Queens v Airdrie

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Don't think I've seen us do well at Palmerston for years, possibly the last Archibald cup win, but I hope to see a win on Saturday. Hope springs eternal.

One game that springs to mind was the 3-0 game where we won to avoid automatic relegation. Was a good day out that.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hadn't realised Airdrie's record was so poor at Palmerston (since the reformation that is). Airdrie's form since 2004* at Palmerston:-

P13 W:1 D:4 L:8

The win was that game I was talking about. It was 28/4/07. Hopefully Palmerston is as big a jinx for you as it is Ayr and we can get a draw at the very least emoji38.png

* It only goes to 2004 on this website. Though I've no item if we played you in the first two years so I imagine it's pretty accurate. https://livescores.biz/h2h/airdrieonians-vs-queen-of-the-south/

Queen of the South is one of my favourite away days, I must have drank a lot on the previous trips to never notice how bad our record was down there. 😲

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was at that 1-7 game and pretty sure it was an early game for Sandy Clarke so late 70s. 

Strange how I can't remember what I did yesterday yet I can remember some things from decades ago quite clearly.  I recall Airdrie taking the lead and Queens equalising at 1-1 around 30 mins in.  Then the roof fell in ... everything Airdrie hit flew into the net and it was 1-5 by half time I think.  The second half was about damage limitation and trying to keep it in single figures.  To be fair that was a decent Airdrie side - think Derek Whiteford was the main man back then (captain?), not sure if the likes of Jarvie and Jonquin were in that side though.

10 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

September 1976. The other fixture was a 2-2 draw at Broomfield. Oh for the days of just two games rather than four.

Aye, Broomfield was a cracking old-time stadium.  Must have been a great atmosphere when full.

19 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm positive that was a lovely summers day as well, cracking atmosphere as well tbf.

All I can remember is we netted early and Ian Harty and Brian McPhee were going absolutely bonkers jumping into the crowd.

I'm positive that was a lovely summers day as well, cracking atmosphere as well tbf.
Yes it was. I'd love to know when the 3rd goal went in. I left very early in that game. I want to say it was right after the 3rd goal all the while shouting at McCall for bending over [emoji38]

FWIW I probably wouldn't care nowadays if that happened. I must have been more excitable back then, or had more integrity...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes it was. I'd love to know when the 3rd goal went in. I left very early in that game. I want to say it was right after the 3rd goal all the while shouting at McCall for bending over emoji38.png

FWIW I probably wouldn't care nowadays if that happened. I must have been more excitable back then, or had more integrity...

28th April 2007
Queen of the South 0 - 3 Airdrie United
Att: 3,012
Scorers: Stuart Taylor (10), Ian Harty (19), Paul Lovering (60)

QoS Match Report

Pretty clear we were in holiday mode in that one off the back of securing survival the week before. Not sure what Scally's doing at centre back (and Aitken was making a first start after long term injury) but what a team that was looking back. There's about 9 of that starting line up (and O'Neill and Burns on the bench) who would rightly be part of any conversation of our greatest team in the last two or three decades. Nine of them played in the Scottish Cup final 12 months later.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

28th April 2007
Queen of the South 0 - 3 Airdrie United
Att: 3,012
Scorers: Stuart Taylor (10), Ian Harty (19), Paul Lovering (60)

QoS Match Report

Pretty clear we were in holiday mode in that one off the back of securing survival the week before. Not sure what Scally's doing at centre back (and Aitken was making a first start after long term injury) but what a team that was looking back. There's about 9 of that starting line up (and O'Neill and Burns on the bench) who would rightly be part of any conversation of our greatest team in the last two or three decades. Nine of them played in the Scottish Cup final 12 months later.

Look at the attendances we used to get, practically a third of that now

40 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Look at the attendances we used to get, practically a third of that now

It was the last game of the season and Airdrie had to win to stay up. There was a very big away support. Our average home attendance that season was around 1,750 I think. By comparison only about 300 higher than the Clyde game.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, no stream available. Didn't stream the League Cup games even when it was allowed domestically.

Edit - As a matter of interest where on our website does it suggest we do? I had a look but couldn't see anything other than a link to QoStv which if clicked leads to a page saying we won't be streaming this season.

That’s a shame as I won’t be able to make the game.

it was the QoSTV Live section: https://www.qosfc.com/qostv

Looking like it's going to be a decent day on Saturday. Any suggestions for a pub with outdoor seating/beer garden? Preferably near White Sands Bus Stance.
Coach and Horses and/or New Bazaar are both on the Sands and normally have outdoor seating. The Bazaar is generally a "Queens Bar" so I'd imagine there will be a few fans in for a drink as well. There is a pub at the bottom of the Vennel called Riverside Tap which has a decent beer garden. It is pricey though but if you like your craft beer it's probably worth a drink or two.

28 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

That’s a shame as I won’t be able to make the game.

it was the QoSTV Live section: https://www.qosfc.com/qostv

Gotcha. I didn't look there, I looked at QoStv Live which is a different link and makes it clear it's no longer active. The QoStv one clearly hasn't been updated.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Tory Boy said:
Looking like it's going to be a decent day on Saturday. Any suggestions for a pub with outdoor seating/beer garden? Preferably near White Sands Bus Stance.

Coach and Horses and/or New Bazaar are both on the Sands and normally have outdoor seating. The Bazaar is generally a "Queens Bar" so I'd imagine there will be a few fans in for a drink as well. There is a pub at the bottom of the Vennel called Riverside Tap which has a decent beer garden. It is pricey though but if you like your craft beer it's probably worth a drink or two.

Wait, there's what? Never heard of it. Where's that then? To be fair I don't think I've had a drink in town since pre-Covid but wasn't aware of that one.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wait, there's what? Never heard of it. Where's that then? To be fair I don't think I've had a drink in town since pre-Covid but wasn't aware of that one.

Right at the bottom, pretty much opposite the vaults, if it's the one I'm thinking of. 

Used to be one of the MP/SMP offices, I think 

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

Thanks a lot 👍