Rovers v East Fife

Difficult to know what to expect from this one. Rovers seem to be putting in decent performances but not quite getting the results so far. We've veered from looking excellent up at Elgin to being pretty abject last week against Bonnyrigg. I suspect this'll be a tighter affair. Unfortunately we're back to the old routine of praying that we're not too ravaged by injuries. Having at least one of Shepherd or Trouten back would be a big boost.

Pretty harsh on Albion Rovers not to take anything from that. A combination of poor finishing, bad luck, and Alan Fleming having an absolute stormer got us out of Coatbridge with the clean sheet. We created a decent number of chances ourselves and I thought it was a very entertaining game for a low scoring affair.

Joao Balde looked like an absolute stand out again and in the end it was very encouraging that we dug in and saw out the win under a bit of pressure, especially with what's still a very young side.

It could have gone either way, thankfully Liam Newton did the business with a tidy finish from a quality Ryan Schiavoni cross. 

Both teams deserve credit for serving up an entertaining game in 30 degrees heat. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

On 14/08/2022 at 08:28, Vodka Vic said:

Not much between the teams with the only exception is they can score from 2 yards out and we can’t so EF deserved the points in the end. Balde was excellent for them with some real quality balls coming into the box. 

Joao Balde will probably be the loan signing of the season.

For us anyway. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

Having just finished watching the highlights, all I can say is how on earth did we win that match? Flemming pretty much won us the 3 points. That reaction save from about a yard out was absolutely immense. 

Our defence is still looking very shaky with Murdoch an absolute shadow of his former self. So easily beaten these days. 

7 hours ago, monthefife said:

Having just finished watching the highlights, all I can say is how on earth did we win that match? Flemming pretty much won us the 3 points. That reaction save from about a yard out was absolutely immense. 

Our defence is still looking very shaky with Murdoch an absolute shadow of his former self. So easily beaten these days. 

I think credit has to be given to Nicky Riley, who looks like a prospect. Murdo had his number in the second half though. 

The average age of the starting line up was seriously damaged by Allan Fleming. 

Bloody Allan Fleming, ruining the whole day. 

Sounds like we certainly rode our luck and it’s a big 3 points against another team we will be competing with to avoid 10th.

So long as we keep taking points off of the likes of Albion Rovers, Elgin and Stranraer then the lofty heights of 7th shouldn’t be out of the question.