The Tony Macaronis v The Martin Boyle Macaroni munching G & W Army - 13/08

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Montano on Boyle wasn't clever, and could easily have been off for 2nd yellow 5 mins later for his tackle on Henderson.

Seems Martindale agreed as he subbed him a few mins later.

Yep, Porteous was still trying to get him booked running over and getting in his face pushing him, Montano to his credit kept his hands down and didn't rise to it, then Holt ran in and gave Porteous a shove to take things away from Montano.

Boyle gave Montano a hard time, same as the Sevco player did when Martindale had to sub him after the ref basically signalled it was his last warning, like you see in a pre season friendly. Seems to struggle against Pacey players.

23 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Poor result. We need to get diddy teams with no support out of this league and get clubs like Dunfermline, Dundee and Falkirk to replace them. Clubs with a heritage. 

Poor result, we need to get diddy teams that get humped 5-0 playing Celtic at home out of this league, and keep in teams like Livi who can actually take points off them. 

46 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Boyle gave Montano a hard time, same as the Sevco player did when Martindale had to sub him after the ref basically signalled it was his last warning, like you see in a pre season friendly. Seems to struggle against Pacey players.

It was Cancar, struggling against Scott Wright, who was subbed off in that match and Montaño came on to replace him.

Just now, FreedomFarter said:

It was Cancar, struggling against Scott Wright, who was subbed off in that match and Montaño came on to replace him.

f**k so it was, both struggling with pacey players then, Cancar has pace himself right enough but was a bit clumsy with his tackles.

I don't expect the manager to come out and slate players in interviews but if Johnson's going to mention some of them not being good enough, he's having a laugh saying it's only two or three.  Deary me.

I thought one of the only positives for us was Youan. I don't think he's a lone striker though, he seems to do his best work drifting around into space. A Doidge from a years ago type player with Boyle and Youan feeding off them would be nice. Emphasis on a few years ago because Doidge looks ready for the glue factory now.

In terms of a focal point up front, I'm slightly jealous of Livi having Nouble from what I saw yesterday. I was looking at his wikipedia there and I find it surprising that he's 26 and has played at such a terrible level before now. Congrats for identifying a late bloomer if that's what has happened. 

Edited by Patrick Noubissie

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I've watch Nouble's goal and build up from several angles and still cant work out what the Hibs "defence" were doing/thinking.

They knew putting a tackle into the big man was futile, so they just sat back watching and admiring his quick feet and skill, as he coasted towards their goal before sticking the ball in their net.