The Tony Macaronis v The Martin Boyle Macaroni munching G & W Army - 13/08

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Just watched the highlights. Livi were good, Nouble a real handful.  Defending from Hibs for both goals was dreadful, Johnson will rightly be raging.

Boyle's dive was pathetic.

Which one? The guy is a horrendous cheat. Vastly overrated player who would have half the goals he does if referees stopped buying his histrionics.

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Our lad has all the tools but just doesn’t seem to be able to bring it together. Sadly I think he might go the same way as Billy King. 

Hes shit.  King was decent for your lot after your first relegation in the past 10 years. 

28 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd argue we're playing better football now than we ever have under Martindale. Some great quick passing between our midfield and now we have guys like Nouble, Montano, Omeonga and Shinnie who are very good with the ball at their feet

Nice football but a bit too rigid to be better than last season's period with Forrest, Anderson and Bailey up top. Can't argue with the approach, the run of fixtures was horrible on paper.

7 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

We really need to be smarter at grounds such as this in future because as much as we want to play the fast, free flowing football we are known the country over for, teams like Livingston are never going to allow that, Wether it be physically or by their great leveller(the pitch).  Livingston perform the “dark arts” of football so well, very streetwise, very physical (I feared the worse when melkerson went off injured)

Fair enough there’s not much, if any, actual footballing ability in their side but they more than make up for that with the blood and thunder aspects of the game. As we’ve seen It’s a god Dam effective game plan in This country whereas Hibs are more suited to a European style of play.

I also think our manager and players really underestimated Livingston today and paid the price for it. Just because we haven’t heard of any of their players, doesn’t mean we can just turn and beat them. This game was a cup final for their team and fans. There was a real carnival atmosphere in West Lothian today, the  whole town was out for This one.

Fast free flowing football 🤡,you invented a Fukin time machine?

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would rather have him than Doidge. 

At least Nouble can score unlike that useless c**t. 

Him adding goals to his game is an added bonus for us this season, was still an awesome player last season with his overall play getting us up the pitch and making things happen. But yeah, the fact he's scoring goals now is getting plenty attention on sportscene etc, and i doubt we'll be able to hold onto him much longer.

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just watched the highlights. Livi were good, Nouble a real handful.  Defending from Hibs for both goals was dreadful, Johnson will rightly be raging.

Boyle's dive was pathetic.

Correct, and he has said that 2-3 players were "not good enough".  I would say 4, but thats maybe just me.

Doidge and Hanlon were weak as f**k for the goals, thankfully Hanlon wasnt there last week as he is clearly not yet fit.

As any Hibs fan on here will tell you, while we have some decent options returning from injury, right now we need a CH, CF and a CM that doesnt have "defensive" in their bio.

As for the Boyle statement? As someone who has seen many a Boyle dive, I dont think it was one tbqhwy - Omeyonga stuck a tackle in and he went over, it wasnt a dive, nor was it a penalty. That was my assessment at the time, and I think thats right having seen it back.

Nice football but a bit too rigid to be better than last season's period with Forrest, Anderson and Bailey up top. Can't argue with the approach, the run of fixtures was horrible on paper.
Can't say I'd describe us as rigid....certainly organised in defence but in an attacking sense we seem very fluid with Nouble, Pittman, Shinnie and even Omeonga interchanging positions.

17 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Can't say I'd describe us as rigid....certainly organised in defence but in an attacking sense we seem very fluid with Nouble, Pittman, Shinnie and even Omeonga interchanging positions.

I'll give you that, the 5 midfielders can switch roles between each other. I meant rigid in the sense that it has felt like Nouble up top with a relatively deep 5 players behind him (usually Shinnie and Pittman slightly advanced as 8s). May just have been because we've led so early against Hibs and Rangers and have tried to remain compact. 

I'm on board with the tactics, I should say. Very effective in all 3 league games so far.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

As for the Boyle statement? As someone who has seen many a Boyle dive, I dont think it was one tbqhwy - Omeyonga stuck a tackle in and he went over, it wasnt a dive, nor was it a penalty. That was my assessment at the time, and I think thats right having seen it back.

You've just made all that up and I'm concerned you've convinced yourself it's true.

Omeonga pulls out of the tackle and Boyle throws himself to the ground, he even gets up trying to tell the ref he was kicked in the chest :lol:

Last season the attacking strategy was high octane. Bursting forward quickly with Bailey's and especially Forrest's direct dribbling, often trying to catch the opposition on the hop (or "in transition"). Topically, that Forrest winner in the 3-2 win for us at Easter Road last season was maybe the best example of what was being aimed for.

So far this season the attacking strategy is lower tempo and more elaborate. More passing among all the midfielders which is by design to give the full backs the time to overlap wide. In possession, you see Kelly and Omeonga taking up the full back spaces vacated by Devlin and Montaño who've moved high into wide attack positions.

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

You've just made all that up and I'm concerned you've convinced yourself it's true.

Omeonga pulls out of the tackle and Boyle throws himself to the ground, he even gets up trying to tell the ref he was kicked in the chest :lol:

Its a forum chief, you are entitled to disagree it makes no odds to me.

There was also another penalty claim for us where Hanlon and Devlin were grappling at a corner - looked to me that Hanlon was hauled so it was either a foul or a pen - imo it was a pen, but it was one which could have gone either way. As it happened, the ref.........inexplicably............asked for the corner to be retaken.

That and Devlin taking out our fullback only to get a free kick leading to your winner were bizarre decisions by the ref - sometimes these things happen, we should have defended the fk better.

That Livingston fans, though, turn his performance into a "Hibs should have had 2 men sent off" is comedy stuff.

Everything isnt black and white, sometimes players are tackled and its just a tackle.

5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Isn't that the correct thing to do if the tussle started before the ball was kicked into play?

Yep, but it didnt look like that was the scenario from my view.

I think the ref was hopeless, lost control at one point and called a water break as he had run out of options.

Omeonga went to tackle but pulled out, Boyle threw himself down in an attempt to con the ref and even claimed (as did a, clearly visually impaired Hibs supporter on here) that he was kicked in the chest which is some going considering Omeonga's never got above waist height. It's never (regardless of how vociferously Hibs fans protest) a penalty, even Johnson agreed. It should, however, have been second yellow for Boyle regardless of how soft his first booking was. The challenge between the Hibs LB (on a yellow) and Devlin looked like a normal coming together on first viewing but the Hibs boy grabbed Devlin and hauled him down which, not only injured Devlin, but was cynical in that it impeded Devlin from breaking away. A case for a second yellow for the Hibs player. I get the ref has tried to keep it 11 v 11