Clyde vs Kelty Hearts

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Red wines kicking in , good day out at yours but result sums up our season so far , can only get better 🤔🤔

Good luck for rest of the season bar the return game at your gaff of course. Roughly how many fans did you guys have at the game today? Not taking the piss, genuinely curious to know. 

20 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Good luck for rest of the season bar the return game at your gaff of course. Roughly how many fans did you guys have at the game today? Not taking the piss, genuinely curious to know. 

Looked about 80/100 odd from who I saw.

First half very shaky and Kelty dominant. Parry pulling off 3 magnificent saves which he really shouldn't have had to make. Switched on in the second half with a much better performance. Fantastic ping by big Sula for the assist. Great team spirit. Fantastic Mo Gomis today, took a wee bit to get up to standard but he cruised the second half. MOTM was Ray grant for me, dedication & fight to win back the ball. Peter grant im not 100% sure on every time he gets the ball he seems to feel the need to punt it away. Good defender, not so much with the ball at his feet. 

3 points, up eh road. 

Significantly more money available to Kelty manager than oor Danny, aye? Bit of a riddy for them but a wee reminder how lucky we are to have a manager like Lennon. Yes, he's made mistakes but given the budget constraints he's worked a minor miracle in assembling what looks to be a bloody good team this year. Absolute hero. 

3 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Significantly more money available to Kelty manager than oor Danny, aye? Bit of a riddy for them but a wee reminder how lucky we are to have a manager like Lennon. Yes, he's made mistakes but given the budget constraints he's worked a minor miracle in assembling what looks to be a bloody good team this year. Absolute hero. 

Kevin Thomson was saying in an interview the other day that he left because he wasn't backed enough ahead of this season but aye I'd imagine their wage bill still trumps ours by a fair bit. 

Despite having the better chances in the first half I thought Kelty were absolutely woeful today. Wasn't impressed by a single one of their players. League 2 must've been utter rancid last season. 

4 Things I liked and might not have seen last year:

1 not Shitting the bed when Kelty Had good chances they didn't convert in the 1st half.

2 Cunningham's bravery at his goal.

3 The confidence to find the extra pass to Cameron for goal 2.

4 Gomes  running like a greyhound to provide Cunningham with an option for goal 3, which he didn't need.

23 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

4 Things I liked and might not have seen last year:

1 not Shitting the bed when Kelty Had good chances they didn't convert in the 1st half.

2 Cunningham's bravery at his goal.

3 The confidence to find the extra pass to Cameron for goal 2.

4 Gomes  running like a greyhound to provide Cunningham with an option for goal 3, which he didn't need.

On that last point, it was very clever work of Gomis meaning that both defenders could not go to Cunningham thus giving him more space. He was fucking excellent today! 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the game today so the stream being made available at midnight was an absolute godsend.

What a difference it makes having three (or four?!) proper centre halves who can do the basics defensively (not to downplay other attributes like Sula's ability on the ball), with a bunch of runners in front. You can include Scullion in that, who is exceptionally unlucky not to be getting a start. Parry and Cunningham are giving the bit of quality in the two most important positions.

It is absolutely mindboggling that Ray Grant couldn't get a game for Stirling. Whilst a few of the other players went on to having storming games, he was excellent for the full 90. I think him and Gomis have shown they can play together. 

Things to work on; that's three games out of three where we've taken a bit of time to get into our stride; I'd probably get us to try and control the game rather than going full pelt. I think Agyeman's early chance was also the third time where we've given up a huge opportunity straight from our own corner kick. If we could also get Kennedy some new hamstrings then that would be ace as well as he can make that position his own.

5 hours ago, CM. said:

Kevin Thomson was saying in an interview the other day that he left because he wasn't backed enough ahead of this season but aye I'd imagine their wage bill still trumps ours by a fair bit. 

Despite having the better chances in the first half I thought Kelty were absolutely woeful today. Wasn't impressed by a single one of their players. League 2 must've been utter rancid last season. 

Heard the main cash guy was under investigation.

Mibs the bubble has burst and they're doing a Gretna ?

Astute man that Thomson.

9 hours ago, CM. said:

Haven’t they still got the majority of the squad who won the LL? That quality of player only get you so far up the pyramid. 

Wasn't sure what to expect from Kelty this season but certainly didn't expect a start like this. They also haven't played any of the promotion favourites yet, got Dunfermline, Montrose, Falkirk and QOS coming up, not that that necessarily means they are harder games, but hard to see where points are coming from.

Clyde seem to be doing better than most thought so far, I was quite impressed with their signings defensively and in midfield, I thought they'd lack a bit of quality going forward but that's partly my ignorance of some of the players they signed. Doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Haven’t they still got the majority of the squad who won the LL? That quality of player only get you so far up the pyramid. 

Suppose but a lot of them did sign for them from a higher level. Didn't think they'd be up challenging or anything this year but at the same time thought they'd be better than they showed yesterday. They'll beat Dunfermline next week now :lol: 

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Clyde seem to be doing better than most thought so far, I was quite impressed with their signings defensively and in midfield, I thought they'd lack a bit of quality going forward but that's partly my ignorance of some of the players they signed. Doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

Aye, McLean and P.Grant are probably as good as you'll get at this level centre half wise when you're part-time. They lack a bit of pace but more than make up for it in experience and reading of the game. Sula looks a solid addition and we still have Thicot to become available too. Bringing Ray Grant back is excellent business which has also made Gomis look like a different and better player. 

Moving Cunningham up front this season has been a great decision too, something which actually partly annoys me as we've completely wasted him in the last 2 seasons playing him out wide. Showing far more consistency up front so far and has taken all his goals very well. 

I'm struggling to remember us having many players as good as Gomis in terms of taking a technically good first touch into space. He sees the picture around him better than we see it from up in the stand.

1 hour ago, David W said:

I'm struggling to remember us having many players as good as Gomis in terms of taking a technically good first touch into space. He sees the picture around him better than we see it from up in the stand.

Great to watch how quality players read the game and create time and space, no matter their age.  Doesn't have to be all huff and puff ...