Salman Rushdie

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Most of my knowledge of this comes from Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

Rushdie was great in that.  Telling Larry about the Fatwa Sex had me in stitches. 

Just watched it, very funny but a bit uncomfortable to watch given what just happened.

On 13/08/2022 at 09:32, coprolite said:

He is both real and fictional isn’t he?Depends what you mean by “mohammed”. There was probably a guy called Mohammed who was a leader of a faction or tribe out of Arabia.

There’s little evidence supporting lots of the things he’s supposed to have done. 

Like many contemporary religious stories there’s probably a blend of real events and complete fantasy. Eg St Columba probably did go to visit the King of the Picts but probably didn’t encounter the Loch Ness monster.

”James Bond” was a real historical person. There’s little supporting evidence of him fighting a man with metal teeth in the middle of a laser battle in a space station.

I do accept that there’s more reliable evidence for Mohammed and his military adventures than there is for Jesus and his seditious magic tricks. 

Or more fitting to this forum would be Ryan Jack.  Whilst he's very clearly a professional footballer as we can all see, I seriously doubt he was ever a CIA analyst and former US marine.

Eta: for complete avoidance of doubt, yes, I know it's a different name.

Edited by Hedgecutter