Falkirk Vs Peterheed

23 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What was the red card for? 

I'd like to know that as well. I didn't think it was any more than a yellow but I'd have to see it again. Ref was convinced immediately and was obviously closer so I'll go with his decision

34 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'd like to know that as well. I didn't think it was any more than a yellow but I'd have to see it again. Ref was convinced immediately and was obviously closer so I'll go with his decision

Somehow missed two stick on pen's, out of three claims*, in two minutes.

*The second wasn't.

The Peterhead Keeper was the best player on show. 4/5 outstanding saves.

41 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I think it was a reckless tackle, hence the red. He intentionally caught McCanns standing/trailing leg and made no attempt to play the ball

Just now, kiddy said:

Somehow missed two stick on pen's, out of three claims*, in two minutes.

*The second wasn't.

The Peterhead Keeper was the best player on show. 4/5 outstanding saves.

The penalty involving Alegria was a definite but I don't think he could see it for the two defenders blocking his view, could have done with help from the standside assistant. I'm struggling to think of any others

You forgot that ridiculous free kick decision against McCann after he'd been hauled to the ground and pulled the defender with him

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

The penalty involving Alegria was a definite but I don't think he could see it for the two defenders blocking his view, could have done with help from the standside assistant. I'm struggling to think of any others

You forgot that ridiculous free kick decision against McCann after he'd been hauled to the ground and pulled the defender with him

All of which have rightly been added to the highlights. The McCann one is just awful.

McCann beating the 6ft Adeyemo to a header was a personal highlight for me yesterday. Who's too small to play left back?

He’s actually no that bad in the air. Got some leap on him and definitely wins his fair share.

16 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Also forgot the pen claim in the 1st half, where Morrison was bizarrely judged to have handled the ball before being bundled to the ground.

Only remembered having watched the highlights, & at the time couldn't fathom why the foul had gone against him. As, from the ref's perspective & camera view (behind the players) it wasn't conclusively hands & the Linesman didn't flag.  

23 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Also forgot the pen claim in the 1st half, where Morrison was bizarrely judged to have handled the ball before being bundled to the ground.

Only remembered having watched the highlights, & at the time couldn't fathom why the foul had gone against him. As, from the ref's perspective & camera view (behind the players) it wasn't conclusively hands & the Linesman didn't flag.  

Having watched the highlights, I forgot the penalty shout on Morrison first half as well. That looked a penalty at the time. 

I want to retract my defence of the ref at the Alegria penalty claim. A shocking decision that I think he bottled giving as he knew he'd have to send the defender off as well. 

The McCann decision looks even worse on the highlights

On 14/08/2022 at 14:35, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Never stopped Willie Collum guessing and awarding a penalty to Rangers against Blair Alston.

Shortly after that we played a cuptie in, I think Dundee. The team team had their prematch meal in a hotel up there and by chance Collum was also in it. 

He asked the manager if he could speak to Alston and when this was granted he said he'd watched the incident again afterwards and realised he'd got it wrong. Alston got an apology out of Collum for it. 

On 14/08/2022 at 10:36, gav-ffc said:

Last time we played Peterhead was really impressed at how you guys tried to play out but completely different yesterday, long diagonal on top of McCann all game.

Dont think there was anymore than two of last seasons team on the park on Saturday. We have more or less started from scratch this season. Thought the 1-1 game late last season was one of our best performances, we closed Falkirk down all game & should probably have won it.

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Dont think there was anymore than two of last seasons team on the park on Saturday. We have more or less started from scratch this season. Thought the 1-1 game late last season was one of our best performances, we closed Falkirk down all game & should probably have won it.

Agreed, perhaps the loss of Ferry contributes more than the players executing the tactics?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Shortly after that we played a cuptie in, I think Dundee. The team team had their prematch meal in a hotel up there and by chance Collum was also in it. 

He asked the manager if he could speak to Alston and when this was granted he said he'd watched the incident again afterwards and realised he'd got it wrong. Alston got an apology out of Collum for it. 

That's a very interesting little nugget, thanks.

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I appreciate the input and I'm not shooting the messenger but so what?

If a referee has his line of sight blocked and he can't actually see an offence being committed then there is no way that a penalty should be given. Opposition players will obviously claim for a penalty but an unsighted referee shouldn't allow himself to be influenced by that.

An apology is too little, too late. If I was Alston I would have told him to stick his apology up his arse.