Rangers v St Johnstone 13/8/22

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Did Ross County fans boycott the game today in Paisley?

A total of 143 away fans.

No of course not. That's the usual RCo support that comes to Paisley and all credit to them.

They got a decent round of applause when the match attendance, and their contribution to it, was announced.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No of course not. That's the usual RCo support that comes to Paisley and all credit to them.

They got a decent round of applause when the match attendance, and their contribution to it, was announced.

It seemed a much smaller number than usual. I was not knocking them. I too applauded. It’s a lot to ask fans of all clubs to travel these distances with the cost of living crisis.

I believe we will see attendances plummet over the next few years.

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Apparently the Saintees fans boycotted this game today. Did anyone notice any difference from their usual attendance?

The Saints fans didn't boycott. The ultras group boycotted, as is their prerogative.

Edited by Radford

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If a player is offside he is offside whether the ball goes backwards, forwards, straight up in the air or through an underground tunnel dug by a rabbit prematch.

How far up the ladder did you get get craig? I was laughably shit at Cat 5 which is probably the same as Cat 4 nowadays, it really isn't as easy as it looks.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

How far up the ladder did you get get craig? I was laughably shit at Cat 5 which is probably the same as Cat 4 nowadays, it really isn't as easy as it looks.

I was still on the upward rise through amateur football when my personal circumstances changed and I stopped doing it. I enjoyed it though, a good way to keep fit and stay involved with football.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was still on the upward rise through amateur football when my personal circumstances changed and I stopped doing it. I enjoyed it though, a good way to keep fit and stay involved with football.

The fitness aspect is often overlooked, as is the capacity to make split second decisions when you are physically fatigued, I would have loved to have had a smartwatch back then to see just how far I had run during a game.