The Tony Macaronis v The Martin Boyle Macaroni munching G & W Army - 13/08

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

As for the Boyle statement? As someone who has seen many a Boyle dive, I dont think it was one tbqhwy - Omeyonga stuck a tackle in and he went over, it wasnt a dive, nor was it a penalty. That was my assessment at the time, and I think thats right having seen it back.

Seems fair enough to me; camera angle was pretty poor and my view from the stand wasnt much better.

I think what got most people upset was the hysterics afterwards where he was trying to claim a penalty. I think realising he was already on a yellow, meant that he didn't take it too fa.

Boyle coming on certainly caused us some problems with his speed which Montano seemed to struggle with. Replacing him with Cancar calmed the danger a bit. The diving bit has somewhat coloured peoples' view of what is otherwise a very effective attacking player.

I am also a bit mystified by Porteous' need to cover about half the pitch to start pushing players as soon as there's a free kick; seemed completely unnecessary and he runs the risk of getting booked each time. Maybe that accounted for his record number of red cards last season.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Seems fair enough to me; camera angle was pretty poor and my view from the stand wasnt much better.

I think what got most people upset was the hysterics afterwards where he was trying to claim a penalty. I think realising he was already on a yellow, meant that he didn't take it too fa.

Boyle coming on certainly caused us some problems with his speed which Montano seemed to struggle with. Replacing him with Cancar calmed the danger a bit. The diving bit has somewhat coloured peoples' view of what is otherwise a very effective attacking player.

I am also a bit mystified by Porteous' need to cover about half the pitch to start pushing players as soon as there's a free kick; seemed completely unnecessary and he runs the risk of getting booked each time. Maybe that accounted for his record number of red cards last season.

Boyle is Porteous wee pal, looking after him.

What was completely ridiculous was him pulling Boyle away from Montano then doing all the finger pointing - hilariously juvenile !!

11 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Sean Kelly going from a meme character to a deserved starter in a new position is not what I expected back in March.

I think Kelly's better as one of the outside centre mids rather than the central holder. Martindale has made that change with Kelly the last two matches and yesterday was Kelly's best performance in a Livi shirt, for me. Holt going back to his Mascherano role yesterday and last week, while not the optimum use of Holt it is still the best option currently. Hopefully Bitsindou will make a case for himself as the central holder in time.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Boyle's impact was immense. Won the free kick Hibs equalised from. Hit the outside of the post with a snapshot. Forced Livi into replacing our attacking left back with a more conservative one. Laid on a last minute chance which Bojang probably should've scored with.

17 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Newell and Hanlon getting a lot of stick but Kenneh's "attempt" at tracking back for Nouble's goal is a disgrace. A bigger shitebag you won't find. Deserves dropped immediately for that.

Don't think he was scared to challenge, looked lazy to me and perhaps he had more of an expectation than the rest of us that Hanlon would have done more than just stick a leg out to halt the attack. Didn't expect to get anything from that game and so it transpired. Martindale must have been lauging his cock off when he saw Hanlon, just back from injury, starting on a 1G pitch. I think there will be better teams than us coming a cropper against Livi this season especially at home.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Shocked to see livi win a game yet some of their fans to still be raging about it. 

Says more about you than Livi fans that you're still upset about it, let it go min, it was last season and it's gone.

Folk like discussing flash points in games whether they win or lose, may be a shock revelation for you, but that's part and parcel of football forums.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Says more about you than Livi fans that you're still upset about it, let it go min, it was last season and it's gone.

Folk like discussing flash points in games whether they win or lose, may be a shock revelation for you, but that's part and parcel of football forums.

I’m sorry, but no greenies for ‘I’m not upset, you are’. 

11 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Kenneh.  Ah f**k it, its not my job to close down.

Cabraja and Porteous aren't much better, both hang back waiting for Kenneh to put in a tackle instead of getting in there themselves. Cadden and Cabraja must have had PTSD flashbacks last night after facing Nouble.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dearie me, that isn't healthy mate, seriously, you need to let it go, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

I know man, thanks for the advice. I guess I just have to realise that livis pitch style of football works for them and they’re not here to entertain. Fair play to you. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Boyle is Porteous wee pal, looking after him.

What was completely ridiculous was him pulling Boyle away from Montano then doing all the finger pointing - hilariously juvenile !!

Looked like he was trying to get a reaction out of Montano to get him sent off, when Holt got in there between him and Montano the finger pointing started, then Nouble stepped in too trying to calm it down. Realising Montano was out of it now and not getting involved with him, all he could do was finger point to try and keep up with the pretence.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked like he was trying to get a reaction out of Montano to get him sent off, when Holt got in there between him and Montano the finger pointing started, then Nouble stepped in too trying to calm it down. Realising Montano was out of it now and not getting involved with him, all he could do was finger point to try and keep up with the pretence.

Montano on Boyle wasn't clever, and could easily have been off for 2nd yellow 5 mins later for his tackle on Henderson.

Seems Martindale agreed as he subbed him a few mins later.