The Tony Macaronis v The Martin Boyle Macaroni munching G & W Army - 13/08

57 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Looking forward to seeing Nouble bully Porteous although I'd like to see Anderson come into the team to give us a more clinical finisher

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Nouble is going to make Porteous cry :D 

Tempted to stick a tenner on a Nouble red card to balance this out a bit.

We're going to stick with Nouble as a No9 and Anderson getting bench sores sitting on his arse aren't we?

Nouble is doing a lot better than last season playing as a target man No9 right enough, but he just isn't a great finisher (goan Joel score a hattrick to shut my puss), i'd still rather we had Anderson centre of a front 3 and Nouble on either side,  with either Mullin or Bahamboula. Hoping cause it's at home we'll revert back to 4-3-3, but Martindale sticks like f**k to something he sees working once, ok twice it worked well enough against Sevco for 60 mins, it's murder to watch though as we've no cutting edge up front and relying on a goal  out of nowhere from players that don't usually score, and have been lucky so far with Nouble and Montano getting their first goals for us.

Was feeling pretty confident about this fixture when they came out, Boyle signing back up for Hibs changes things, we've done well against them with or without Boyle right enough so f**k it, we're still going to win this, and keep Lothian's natural order of Hibs being our bitches. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Can't make this one, as I am taking my mum out to an actual Tony Macaroni restaurant for her birthday.

Reveal hidden contents

ricky gervais laughing GIF

f**k that, as if I would risk food poisoning taking her to one of those fucking holes

Tony Macaroni is pretty decent. 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We're going to stick with Nouble as a No9 and Anderson getting bench sores sitting on his arse aren't we?

Nouble is doing a lot better than last season playing as a target man No9 right enough, but he just isn't a great finisher (goan Joel score a hattrick to shut my puss), i'd still rather we had Anderson centre of a front 3 and Nouble on either side,  with either Mullin or Bahamboula. Hoping cause it's at home we'll revert back to 4-3-3, but Martindale sticks like f**k to something he sees working once, ok twice it worked well enough against Sevco for 60 mins, it's murder to watch though as we've no cutting edge up front and relying on a goal  out of nowhere from players that don't usually score, and have been lucky so far with Nouble and Montano getting their first goals for us.

I think its by design rather than by luck. The 4-3-2-1 has us playing with effectively three holding/controlling centre mids (albeit the outer two have licence to progress forward at times). That offers the cover to the full backs to bomb forward. Which is why we saw left back Cancar score against Kelty then right back Devlin setting up left back Montano's goal yesterday. This formation has got Omeonga, Holt, Pittman and Shinnie all in the side and in their most effective positions. Pittman is freed up to surge beyond the front line again as we saw with his chance yesterday. Nouble's hold up play is immense which makes him the ideal foil for the two attacking midfielders behind him and the advanced full backs wide of him. We've also looked more defensively solid these last two matches than we did last season.

As you say,it's unfortunate for Anderson and also for Bahamboula, who had an excellent League Cup group showing.

Good to see the Livingston fans have moved on from being riled by Martin Boyle to being riled by Ryan Porteous.

Wonder who’ll be the next figure to receive West Lothian based P&B headsgone.

My money is going to go towards Marijan Cabraja.

On 08/08/2022 at 14:57, Leith Green said:

Beaten us 3 X on the trot iirc?

Is there a law of averages somewhere??

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

If livi have averaged 3 points per game in the past 3 games then the law of averages would suggest another 3 points for livi.