Forfar v Elgin

10 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Some of the shouts at Irvine from the terraces were embarraisng. Had Elgin pretty much pinned into their own half the whole game . 

7 wins since boxing day. Frankly what's more embarrassing is that more people aren't concerned at how utterly grim it is so watch us be a completely different team each week. 

We can say what we like about the sheer incompetence of the officials today but ultimately the fact we had a man advantage for almost an hour & still struggled needs to be looked at. 

We've no real cutting edge. The goal early in the game we conceded was shambolic. Armour showed where a striker should be for his goal, matty just isn't the answer. The back 4... shaky at best & I'd agree Mark is becoming more error prone. 

Whilst some may like Irvine & Co they can surely see how poor on the whole we've been this calender year. No Plan B, constant sideways passing.... Sometimes they need to accept to win at this level, you don't need to play 'football' 

1 hour ago, Stirlingblue said:

Going by twitter it sounds like he has been allowed to continue....if so major questions need to be asked?

Agree, I was surprised that McCallum stayed on. Nditi had him in the recovery position, even if he passed the "concussion test" (not an expert, but what is entailed in the concussion test medical staff do to players) he should have been taken off.

Not sure we did a whole lot wrong. Shambolic officiating. Could have had 5 pens. No complaints about either of the ones awarded but everything in between was awful. 2 poor, poor goals to concede and another draw that should have been a win. Not time for panic stations yet but there is growing cause for concern.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Some of the shouts at Irvine from the terraces were embarraisng. Had Elgin pretty much pinned into their own half the whole game . 

52 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

7 wins since boxing day. Frankly what's more embarrassing is that more people aren't concerned at how utterly grim it is so watch us be a completely different team each week. 

I thought, bar the two calamities, we played some amazing football today. It’s hard when the opposition has everyone behind the ball and everyone is a clogger or a cart horse 

21 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I thought, bar the two calamities, we played some amazing football today. It’s hard when the opposition has everyone behind the ball and everyone is a clogger or a cart horse 

Totally agree we played good stuff at times. But putting the ball in the back of the net is a constant issue with us & as we all know, shambolic defending that leads to goals is one of our trademarks. 

The problem is, under Irvine we rarely put together a good 90 minutes, we always play well in stages. Last season was riddled with games we drew that we should've won. 

We can say what we like about the sheer incompetence of the officials today but ultimately the fact we had a man advantage for almost an hour & still struggled needs to be looked at. 

We've no real cutting edge. The goal early in the game we conceded was shambolic. Armour showed where a striker should be for his goal, matty just isn't the answer. The back 4... shaky at best & I'd agree Mark is becoming more error prone. 

Whilst some may like Irvine & Co they can surely see how poor on the whole we've been this calender year. No Plan B, constant sideways passing.... Sometimes they need to accept to win at this level, you don't need to play 'football' 

Surely one thing we should be better at is defending. Bollan, Weir, Malcolm and now Irvine, all defenders! Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised the footy isn’t always positive but should be better at the other end and surely they can identify good defenders!

7 wins since Boxing Day should be a worry for any club but I’d suggest it’s better having a good option to bring in before you make a change. Who’s out there that could have a positive attacking influence on the team?

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Saw a report that Young, the Elgin LB, was injured late…anyone know what it might be?

Looked like a hideous dive to kill time but maybe took a stud to the foot, doubt it’s anything major

14 minutes ago, Loon81 said:

Surely one thing we should be better at is defending. Bollan, Weir, Malcolm and now Irvine, all defenders! Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised the footy isn’t always positive but should be better at the other end and surely they can identify good defenders!

7 wins since Boxing Day should be a worry for any club but I’d suggest it’s better having a good option to bring in before you make a change. Who’s out there that could have a positive attacking influence on the team?

Guardiola could be begging for the job & the club would still pick the cheapest option available. 

1 minute ago, WeAreElgin said:

Good to see the Forfar massive are taking it well

tbh, I wouldn't have been shocked if elgin pumped us had it remained 11 vs 11.