Queens v Airdrie

Wait, there's what? Never heard of it. Where's that then? To be fair I don't think I've had a drink in town since pre-Covid but wasn't aware of that one.
Right at the bottom, pretty much opposite the vaults, if it's the one I'm thinking of. 
Used to be one of the MP/SMP offices, I think 

Aye this. It's ok. It's definitely a hipster pub and expensive. But if you like craft beer it's worth a go. I went in with work but have no reason to go back as they don't do cider. The beer garden is decent as well tae :(

7 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Strange how I can't remember what I did yesterday yet I can remember some things from decades ago quite clearly.  I recall Airdrie taking the lead and Queens equalising at 1-1 around 30 mins in.  Then the roof fell in ... everything Airdrie hit flew into the net and it was 1-5 by half time I think.  The second half was about damage limitation and trying to keep it in single figures.  To be fair that was a decent Airdrie side - think Derek Whiteford was the main man back then (captain?), not sure if the likes of Jarvie and Jonquin were in that side though.

Jonquin and Whiteford yes but Jarvie had been at Aberdeen for some years before that.

4 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

That’s a shame as I won’t be able to make the game.

it was the QoSTV Live section: https://www.qosfc.com/qostv

Solves my issue of trying to find decent wi-fi/4G for streaming in San Francisco.

Back on board the AFC Twitter feed train it is.

15 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The 2007 game was of course when that win meant we avoided automatic relegation ( Ross County!)  but of course went on to lose the play off to Stirling Albion. I still blame Kenny Black!

Im not saying I still have ptsd from that era but I still blame Kenny Black and Jimmy Boyle if I cant find my keys.

Gutted I cant make this as Dumfries is one of the easier trips for me to make.We should have enough to come away with a result but given our previous down there I won't be betting on it.

Really looking forward to this and will be interesting to see how both sides match up after getting a cupla games behind them. 

You can't imagine Queens will be waiting that much longer to get their first win on the board, but if they could wait another week, that'd be just lovely. 

Be interesting if Gibson starts Quitongo tomorrow against us, will he be in the right frame of mind?

Can remember the first game he played against us last season away to Peterhead he was trying like a bear

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye this. It's ok. It's definitely a hipster pub and expensive. But if you like craft beer it's worth a go. I went in with work but have no reason to go back as they don't do cider. The beer garden is decent as well tae :(

Does it do food? In case I'm down there with time to grab a lunch. 

Be interesting if Gibson starts Quitongo tomorrow against us, will he be in the right frame of mind?
Can remember the first game he played against us last season away to Peterhead he was trying like a bear

I'd expect Quitongo to be professional enough to put it away for 90 minutes. If we do score/win I'd fully expect a GIRUY from him to the fans mind you [emoji38] He should be starting for no other reason than us having kept a clean sheet at Montrose.
Does it do food? In case I'm down there with time to grab a lunch. 
I don't think so. It didn't when I was in certainly. There is a tapas restaurant on the Sands though just next to the Coach and Horses which is supposed to be nice. I'm sure you'll get a drink in there as well.

37 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

He was the same in the 1-1 draw at the end of the season, clearly trying far too hard to make an impact to the detriment of his performance. I’m sure he smashed into a tackle with Dean Ritchie within the first couple of minutes when no one else on the pitch was that bothered by the game. As @19QOS19says, I’m sure he’ll be dishing out plenty if Queens win but hopefully nobody embarrasses themselves, the situation is bad enough as it is.

Just wondering if the segregation will be sorted out for this weekend? Unfortunately the disabled supporter from the Clyde game has been put off coming back for the time being. Not that our stewards are any use anyway but just thought i would put it out there.

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think so. It didn't when I was in certainly. There is a tapas restaurant on the Sands though just next to the Coach and Horses which is supposed to be nice. I'm sure you'll get a drink in there as well.

No worries, thanks. Aside from the tapas, any other pubs doing food that you'd recommend? 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

No worries, thanks. Aside from the tapas, any other pubs doing food that you'd recommend? 

The Granary as well, right beside a taxi rank for if you leave it too late to walk to the ground, probably about a 15 min walk

Edited by QoS99

Just wondering if the segregation will be sorted out for this weekend? Unfortunately the disabled supporter from the Clyde game has been put off coming back for the time being. Not that our stewards are any use anyway but just thought i would put it out there.

I'm fully expecting the gate between the new stand and terrace to be closed with f**k all difference between home and away fans [emoji38]

What Dougie has said is the best recommendation as long as you aren't travelling with anyone under 14.

2 hours ago, QosLoyal said:

It's in the match preview that the away turnstiles will be in use. That usually means the away fans will have their own toilets and food kiosks.

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

The Cavens Arms on Buccleuch Street (just round corner from the whitesands) does decent pub grub.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

The Granary as well, right beside a taxi rank for if you leave it too late to walk to the ground, probably about a 15 min walk

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What Dougie has said is the best recommendation as long as you aren't travelling with anyone under 14.

Thanks very much all, appreciate it. 

1 minute ago, JK_Queens said:

Conditions going to be challenging this afternoon. 29 degrees at kick off - assume we’ll see water breaks? 

You'd hope so. Saw in the news they are definitely doing them down south but haven't seen anything about Scotland.