Falkirk Vs Peterheed

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Really choking to see a decent turn from McCann, Lawal and Burrell today. That would please me greatly and make me feel ore optimistic about the season ahead.

If Lawal and Burrell are on from the start today, I really hope that they are totally oblivious of the unfairly high expectations that the support, including yours truly, has of them. The support needs to get behind them right from the start and give them all the encouragement that they can. C'mon Ola and Rumarn!

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If Lawal and Burrell are on from the start today, I really hope that they are totally oblivious of the unfairly high expectations that the support, including yours truly, has of them. The support needs to get behind them right from the start and give them all the encouragement that they can. C'mon Ola and Rumarn!

I dont have huge expectations of them. I only really have hope that they are better than what we have and can ask questions of teams, and provide some actual presence in the final third. 

It's not a high bar for them to be brutally honest. 

For Burrell, be there to bury a chance. For Lawal, have more about you than Nesbit or McGuffie. 

Not really understanding where this "our season is over" pish is coming from after winning our League Cup group ahead of a Premiership and Championship side while conceding a single goal from a penalty, drawing an even game and losing once (albeit by a fairly embarrassing scoreline).

Keys for me today in team selection are getting players out the side in the following order - Nesbitt, Hetherington, McGuffie and Morrison. I don't think all four is achievable unfortunately. 

Would quite like to see us trying a narrow 4-3-3 with the full backs providing the width.

Goalkeeper

Williamson Donaldson Mackie McCann

Yeats McGinn Lawal

Morrison Oliver Burrell 

Win today and hopefully people can stop wetting their pants so much.

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
59 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
I’ve a bad feeling I’ll be watching another 0-0 today.

If that happens today, il be about ready to call us as being unlikely to make the playoffs in our current state.

The reason think that is I expect McGlynn to really tighten us up after last weeks hammering.

In respect of the playoffs it’ll be 10 games or so before table shapes up but I get your concerns.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The reason think that is I expect McGlynn to really tighten us up after last weeks hammering.

In respect of the playoffs it’ll be 10 games or so before table shapes up but I get your concerns.

We would tighten up naturally without passengers in the midfield. Its not McGlynn or the system that gives me cause for concern. Its quite simply that without finding goals from somewhere, we won't be able to reach the points total required. 

I'm watching us today against potential league cannon fodder, and what I'm saying is that if we fail to score against them, you would have to say the liklihoods will have shifted against us doing anything, with the squad as it is. 

19 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

McCann is a better left back than Mackie IMO. Algeria is painful to watch but he’s better than Ompreon so I guess that’s something. 

We were pretty good today but Peterhead were absolutely horrific. 

Felt a bit sorry for Alegria today. If he could learn the offside rule I reckon he would have got a goal.

Williamson was MOTM.

Peterhead were shocking. Their keeper saved them a real coaking. 
Good from Williamson, Morrison, McGinn and Donaldson. Nesbitt and Hetherington poor. 
Filth winning late on spoiled things a bit, along with my coupon.