Rangers v St Johnstone 13/8/22

I’ll probably head down, but I can probably still pass for an 17-year-old so will at least get it slightly cheaper. Can’t imagine too many will bother and rightly so

Edited by PSJ.84

Heading through to this swithered for a day about whether or not it'll be worthwhile but bought a ticket earlier on,  be first game I've seen this season and probably only one I'll see in August due to combination of work, being away on holiday, and a complete lack of motivation to travel to Perth for the Ayr game.

At the end of the day if Saints loose ill get over it by the time I'm on my 2nd pint post match, however if Saints were to get a result and I missed it I'll regret not going for a lot longer.

With Captain Phillips on board it’s hard to see anything other than a Saints win here, further sinking rangers’ hopes for this season.

Matthews    
          McGowan Mitchell Considine

Wright                                         Montgomery

Phillips

Hallberg MacPherson Carey

Bair

Hardh not to start our two goalscorers from last week, but having players who can make an impact from the bench will be useful.
May has performed well in the two league matches so far in very limited minutes so probably deserves a start, but I think we need to stick with Bair in the hope that a run of games will lead to him finding form.

Are we currently better or worse than the Saints team that won 3-1 there in the league 4-5 years ago?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

With Captain Phillips on board it’s hard to see anything other than a Saints win here, further sinking rangers’ hopes for this season.

Matthews    
          McGowan Mitchell Considine

Wright                                         Montgomery

Phillips

Hallberg MacPherson Carey

Bair

Hardh not to start our two goalscorers from last week, but having players who can make an impact from the bench will be useful.
May has performed well in the two league matches so far in very limited minutes so probably deserves a start, but I think we need to stick with Bair in the hope that a run of games will lead to him finding form.

Are we currently better or worse than the Saints team that won 3-1 there in the league 4-5 years ago?

I’d be inclined to say worse but that team included Denny Johnstone so it could be closer than you think…

I notice the FCU are boycotting the game due to ticket costs. 

Can see this being a regular occurrence this season. Ticket prices really are starting to frustrate people.

I guess the positives we can take into this are that in two games so far we’ve restricted our opposition to very, very few chances and the two goals we’ve conceded have both been silly own goals from corners rather than being cut open at any point.

Obviously this will be a huge step up in class of opposition, but it probably suits us to not actually be expected to attack at any stage…

It’s actually laughable how Old Firm fans (football fans in general tbh) manage to take something like the FCU’s boycott so personally and as an attack on their club. The tit for tat mentality is absolutely mind boggling. 

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

It’s actually laughable how Old Firm fans (football fans in general tbh) manage to take something like the FCU’s boycott so personally and as an attack on their club. The tit for tat mentality is absolutely mind boggling. 

I've seen some responses claiming it's simply using Rangers to get fame and other equally weird responses of "I'll pay no matter what to support my team it shouldn't matter the cost, this is just an excuse not to attend. I'd be there no matter what!" like its some weird badge of honor being a fucking mug.

When tribalism is so deeply engrained some individual's will never ever accept when criticism and their football club are mentioned in the same breath. We see the same amoungst our support. 

Its up to people whether they support it or not but unless fans including Old Firm ones support and contribute to tangible efforts. Prices will continue to go up. 

We're already at the point where next summer it'll be £35+ for Old Firm fans around the country as well as for away fans visiting the Old Firm. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I've seen some responses claiming it's simply using Rangers to get fame and other equally weird responses of "I'll pay no matter what to support my team it shouldn't matter the cost, this is just an excuse not to attend. I'd be there no matter what!" like its some weird badge of honor being a fucking mug.

When tribalism is so deeply engrained some individual's will never ever accept when criticism and their football club are mentioned in the same breath. We see the same amoungst our support. 

Its up to people whether they support it or not but unless fans including Old Firm ones support and contribute to tangible efforts. Prices will continue to go up. 

We're already at the point where next summer it'll be £35+ for Old Firm fans around the country as well as for away fans visiting the Old Firm. 

Talk about taking it personally 

The number of these types of posts is pretty galling 

17 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Talk about taking it personally 

The number of these types of posts is pretty galling 

One post deleted rather quickly was a Rangers fan from Perth telling us to sell out our own ground, as I went to respond he’d deleted it obviously sensing the open goal. 😂

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

One post deleted rather quickly was a Rangers fan from Perth telling us to sell out our own ground, as I went to respond he’d deleted it obviously sensing the open goal. 😂

What's the attendance at McDiarmid got to do with the price of away fan tickets anyway?

I see this debate all the time as well. If you half the price you'll get loads more fans. I find it incredible people don't understand that if you half the price, you need to sell double to make up the difference.