Stirling Albion -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 13 August 2022)

Well that was unexpected, felt that if we played to our potential then we might just have sneaked it but no, 1 nil up after 2 minutes, great strike from Dale Carrick. Then a few minutes later the sending off, Stenny down to 10 men really helped.

We should have scored more goals in the first half but the Stenny keeper denied us on a couple of occasions. 

Half time 1-0 and looking good and we get another soon after the restart from Robert Thompson to make it 2-0. Stenny imo did not have much up front, passed the ball well but very little penetration. 

The 3rd goal great finish from Carrick one on one with the keeper to wrap up the points and we kept a clean sheet as well, good performance to get our first win of the season. Let’s hope we can push on from here, Annan away next week it will be tough but we will go in confident. 

Absolutely delighted today, our best performance so far this season, and if we can play like that more weeks than not, then we’ll certainly be in the pack at the end of the season.

I’m surprised at the comments made above about Brennan, he was MOTM for me today. Yes he looked suspect at a number of crosses, but his 2 big saves in the First Half and 1 in the Second, really did make the score slightly respectable for Stenny, who I felt were surprisingly poor, and lacked any ideas at all going forward.

People will point at the Sending Off early on and of course it made a big impact,  but you also take away how well we played when you say that, especially in a heat that was stifling. Talking of people and talking of heat, I can’t believe some of the idiotic shouts around me of “up it” and what have you. Have these guys never heard of game management or played? That was a killer.

I have been critical of the decision to play Cummins as a Right Back this season, but I have to say I thought he played well today and you can see what he brings, if he keeps playing like that then I may have to eat my words. However for us, the game was won via the energy and link up play of Carrick, Thompson, Leitch and Moore. I thought they were excellent. Not always on the ball, but the way they worked together, the runs they made and the gaps they got themselves into. In fact, at this moment in time, I wouldn’t swap Carrick for any other Striker in the league, I think he’s cracking and keeping him fit is essential to a good season.

Yes the team lacks pace, but today they didn’t lack desire and they didn’t lack effectiveness. Happy days!!

Weird game all in. Thight Carrick took his goal well early then a stick on red card left the match done before it had even started.

Thought Stenny were utterly dreadful all told, never created a single chance and it really should have been four or five for Stirling.