Dumbarton vs Annan Athletic

Annan were the last team to beat us in this division when they won 2-0 at the Rock on 21st March 2009. Can they do it again or will the Sons win the first three games in a season for the first time since 1959?

Discuss.

Annan had a decent start to season. Cup wise some grand results. League wise a terrible start losing to 

Stranraer. However game against Stennie on Saturday was more like it! So who knows how game on Saturday

will go! Time will tell looking forward to it!

17 hours ago, microdave said:

Annan were the last team to beat us in this division when they won 2-0 at the Rock on 21st March 2009. Can they do it again or will the Sons win the first three games in a season for the first time since 1959?

Discuss.

We won't.  With the score at 1-1 John Gemmell will produce a 'Nisbet' from the spot in the 87tg minute.

This will be a tough one. I actually fancy Annan for the league despite my early summer prediction of Forfar sneaking it - Peter Murphy seems to be doing a fantastic job on a modest enough budget. I was going to compare it to Petrie at Montrose but they seem to be splashing the cash willy nilly these days. 

I haven’t seen us in league action yet but by all accounts we seem to be struggling a bit with creating chances. If MacLean is fit I’d like to see him replace Orsi and I’d be keen to see us avoid reverting to big daft hoofs up the park. 

After two wins confidence should be high. 2-1 Sons.

I am actually quite looking forward to this one...I know cant believe I'm saying it either.

Here's hoping for another 3 pts. confidence can only grow with results and we of all teams could use the confidence booster once we grow in confidence results will take care of themselves, but for the most part the last two games we have still looked a little on edge/ unsure of ourselves when we shouldn't be. 

It all points towards an entertaining game if nothing else, roll on saturday

On 07/08/2022 at 22:19, microdave said:

Discuss.

I think you've just answered your own question.

14 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Suspect that it isnt and that the days of streaming are over.

We announced a couple of weeks ago that streaming would continue for overseas fans…

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5454

For those wishing to access the service from outwith the UK and Ireland, live streaming will continue as this is permitted within the regulations.

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can’t see any mention of the overseas stream on our preview. Does anyone know if it’s happening or what?

I don't think it will be happening this week unfortunately. Something to do with Pixellot and geoblocking not being sorted yet. That's not fully confirmed yet though.

On a totally unrelated note; I've got a full set of notes on Annan Athletic players if anyone wants to buy them from me :(

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't think it will be happening this week unfortunately. Something to do with Pixellot and geoblocking not being sorted yet. That's not fully confirmed yet though.

On a totally unrelated note; I've got a full set of notes on Annan Athletic players if anyone wants to buy them from me :(

That’s a bit of a bummer!

Looking forward to this one. Fancy Annan to be a good side this season, but I reckon we'll take the points to keep the good start going. Weather's to be a scorcher. Might end up being a slow affair as the heat takes a toll. Perfect weather for a few pints, a Sons win and a post match barbecue.

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That’s a bit of a bummer!

I’d second that.

As much as it’s better actually getting to Sons games, the streams were still a great alternative.

Guess I’ll just have to watch my second choice team in SW6, instead.

Edited by FifeSons

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’d second that.

As much as it’s better actually getting to Sons games, the streams were still a great alternative.

Guess I’ll just have to watch my second choice team in SW6, instead.

I mean you could use a VPN. Most are cheep as chips nowadays.

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

I mean you could use a VPN. Most are cheep as chips nowadays.

Think the problem isn't the location thing it's that Pixellot is having issues and/or is down. See below.

19 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Edited by squeezebox-son