Queens v Airdrie

28 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Haha, well quite so, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they agreed to have him in up to and including match day 2, depending on what they knew about the extent of Rae's absence at the time. 

Alternatively, he'll be on loan three come Saturday, or they extended it into a longer term loan and no longer a 7 day rolling one and haven't said so. Ultimately matters not; he'll be in goals, presumably, if Rae isn't back fit yet. We'll probably get an update on Friday when the match preview is published. 

Sorry, I expect we're boring everyone else by now but it IS beyond the realms of possibility. A 7 day Emergency Loan for a goalkeeper is exactly that. A 7 day loan. Lasting 168 hours from 00:01 on the day its signed to 00:00 7 days later. There's absolutely zero latitude for clubs to make it any longer or shorter, regardless of what they knew about Rae's absence. If they want to renew it they have to start a further 7 day period after the first one expires. His initial loan, which was publicly called a 7 day emergency loan, began either on Saturday 30th July or more likely the day or two before. and expired before the day of the Falkirk game so must have been renewed in some format. We actually first signed Josh on exactly that basis, taking him on a series of half a dozen 7 day loans 2 years ago when Peterhead were inactive anyway due to Covid and our own 2nd and 3rd keepers were both injured. An arrangement that worked well for everyone, helping Josh stay fit at a time when League 1 players weren't allowed to train in groups.

You're right, it may have been made into a half season loan on the 2nd occasion but presumably if that was the case one or other club or the player would have said so by now. Either way though, the original point was that it being beyond day 7 of his loan doesn't necessarily mean he isn't available. He almost certainly is if required. 👍

Gutted to be missing the game on Saturday.  Dumfries was always a good away day. I hope we have the same starting line up as previous.  Would love to get murray on loan untill January atleast. Mccabe to score a 35 yard free kick and calgall to score a rare tap in. ♦️

Don't think I've seen us do well at Palmerston for years, possibly the last Archibald cup win, but I hope to see a win on Saturday. Hope springs eternal.
You beat us on the last game of the season a few years ago. 3-0 I think, when McCall clearly did you a favour to avoid relegation and threw the game [emoji57]

4 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Paul Lovering free kick, I believe!

What a moment. I'm sure he just went up and blasted it into the top corner, to the surprise of literally everyone there. I'm very much here for Euan Deveney doing that on Saturday.

Edited by Mr November

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You beat us on the last game of the season a few years ago. 3-0 I think, when McCall clearly did you a favour to avoid relegation and threw the game emoji57.png

Can't find it yet but in his first season in 2006, Airdrie finished above Queens and were relegated next season. I do remember a Lovering free kick and was there. 

Thanks for update and I'll need to check the archives to see if I was there. 
Hadn't realised Airdrie's record was so poor at Palmerston (since the reformation that is). Airdrie's form since 2004* at Palmerston:-

P13 W:1 D:4 L:8

The win was that game I was talking about. It was 28/4/07. Hopefully Palmerston is as big a jinx for you as it is Ayr and we can get a draw at the very least [emoji38]

* It only goes to 2004 on this website. Though I've no item if we played you in the first two years so I imagine it's pretty accurate. https://livescores.biz/h2h/airdrieonians-vs-queen-of-the-south/

Despite the decent 0-0 away to Montrose last week I'm still struggling to hope for a positive result for Queens here.  A combination of Airdrie having started the season on fire, a number of ex QOS players at Airdrie wanting to put one over on us, our continuing abysmal home form and still being without key players in Connelly and Todd (possibly) aren't helping to quell my negative vibes.  Plus to this day I keep getting PTSD flashbacks from an utter 1-7 drubbing from Airdrie at Palmy in the 70s.  I'm hanging what few hopes I have on the fact that my predictions have a habit of being total bollocks though ...

How bad were we in the league Cup game last season that Ally Roy scored a hat trick into us [emoji23]

Never knew our record was that bad away at Queens, I've never seen us win at Palmerston, but I suppose there is a first for everything.

If Davie Hutton is in goals for us, and Currie for you's I may need to amend my prediction from 2-1 to a 5-5 draw.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sorry, I expect we're boring everyone else by now but it IS beyond the realms of possibility. A 7 day Emergency Loan for a goalkeeper is exactly that. A 7 day loan. Lasting 168 hours from 00:01 on the day its signed to 00:00 7 days later. There's absolutely zero latitude for clubs to make it any longer or shorter, regardless of what they knew about Rae's absence. If they want to renew it they have to start a further 7 day period after the first one expires. His initial loan, which was publicly called a 7 day emergency loan, began either on Saturday 30th July or more likely the day or two before. and expired before the day of the Falkirk game so must have been renewed in some format. We actually first signed Josh on exactly that basis, taking him on a series of half a dozen 7 day loans 2 years ago when Peterhead were inactive anyway due to Covid and our own 2nd and 3rd keepers were both injured. An arrangement that worked well for everyone, helping Josh stay fit at a time when League 1 players weren't allowed to train in groups.

You're right, it may have been made into a half season loan on the 2nd occasion but presumably if that was the case one or other club or the player would have said so by now. Either way though, the original point was that it being beyond day 7 of his loan doesn't necessarily mean he isn't available. He almost certainly is if required. 👍

On this note, I assume Jamie MacDonald for us was the longest emergency loan in history. If memory serves 5 months straight of renewals.

15 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

On this note, I assume Jamie MacDonald for us was the longest emergency loan in history. If memory serves 5 months straight of renewals.

Indeed. And they had to go to the hassle of renewing methodically every 7 days as that's what the rules insisted had to happen. They must have got thoroughly sick of it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Reasonably confident going into Saturday. We’re playing some really good stuff and all of a sudden our strikers have started scoring. Hopefully McMaster is back in the squad. I doubt Rae will be anywhere near the squad as he was still in a sling on Saturday - not an issue as long as Johnson’s loan can be extended.

I don’t recall ever getting a positive result from QoS though so not expecting an easy game.

Do QoS stream the games for fans “outside of the UK”? A glance at your website suggests you do, but I fear this may not have been updated since COVID times.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Reasonably confident going into Saturday. We’re playing some really good stuff and all of a sudden our strikers have started scoring. Hopefully McMaster is back in the squad. I doubt Rae will be anywhere near the squad as he was still in a sling on Saturday - not an issue as long as Johnson’s loan can be extended.

I don’t recall ever getting a positive result from QoS though so not expecting an easy game.

Do QoS stream the games for fans “outside of the UK”? A glance at your website suggests you do, but I fear this may not have been updated since COVID times.

No, no stream available. Didn't stream the League Cup games even when it was allowed domestically.

Edit - As a matter of interest where on our website does it suggest we do? I had a look but couldn't see anything other than a link to QoStv which if clicked leads to a page saying we won't be streaming this season.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Despite the decent 0-0 away to Montrose last week I'm still struggling to hope for a positive result for Queens here.  A combination of Airdrie having started the season on fire, a number of ex QOS players at Airdrie wanting to put one over on us, our continuing abysmal home form and still being without key players in Connelly and Todd (possibly) aren't helping to quell my negative vibes.  Plus to this day I keep getting PTSD flashbacks from an utter 1-7 drubbing from Airdrie at Palmy in the 70s.  I'm hanging what few hopes I have on the fact that my predictions have a habit of being total bollocks though ...

I was at that 1-7 game and pretty sure it was an early game for Sandy Clarke so late 70s.