Alloa vs Edinburgh

Can't see a thread for this already so thought I'd start one. 

Will be missing this one myself but think that 3 points should be the aim here. With both teams level on points and Edinburghs strong win against Kelty on the opening day I think Edinburgh might be a little stronger than what I thought in pre season. 

There's probably a bit of Edinburgh being stronger, and Kelty having a poor start to the season - their early results before the league kick-off weren't great.

I'll still be surprised if Edinburgh aren't involved in the relegation battle, so you'd hope for the win, considering that we've started well (albeit with the traditional goalscoring issues).

An Effing left back called Callum Crane returns to the indorecs , there really is no easy games especially this term 

1 nil will do me 

AC, Real, Atletico Edinburgh or whatever they like to be called will be fairly confident but we should be favourites . 

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

An Effing left back called Callum Crane returns to the indorecs , there really is no easy games especially this term 

1 nil will do me 

AC, Real, Atletico Edinburgh or whatever they like to be called will be fairly confident but we should be favourites . 

I never knew Callum Crane had played for Alloa.

Who were you playing there, when he scored that goal ? 

Should be a good, tight game this one!  Wasps a good team especially at home.

23 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I never knew Callum Crane had played for Alloa.

Who were you playing there, when he scored that goal ? 

Should be a good, tight game this one!  Wasps a good team especially at home.

Crane was on loan for us whilst still at hibs, 2017 I believe. 

Ayr United we were playing in the video above. 

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

1 nil will do me 

@wuffstercapturing an epic moment in history.

Hoping we start Taggart at right back, guessing Scougall will be available based on Rice's post match interview. 

Hope Rodden gets an opportunity again, don't think he'll start but he made a difference when he came off the bench last week.

15 hours ago, Leedafc said:

Based on pars playing both teams so far. Granted Edinburgh were 10 men but by all accounts don't think they were up to much. Alloa were unlucky not to get a draw. Based on that I reckon an alloa win.

Based on the fact that If my granny had baws then she'd be my grandad!

It's not that simple though, and if the Edinburgh team that won at Kelty turns up then this will be a great game. Possibly a draw! 2-2 👍

Based on the fact that If my granny had baws then she'd be my grandad!
It's not that simple though, and if the Edinburgh team that won at Kelty turns up then this will be a great game. Possibly a draw! 2-2 [emoji106]

Not really based on that at all.

Alloa appear to have a strength in set plays, dead balls into the box were consistently their best attacks against us in the two matches we played, and Edinburgh struggled to deal with us in those situations too. Add in that Edinburgh looked very poor even before the sending off, and Alloa consistently competed against us, and I’d say Alloa on paper looked the better side by a decent margin.

Game might not end up that way, but it’s hardly an “if aunt had baws” assessment.

3 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

I think City will actually be better away from home this season. Playing inside an athletics track with the spectators 4 double deckers bus lengths away must be a bit demotivating. 

The dressing rooms look smaller than Ainslie Park's too :lol:

On 11/08/2022 at 18:31, RubyTuesday said:

I wonder if there is a hairdryer in there for Danny Handling?

There is 

There's a whole corridor full of hair dryers outside changing rooms for public to use. 

I did the "Meadowbank tour" on Thrusday and that did give me a chuckle

(Highly recommend the tour by the way, it's free also)

Well done to Edinburgh a deserved win today, played far more effective and good to watch football. I thought Robertson and Delferriere were both excellent for you 

It is very early days yet but today we were awful to watch and outplayed for the majority of the game. Another season of punting the ball up to Sammon in every game doesn't bare thinking about.

Also playing two of our best and most effective players, Kev and Taggart out of position doesn't work. The Centre Half's and keeper also had a nightmare. One positive was that Church and Cammy were good when they came on.

Hopefully Rice can get a few much needed quality loans in and change the shape of the team so Taggart and Kev play in their best positions 

Hogarth didn't have the best game today. The wall and his positioning for the free kick pretty much meant if it was on target, it was in. Looked dodgy when people pressed him. He's young so obviously still time to learn. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place when Muir is back, he was in the stand today so guessing he's not far off playing.

We need to find a way of lining up so Taggs is on the right. Edinburgh done well in keeping Scougs quiet, hopefully his injury isn't too bad, but not a good sign he's come off two weeks in a row.

Credit to Edinburgh, they were impressive on the counter.

Well, that was a shit show. City just hitting us constantly on the break to great effect, and we had very little to say about it in response. Their tactics were perfect, and they were able to sit back with plenty of time left on the clock. When we had the temerity to get a goal back, they just immediately hit us again and held us off like a big lad with long arms.

Bit worrying. City are definitely better than most will have expected, but that'll likely be one of the easiest wins they get on the road this season.

12 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Hopefully Rice can get a few much needed quality loans in and change the shape of the team so Taggart and Kev play in their best positions 

I remember one of the things the Hamilton fans warned us about Brian Rice was that he stuck with players in positions they weren't effective in. You'd really, really hope he's learned from that.