty when under pressure from Graham to take header .

13 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Could very easily have been 6 or 7 for the Jags.Pitch played a big part in allowing our naturally fast passing game to make ICT look like  big, lumbering  ,Heilan  haddies.

No duds in our team tonight .MoTM …big Holt ,never put head or a foot wrong all night and smashed home a stonking penalty when under pressure from Graham to take header .

Goalies still a weakness

One of our best performances under McCall no doubt about it. The only downside was the late set piece goal and clearly the manager was frustrated about it too - and rightly so. I'd really like to see us go on a winning run now although it won't be 4-1 every week. An abundance of players you could pick out for MOTM, Tiffoney was first class and has me slightly concerned with a couple weeks left of the transfer window given I'd pretty much ruled him out staying this summer, Milne and McKinnon were outstanding as well as Lawless. Read that Graham's record for us is 40 goals in under 80 games, really impressive when you consider he's getting on in age too!

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

More convinced than ever we'll give someone a 6 or 7 goal paddling this season if everything clicks, that was a very good performance though. 

Hopefully the knocks for Doc and Hodson aren't too bad, seemed like a dead leg or clash of knees for Doc but not sure about Hodson. Brownlie wasn't tested too much tonight but is definitely a bit chonky compared to where he should be. 

Milne was excellent and Tiff was more like 2021 Tiff, Graham took his goals well and Dowds is already better than anything else we've had since Rudden left as next in line. Mullen will get his chance as well. 

Taking the positives from the first 4 league games we've scored ten goals and beaten the relegated Premiership team and the losing play off finalist. On the other hand we've taken 1 point from the other 2 games and lost 5 goals from set plays in 4 games. That last stat is surely unsustainable if we keep working on it. 

Hodson slotted in brilliantly btw, I was really disappointed to see him go off. I reckon Akinola is finished at Firhill though which is such a shame after his start with us.

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Hodson slotted in brilliantly btw, I was really disappointed to see him go off. I reckon Akinola is finished at Firhill though which is such a shame after his start with us.

Do we know if Hodson picked up an injury, or was IMC just wanting to give Brownlie 45 mins? Hodson looked solid first half. 

5 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

We put 3 past you without Tiff starting 😂🔥.

Feels a lot more meaningless when you only got 1 point from 6 against Hamilton and QPFC immediately after. Pretty clear already that consistency is the key in this league as ever, as any team can beat anyone on their day. A great win tonight, but considering all the chaos in Maryhill (aside from the usual) I reckon consistency will be a big ask for Mr. Shiteyshoes.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Feels a lot more meaningless when you only got 1 point from 6 against Hamilton and QPFC immediately after. Pretty clear already that consistency is the key in this league as ever, as any team can beat anyone on their day. A great win tonight, but considering all the chaos in Maryhill (aside from the usual) I reckon consistency will be a big ask for Mr. Shiteyshoes.

Actually feels like we are growing, finding ourselves if you will? No chaos tonight pal, just that winning feeling. 

Your right though being consistent is king. Good luck tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Can't see Inverness challenging for the title on this evidence.

Long way to go. If you'd seen Thistle last Saturday you would have said the same.

They don't seem to look as strong at the back as last season but things can change.

8 hours ago, G51 said:

Tough to see anyone beating Dundee to the title this year, but I'd fancy Thistle against anyone in the playoffs.

I'm usually quite pessimistic about our chances but this is the strongest squad Thistle have had for a few years. I think anyone that finishes above us is winning it.

We have 8 players competing for three places up front. As long as nobody comes in for him before the end of the month, we still have the best player in the league. Harry Milne is the best left back in the league and McMillan is strong on the other side. Bannigan, Turner and McKinnon are as good midfield three as you will find. Central defence has been an issue but injuries are clearing up.

We have the players. It's just a case of them playing well together. As the previous two games have shown us, that's not always going to be the case. I'm hoping we can get a bit of consistency and, if we can, we'll not be far away.

9 hours ago, Reid said:

As mentioned, we were excellent. Every one gets pass marks. Thought Bannigan was excellent, he looked back to his best tonight.

I thought after his yellow he’d wilt a bit ,instead it propelled him back to his imperious best .

Still think Holt MoTM ,he just gets on with the job and makes it look so easy .

12 hours ago, Stringer Bell said:

Can't see Inverness challenging for the title on this evidence.

I said before a ball was kicked they'd be lucky to make top four. I was given some, quite frankly, horrible abuse.

They were correct though. They're clinging on to top four!