The Queen's XI vs The Queens - League Cup 2nd Rd, 30 Aug

Otis Blue

Genuine question:  What's the distinction here and why are you making it?
It looks like you're suggesting the cheque might therefore be smaller than anticipated.

The only thing I could think is if Rangers ST include LC games. I didn't think they would mind you. Or Rangers maybe gave out a lot of free tickets?

Thought Queens played well, and that i still had hope till the 86th min says a lot. Didn’t look like a prem vs 1st div outfit. 

I have to admit my hope of an equaliser went once Connelly was subbed. Then to bring on young Johnstone I found very bizarre. The boy hasn't played a minute for us so it was strange to see him come on in such a game. I'd like to say it was a "go and experience Ibrox" but then he'd surely have put his boy on. Maybe overthinking it but I took it as a message to the BoD that we need another CM.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The only thing I could think is if Rangers ST include LC games. I didn't think they would mind you. Or Rangers maybe gave out a lot of free tickets?

It doesn't include LC or SC home games. That 30,500 or so figure will be the actual exact number of sales. Looked like more than 60% full to me but perhaps I'm just a poor judge of that.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

30,000 was the attendance, not the ticket sales.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think this is just put out there as a wee teaser by SD - the ticket sales could have been either higher or lower (he doesn't say which).  Because of the club role he has at Queens, SD clearly knows the distinction in detail but is just teasing the readership here.  He could have just made it clear from the outset - but then again such details may have some commercial confidentiality implications and so he possibly feels he can only provide a hint.  Time will tell if he chooses to explain further or not.

I think the expression I was looking for was "being abstruse" - ie describing things that are not easily accessible to the lay reader or average person.

2 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Thought Queens played well, and that i still had hope till the 86th min says a lot. Didn’t look like a prem vs 1st div outfit. 

Aye, sounds as though we performed quite well and I've now seen the chip from Connelly which was sublime even if something of a gift from Sakala - regardless, the goal was not a "given" it took a moment of magic from Connelly to make it happen and left McGregor helpless.

I don't think we should get carried away though, this was not a "premier outfit" we were playing as the full Ibrox side that takes the field on Saturday in the OF derby would have hammered us last night.  GVB understandably took the opportunity to try out some promising youngsters.  But I'll take the positives: the cash, the fact that the team's confidence won't have been destroyed ahead of the important league game next Saturday, and maybe it will be a step along the path to help Gibson settle on a decent back line.  Job done.

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

How many tickets did Queens actually sell for their section in the end up?

We issued 925 tickets. Rangers said just under 900 actually turned up though.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It looks like you're suggesting the cheque might therefore be smaller than anticipated.

Rangers sell tickets to members of their Continuous Credit Scheme who are obliged to take them. They are not obliged to turn up though. I'd expect the accounted for gate to be higher than the attendance. The figure issued was definitely the physical attendance.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

In the league cup, the crowd given out is also the ticket sales. 

No, it isn't. It's the people who were physically there. Or at least it was last night.

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

It doesn't include LC or SC home games. That 30,500 or so figure will be the actual exact number of sales. Looked like more than 60% full to me but perhaps I'm just a poor judge of that.

It's not. Sales were well in excess of 30,500.

47 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I think this is just put out there as a wee teaser by SD - the ticket sales could have been either higher or lower (he doesn't say which).  Because of the club role he has at Queens, SD clearly knows the distinction in detail but is just teasing the readership here.  He could have just made it clear from the outset - but then again such details may have some commercial confidentiality implications and so he possibly feels he can only provide a hint.  Time will tell if he chooses to explain further or not.

I think the expression I was looking for was "being abstruse" - ie describing things that are not easily accessible to the lay reader or average person.

Ticket sales were much higher. There's no secret about the CCS Rangers use.

44 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I don't think we should get carried away though, this was not a "premier outfit" we were playing as the full Ibrox side that takes the field on Saturday in the OF derby would have hammered us last night.  GVB understandably took the opportunity to try out some promising youngsters. 

It was very much a B side from Rangers last night. I don't expect many of that side to start on Saturday but it was also not without plenty of quality. Six of them played in the Europa League Cup Final in May (McGregor, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield & Sakala) and Yilmaz cost them almost £3.5m in the summer. Rabbi Matondo is a Welsh international too.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Rangers sell tickets to members of their Continuous Credit Scheme who are obliged to take them. They are not obliged to turn up though. I'd expect the accounted for gate to be higher than the attendance. The figure issued was definitely the physical attendance.

No, it isn't. It's the people who were physically there. Or at least it was last night.

OK cheers.  Sounds good from our perspective.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So does all that mean the figure we effectively get a cut of, will be greater than the published 30,000?