The Queen's XI vs The Queens - League Cup 2nd Rd, 30 Aug

Otis Blue

Not sure what Gibson will field. He really is on a hiding to nothing. I don't normally like to see us sitting in but I think it makes sense tonight. Is Paul McKay allowed to play? As poor as he's been I'd have him in. Not sure if Morrison is fit but I'd start him as well. Wilson likely won't play so it makes my lineup unrealistic really but something as close to this hopefully and we might keep the score down.

GK - Currie

LB - Quitongo
CB - East
CB - Morrison
CB - McKay
CB - D.McKay
CB - McKenna
CB - Hendrie
RB - Gibson

DM - Wilson
DM - McGrory

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure what Gibson will field. He really is on a hiding to nothing. I don't normally like to see us sitting in but I think it makes sense tonight. Is Paul McKay allowed to play? As poor as he's been I'd have him in. Not sure if Morrison is fit but I'd start him as well. Wilson likely won't play so it makes my lineup unrealistic really but something as close to this hopefully and we might keep the score down.

GK - Currie

LB - Quitongo
CB - East
CB - Morrison
CB - McKay
CB - D.McKay
CB - McKenna
CB - Hendrie
RB - Gibson

DM - Wilson
DM - McGrory

Is that the good old tried and tested "Levein" formation? 🤣

Genuinely though, what does a manager do in a situation like this?  You're early into the season, the new defence is shipping goals aplenty (4 to a nomadic Clyde side and 3 to an albeit possibly resurgent Falkirk side) and you have to go toe to toe with a squad oozing the sort of quality (even below the normal first XI choices) that is just unimaginable at uber-diddy level.  You've scanned the news headlines this morning to see that Bournemouth and The Tayside Arabs have sacked their managers after 9-0 drubbings at the hands of "galactico" squads (granted the EPL is an entirely different and parallel universe to this one).  You don't want your players completely demoralised and traumatised for an important league game on the coming Saturday and you also want to keep your job ... so in this real world you'd have to think that Gibson is going to try to shitfest his way through this and hope for an 85th minute breakaway goal which will maybe bring some respectability to the scoreline at say 5-1.  So aye, @19QOS19's team may not be that far off the mark ...

Yeah avoiding a total scudding tonight would be nice. I am very worried. I’d go for something like: 

GK - Currie

Defence - LB: Hendrie. CB: East; D McKay; McKenna. RB: Gibson

Midfield - CM: McGrory; Todd; Cochrane 

‘Forwards’ - Connelly just in behind Paton

Keeping it to 3 or less would be very reasonable. 

Edited by JK_Queens

I think we've got lucky that there's an Old Firm match at the weekend. GVB would be mental to field a strong side tonight. He may have been more tempted to put more first team players in tonight if they had a weaker team coming up.

Praying that theory is correct more than anything.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think we've got lucky that there's an Old Firm match at the weekend. GVB would be mental to field a strong side tonight. He may have been more tempted to put more first team players in tonight if they had a weaker team coming up.

Supposedly Devine, Leon King and Robbie Ure all starting tonight. Devine the oldest of them at 19.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yep. Add in the big shiny ECL group games into the Ibrox fixture list over the next couple of months and GVB would be mad not to use some squad players in this one. Should still be enough to see us off comfortably though.

12 minutes ago, DMCs said:

20220830_183733.thumb.jpg.28ec8894f26a19a59c32152597e9446e.jpg

No idea who is at centre half. King and Devine with Jack at RB? 

Has to be Jack and King with Devine at RB - that way it's only one out of position player.  It may not be that bad of a team really:

McGregor
Devine Jack King Ridvan
Arfield Davis Kamara
Matondo Ure Sakala

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stupidly or ballsy, Gibson certainly not lining up to sit in. 701df543a6f3bf19bd47c0fc00f5c490.jpg

I’ll plump for stupid, looks like a 4-2-3-1. Fair play though.

Dumping Paul McKay on the bench deserved - thought he might have been suspended but can’t recall the rules on cross competition suspension 

I’ll plump for stupid, looks like a 4-2-3-1. Fair play though.

Dumping Paul McKay on the bench deserved - thought he might have been suspended but can’t recall the rules on cross competition suspension 
He's eligible but Gibson wants to "freshen it up". Tbh, given he kept our best player out for a couple of games after his stupid red card then I'm glad to see McKay get the same treatment.