The Queen's XI vs The Queens - League Cup 2nd Rd, 30 Aug

Otis Blue

Haven't seen the game, but not a bad night's work by the sounds of it - no doubt assisted by the Ibrox side testing out a few of their younger prospects.  Could have been a lot worse and not traumatised by a hammering.

Key result was the 30,000 crowd = decent sized cheque, nice!

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A comfortable win for Rangers in the end but fair play to Queens they were by no means an embarrassment. Played some decent football in short spells and though some dodgy defensive moments it was a decent performance overall at the back. Really need to build on this by keeping the same back four. I'd still prefer Gibson for McKenna but it doesn't look like it's happening.

Well done to the players and those mental enough to have travelled.

How was Stephen Hendrie?  Thistle seemed to think he was sound.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A comfortable win for Rangers in the end but fair play to Queens they were by no means an embarrassment. Played some decent football in short spells and though some dodgy defensive moments it was a decent performance overall at the back. Really need to build on this by keeping the same back four. I'd still prefer Gibson for McKenna but it doesn't look like it's happening.

Well done to the players and those mental enough to have travelled.

Yip, I've been kind of dreading tonight since the draw.  I thought it was utterly inconceivable that we'd get through, and perfectly conceivable that we'd get absolutely murdered by a ridiculous scoreline.  

I'm glad that's been avoided, that the Queens fans present got a moment, and that there will have been a few quid in it.

Time to move on now and see if we can get some league points.

How was Stephen Hendrie?  Thistle seemed to think he was sound.
Thought he looked ok tbh but can't say much more than that. He was at LB and the rare occasions we got forward he was always up with play. He actually had a great chance in the first half where he should have done better. Has to start for me on Saturday.

Lovely bit of skill from Yilmaz for Arfield's first and then he looks up to pick him out. 

Charlie McCann was great in his cameo. We really should give him more of a shot in certain games. Great through ball for Devine and then superb awareness with that back heel pass to Arfield.

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Decent crowd, some tv money, an embarrassing defeat avoided and a decent goal scored.

Job done.

Agreed. I didn't manage to catch any of the game but considering that most of us were predicting a slaughtering, myself included, it turned out not a bad night all things considered. Hopefully gives the players a bit of belief going into important league games now. 

34 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Decent crowd, some tv money, an embarrassing defeat avoided and a decent goal scored.

Job done.

More than a decent goal. A gorgeous first time finish is how I'd describe it.

Some finish from queens for their goal and a really impressive away crowd for a Tuesday night . Probably only Celtic , Hibs , hearts and Aberdeen  will better fill out that corner . Would say Dundee Utd aswell if they find a bit of form 

Good bit of squad rotation but Sakala as much as he tries I just don’t think has a career much longer at Ibrox . Will always have his song though 

The young bears and a few experienced players got it done, wasn't pretty at times and Qots actually played some decent fitba. 

Sakala isn't going to make it, just not a footballer. 

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

30,000 was the attendance, not the ticket sales.

Genuine question:  What's the distinction here and why are you making it?

It looks like you're suggesting the cheque might therefore be smaller than anticipated.