The Tony Macaronis v The Martin Boyle Macaroni munching G & W Army - 13/08

We really need to be smarter at grounds such as this in future because as much as we want to play the fast, free flowing football we are known the country over for, teams like Livingston are never going to allow that, Wether it be physically or by their great leveller(the pitch).  Livingston perform the “dark arts” of football so well, very streetwise, very physical (I feared the worse when melkerson went off injured)

Fair enough there’s not much, if any, actual footballing ability in their side but they more than make up for that with the blood and thunder aspects of the game. As we’ve seen It’s a god Dam effective game plan in This country whereas Hibs are more suited to a European style of play.

I also think our manager and players really underestimated Livingston today and paid the price for it. Just because we haven’t heard of any of their players, doesn’t mean we can just turn and beat them. This game was a cup final for their team and fans. There was a real carnival atmosphere in West Lothian today, the  whole town was out for This one.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

We really need to be smarter at grounds such as this in future because as much as we want to play the fast, free flowing football we are known the country over for, teams like Livingston are never going to allow that, Wether it be physically or by their great leveller(the pitch).  Livingston perform the “dark arts” of football so well, very streetwise, very physical (I feared the worse when melkerson went off injured)

Fair enough there’s not much, if any, actual footballing ability in their side but they more than make up for that with the blood and thunder aspects of the game. As we’ve seen It’s a god Dam effective game plan in This country whereas Hibs are more suited to a European style of play.

I also think our manager and players really underestimated Livingston today and paid the price for it. Just because we haven’t heard of any of their players, doesn’t mean we can just turn and beat them. This game was a cup final for their team and fans. There was a real carnival atmosphere in West Lothian today, the  whole town was out for This one.

We played a lot of good football in the first half and Hibs came out in the second to make it a battle. We're good at what we do but we don't rely on a single player to do it all for us.

Was never a cup final though, just another routine win against Hibs

Edited by ATLIS

Must admit when that equaliser went in ,I thought here we go again.Domination for 50 or so mins then Hibs got back into it.Couple of dodgy decisions by the officials for both sides.End of the day Livi just about deserved this due to their perseverance. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We played a lot of good football in the first half and Hibs came out in the second to make it a battle. We're good at what we do but we don't rely on a single player to do it all for us.

Was never a cup final though, just another routine win against Hibs

I don’t think that’s how the game went at all but your entitled to your opinion buddy. 

I just googled Livingston and I see that they were formed in 1995 so maybe that’s why you don’t know as much about football as me, you’ve just not had as much experience that’s all.

go out and enjoy that win today…..Livingston earned it.

6 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I don’t think that’s how the game went at all but your entitled to your opinion buddy. 

I just googled Livingston and I see that they were formed in 1995 so maybe that’s why you don’t know as much about football as me, you’ve just not had as much experience that’s all.

'Dom' not enjoying his team getting a whipping today.

11 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

There's not been a year that Livi haven't existed in my life, so who knows :D Maybe showing your age a bit

Edited by ATLIS

32 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Patronising bullshit. Nouble has more talent in his pinky finger than most of that Hibs team. We have the smallest midfield in the league in Pittman, Holt and Omeonga. 

The best team won as we have several times against your lot recently both on our pitch and yours….btw we took more points away than home last season and this season so far it’s 3 points away on grass and 3 points at home on plastic and we lost our other game…..at home on the plastic.

23 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I think you need to revisit the assessment of your knowledge of football. You stated in a previous post that Hibs play a free flowing brand of football and are more suited to a European style game. There is only 2 things to say about this.

1) both assertions are absolute p*sh

2) for confirmation revisit your home game against Mamo.

4 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Patronising bullshit. Nouble has more talent in his pinky finger than most of that Hibs team. We have the smallest midfield in the league in Pittman, Holt and Omeonga. 

The best team won as we have several times against your lot recently both on our pitch and yours….btw we took more points away than home last season and this season so far it’s 3 points away on grass and 3 points at home on plastic and we lost our other game…..at home on the plastic.

Rattled imo

Just watched the Boyle penalty claim on Alba. Omeonga goes as if to make an attempt on the ball but decides against it as Boyle is getting there first. Presumably anticipating Omeonga making an attempt, Boyle goes to ground. So he simulated a foul and should've been booked. Not sent off, though, because he'd been wrongly booked earlier when it was Porteous not him who'd clashed with Montaño.

Alba didn't show replays so it's possible I've not watched it closely enough. Sportscene will fully analyse it later, anyway.

Probably the closest game to the definition "a game of two halves" as you'll see this season

First half Livi were incredible - pressing in numbers, moving the ball smartly and playing to Nouble's strengths, resulting in a fine goal. Pittman and Nouble also had a couple of chances to make it 2

Second half - different story. Hibs matched the intensity and with Boyle they had an outlet that's proven quality. It looked like the equaliser was a bit fortuitous, but deserved given how the game was going and the number of set plays Hibs had. 

I thought the Anderson sub helped, as it allowed an attacker to press Kenneh without the midfield opening up. Great ball in by Kelly (following on from Shinnie's good deliveries this season) It's good to see that, even in a half that we're under pressure, we can still fashion chances like Anderson's and Nouble's

If I was a Hibs fan I'd be raging. Only Marshall, Younn and Kennah played well, the rest either were poor and past it (Hanlon and Doidge), out of form (Henderson and Porteous) or just shite (Tavares and Newell) Kenneh, Henderson and Magennis might be a decent Premiership midfield, but it must be worrying how quickly the relience falls on young players that don't look up to it. 

I like Hibs, but Lee Johnson seems a bit of an arrogant arsepiece tbh. Seen a comment saying he maybe underestimated Livi above - that certainly fits in with my perception of him.

Poster recently really has to check his history for this wee so called diddy team since 1995.And before our decendants from our Meadowbank and Ferranti  bretheren start firing on all cylinders. Let's have a look.For those of interest.5 championships 2 promotions to higher leagues, represented our country in Europe 3 national Cup finals ,two which we won,sorry Hibs.Missed by a baw hair of making it 3 consecutive top six finishes.No bad from the afored mention 1995.And it goes on.🦁👍👏.

2 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Poster recently really has to check his history for this wee so called diddy team since 1995.And before our decendants from our Meadowbank and Ferranti  bretheren start firing on all cylinders. Let's have a look.For those of interest.5 championships 2 promotions to higher leagues, represented our country in Europe 3 national Cup finals ,two which we won,sorry Hibs.Missed by a baw hair of making it 3 consecutive top six finishes.No bad from the afored mention 1995.And it goes on.🦁👍👏.

You think he was being serious?

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Livi fans absolutely desperate for us to all be ragin and start some online arguments.

Sorry guys, we are far too cool for that business. 

Livi play as a well oiled team full of players that have weakness but the fight and determination make up for that.  We have a jumble sale of a an over priced bunch of chancers we keep hoping come good. Today is anything but a shock.

Edited by Hoose Rice